Whats This Wheel Off?

Otaylor38

Hey everybody (:

I keep seeing this design wheel on the viffer. I really like it and think it looks soo much better than the stock 5 spoke.

Whats it off? Are they easy to get hold of?

Cheers!

Ps. The picks off a vfr facebook page. Nice eh? (:

post-30934-0-58220900-1417556829.jpg

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

That's a 3rd gen 8 spoke off a 90-93 vfr. Can be found used, but often command a hefty price. I got mine off of eBay a while back for around $250 and I think I got luckier than some.

Cheers guys!

Thats as old as me that wheel! Haha.

I take it its a direct fit? The nuts are all the right distance?

I really want one. Can only seem to find a vfr400 wheel, which looks a completely different fitment and i assume is a different (narrower?) wheel?

No shortage of front wheels, no backs though :(

• Member Contributer

It's a direct bolt-on. The lug pattern, offset, etc. is the same as a stock 6th gen. ('02-'09) wheel. Keep in mind you'll probably want to get it powder coated (get he wheel checked out first, though). A few years ago this guy took an 8-spoke wheel to the powder coater only to find out (when he had new tire put on) that the wheel wasn't straight and couldn't be fixed.

It's a direct bolt-on. The lug pattern, offset, etc. is the same as a stock 6th gen. ('02-'09) wheel. Keep in mind you'll probably want to get it powder coated (get he wheel checked out first, though). A few years ago this guy took an 8-spoke wheel to the powder coater only to find out (when he had new tire put on) that the wheel wasn't straight and couldn't be fixed.

Cheers for the heads up

I wouldnt be too happy if that happened. Poor guy!

I've set a notification on ebay to tell me when at 'vfr wheel' is listed. So fingers crossed, one day...

• Member Contributer

I would check Craigslist often as well. Do a "search all of craigslist" and you can search CL ads easily. I found one last week for $120. It will need to be powdercoated but it was straight and cheap. Sometimes you get lucky. Look for salvage VFRs of that year, sometimes people are parting them out.

• Member Contributer

I would check Craigslist often as well. Do a "search all of craigslist" and you can search CL ads easily. I found one last week for $120. It will need to be powdercoated but it was straight and cheap. Sometimes you get lucky. Look for salvage VFRs of that year, sometimes people are parting them out.

I'd say that you got lucky! Nice find.

I really want one. Can only seem to find a vfr400 wheel, which looks a completely different fitment and i assume is a different (narrower?) wheel?

No shortage of front wheels, no backs though :(

Yep the VFR400 wheel is a single nut fitment (like Ducs and Triumphs) and is only 4.5" wide.

Your VFRs current rear rim is 5.5" wide, so is the 8-spoker. Good luck with your search!

• Member Contributer

There was one in the classifieds within the past month that ended up on ebay. It went for $400. Some are really nice like this one was, but others are sometimes in rough shape. Ask questions or for more photos if you're unsure about condition. Good luck with it.

Cheers!

Well im in the UK, which probably knocks my chances down of finding one a lot more.

Dont really want to be paying the shipping from America. Thatd cost me a fortune id imagine.

Will just have to keep lookin about

I'm not fussed about the paint condition, like you say, id get it refurbished anyway. Got a mate that does that for a living so thats no prob.

I'll just have to hope i get lucky i guess ;).

• 2 weeks later...

I wanted to add one to my 2004 VFR. When I was looking, all I could find was $400 minimum.

So, I swapped wheels with my 1993, and had the white 8-spoker painted gloss black. I sold my pearl white 1993 with a Gen 6 5-spoker in white. Looked weird, but I got what I wanted for the bike i decided to keep.

• Member Contributer

I wanted to add one to my 2004 VFR. When I was looking, all I could find was $400 minimum.

So, I swapped wheels with my 1993, and had the white 8-spoker painted gloss black. I sold my pearl white 1993 with a Gen 6 5-spoker in white. Looked weird, but I got what I wanted for the bike i decided to keep.

Picture or it never happened!!! :goofy:

• Member Contributer

Here I thought all VFR owners knew where the 8 Spoke wheel was from, but even yesterday a guy riding a silver 6 Gen asked us if the wheels on our 6 Gens (Mine and Rogue's) was stock. I said yes and no, it is stock but not for our generation but for the 3rd Gens. Then I gave him the bad news...good luck trying to find one, at least for less than $300! Also told him to join the forum and keep an eye on the classified section. We'll see if he does :unsure:

Here I thought all VFR owners knew where the 8 Spoke wheel was from, but even yesterday a guy riding a silver 6 Gen asked us if the wheels on our 6 Gens (Mine and Rogue's) was stock. I said yes and no, it is stock but not for our generation but for the 3rd Gens. Then I gave him the bad news...good luck trying to find one, at least for less than $300! Also told him to join the forum and keep an eye on the classified section. We'll see if he does :unsure:

I've not had the viffer long, so thats my excuse ;) haha.

Im still learning :).

Noo dont tell him that. Dont want him buying em haha.

• Member Contributer

I've not had the viffer long, so thats my excuse ;) haha.

Im still learning :).

Noo dont tell him that. Dont want him buying em haha.

To be honest, the look on his face said it all, he was out once I said the cost and difficulty in obtaining one! Whether he joins up or not, we'll see.

Trader

And Duccmann, the word is "traitor" but see above comment. You have no worries. Still keeping an eye out for you bro!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

My "RC46" with a modified 3rd gen wheel fitted with RC30 center lock hardware,

20141213_132318_zps46eff1cf.jpg

20141213_132425_zps76c157b3.jpg

Good looking 6th gen! If thats your Hawk GT I have seen it on the Hawk forum and for sale on CL. Also gorgeous. My Hawk is jealous.

That's me.

I had both for sale at one point. The Hawk is a show bike/garage queen (also with a center-lock modified 3rd gen VFR rear wheel). I can't get myself to sell the VFR. It's such a great all around bike. My ride today confirmed it once again.

00V0V_1VtPnOH4iRd_600x450_zpsb02ec897.jp

It appears you can still get a brand new one.

Any color you like, as long as it's white.

For about $600! :goofy:

http://www.servicehonda.com/parts/lookup#/Honda/VFR750F_AC_%2893%29_MOTORCYCLE%2c_JPN%2c_VIN%23_JH2RC361-PM300001_TO_JH2RC361-PM300217/REAR_WHEEL_90-93/VFR750F-93-JPN-AC/2Y14MT4LMT44F1400C

And the whole bike is worth how much? :wacko:

• Member Contributer

It appears you can still get a brand new one.

Any color you like, as long as it's white.

For about $600! :goofy:

And the whole bike is worth how much? :wacko:

the joy its brings can not be calculated!!!!

Archived