Whats This Wheel Off?

Otaylor38

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, to serious. ...everyone has an opinion.

Thought this was a brotherhood . Chill

Brother can you spare a dime?

How about a few grand? :goofy:

$_1.JPGGuess when the time is right, SCORE!!!!!!!!!!!! Got both for $180 delivered.

Anyone need a 1990 front wheel?

How wide is that rear wheel? Be aware that there are two versions of the 4-bolt 8-spoke wheel. 4.5x17 qnd 5.5x17.

• Member Contributer

If the markings are obscured by dirt buildup, you can also measure the distance between the bead seating surfaces.

1990...shit did not know that

I'm hoping I'm wrong for your sake. But I swear I came across somewhere in my research a couple of years ago that a narrower 8-spoke exists. I may have confused the NC24 wheel, a 4.5x18 wheel. Like Cogswell says . . . measure the distance between the bead seating surfaces.

http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/forum/index.php/topic/49611-rear-wheelstires-the-end-all-discussion/

NC24 Wheel:

Picture6_zpsa7ecef7c.png

• Member Contributer

That's a standard 3G wheel he bought, with the little directional arrows. The 400's all used 18" wheels too, before the '94, then they were all center nut.

I was going to say NC24.

Which wheel are you using on the R?

Well, it's in the mail...I certainly hope you have it backwards . We will see by Thursday. Wish the backside of the wheel was cleaner and a higher resolution so I could read the markings and calm down.......I need a shot of scotch now..fingers crossed

Well, it's in the mail...I certainly hope you have it backwards . We will see by Thursday. Wish the backside of the wheel was cleaner and a higher resolution so I could read the markings and calm down.......I need a shot of scotch now..fingers crossed

I'm thinking that you're in good shape. I'm pretty sure I had the NC24 wheel in mind . . . sorry to stress you out. :comp13:

• Member Contributer

Well the goods came in today and so we can now end the suspense...It IS the 5.5 width wheel. So now Duccmann and I can get his tire off his old rim, get his new (to him) 8 spoke rim to the powder coater!

Looks like the right one to me...

post-23057-0-99147100-1421383098.jpg

Look closely and you'll see 5.50

post-23057-0-49285700-1421383100.jpg

• Member Contributer

Congratulations! That one looks like it's in nice shape. If the powdercoater comes through for the amount quoted above, you'll have a nice 8 spoke totally re-finished for around $250. Quite a deal! :fing02:

Archived