Whats This Wheel Off?

Otaylor38

The joy bikes bring with boring old stock wheels cannot be calculated either. :beer:

The price of a pair of forged wheels, or carbon fiber, is easily calculated.

Or maybe not. If I have to ask how much they cost....

I'd like some, but you know what they say.... :wink:

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It appears you can still get a brand new one.

Any color you like, as long as it's white.

For about $600! :goofy:

And the whole bike is worth how much? :wacko:

the joy its brings can not be calculated!!!!

Hmm i dont think its that bad. Not sure id pay it but it works out at roughly £381.

When the bikes worth £3500. Thats not a problem. N im sure i wouldnt struggle to sell it in the future.

Maybe tempted at some point, but I'll keep looking for a used one for now

• Member Contributer

One on UK EBAY too.

It comes with a swing arm too for some reason

Looks tatty but would refurb anyway.

However he wants £300 plus postage.

Not much less than a brand new one...

you live in england. drive over and pick it up!!!

it will be cheaper and faster than postage. :beer:

One on UK EBAY too.

It comes with a swing arm too for some reason

Looks tatty but would refurb anyway.

However he wants £300 plus postage.

Not much less than a brand new one...

you live in england. drive over and pick it up!!!

it will be cheaper and faster than postage. :beer:

It wont

Its a 600 mile round trip haha.

• Member Contributer

600 ? thats it? 1 day trip .

i drove from Atlantic city to St Louis just for the ribs.

thats 947 miles one way for diner ,

yes, i really wanted GOOOOOOOD ribs :fing02: :laugh2:

There is an RC30 8 spoke wheel listed on ebay now (not mine or anyone I know). 1 bid, $175, 19 hours left. Would need center lock hardware like rc4six's bike.

I should probably mention that one bid is not mine nor do I know who's it is. I'd jump on that wheel if I didn't have so many other things on my plate.

Its not the driving mate. I'll drive all day, i dont mind.

Its 600 mile. In my car with the current prices thatd prob cost me roughly £80-90. Something like that

Somehow, he wants £16 postage. Haha.

Currently tryna bargain him down but he wont split the wheel from the swingarm.

Its gonna have to be a good price, or im just not gonna bother

• Member Contributer

Its not the driving mate. I'll drive all day, i dont mind.

Its 600 mile. In my car with the current prices thatd prob cost me roughly £80-90. Something like that

Somehow, he wants £16 postage. Haha.

Currently tryna bargain him down but he wont split the wheel from the swingarm.

Its gonna have to be a good price, or im just not gonna bother

Wow! that's a big difference in cost! But in the scheme of things not too bad I guess. I've seen a few eBay and other classifieds where the shipping is actually more than the cost of the item. I usually don't buy those on principle alone. Sometimes it's warranted, but other times, I think they're just trying to recoup some money.

:offtopic:

I had an instance where it was the reverse, someone paid me to drive to a meeting. I drove 5.5 hours, sat in a meeting for 1.5 hours, then drove back the same day which took me 6 hours. In hind sight they could have just had me "telecommute" but they said they really wanted my physical presence at the meeting, a show of force so to speak. Airfare, car rental for this was going to be astronomical due to the last minute request, as well as inconvenient, as the closet airport was at least 1.5 hours away, hence driving instead. Ironically, by the time the project came to fruition, I wasn't available to do it, so they had to go with another provider. Penny wise and pound foolish I guess.

Aha. Yeah it is quite a way. Id drive it if he payed me, but i dont think thatll happen ;) hsha.

So guys. Advice please.

£250 (377 USD) for a wheel and swingarm off a 1991 vfr 750 Rc36 (that is the right wheel isnt it? Haha). It needs refurbishment but he promises me its straight and true. Worth it? Is that reasonable?

The swingarm is no use to me. Are they worth anything? Or shall i just scrap that and count it as an inconvenience? Haha.

• Member Contributer

Aha. Yeah it is quite a way. Id drive it if he payed me, but i dont think thatll happen ;) hsha.

So guys. Advice please.

£250 (377 USD) for a wheel and swingarm off a 1991 vfr 750 Rc36 (that is the right wheel isnt it? Haha). It needs refurbishment but he promises me its straight and true. Worth it? Is that reasonable?

The swingarm is no use to me. Are they worth anything? Or shall i just scrap that and count it as an inconvenience? Haha.

For the whole kit and kaboodle. that seems like a good price, for the wheel alone it's a little high. ~$250 + shipping seems to be the average, and yes that is the correct year.

• Member Contributer

So guys. Advice please.

you can sell the swing arm to your local hooligan street fighter guy with your old wheel...

and possibly get all your money back.

So guys. Advice please.

you can sell the swing arm to your local hooligan street fighter guy with your old wheel...

and possibly get all your money back.

Good idea

But i want my wheel. I plan on getting a newer 6th gen. 06 or newer (im not sure i 100% trust this one tbh) and will want to obv carry the 8spoke over to the new one. So I'll need my wheel :(.

Im not a good enough salesman to sell a 1 wheeled motorbike at full price. No test rides allowed ;) haha.

• Member Contributer

There is currentlly one for sale on VFR World...you know... that "other" VFR forum :goofy:

• Member Contributer

There is currentlly one for sale on VFR World...you know... that "other" VFR forum :goofy:

oh, you mean the one where people call you names for posting tips on modding bikes??

"other" is putting it nicely.

oh, you mean the one where people call you names for posting tips on modding bikes??

You dont like it there then? Haha.

I've never been on it myself. Not to post anyway

• Member Contributer

You dont like it there then? Haha.

I've never been on it myself. Not to post anyway

i am a certified honda tech , ditto for HD , and suzuki...

i cut and paste my how too tips and was called names by about 20 people

:mellow:

, .one dude said the battery tender will save your R/R.. :wacko:

so i just deleted all my posts . clearly they world rather trash people instead of having a good bike. :comp13:

• Member Contributer

Personally, I am not a fan myself but no issues with any of the members. I really just hate their layout and don't find the support to be as informative.

Go VFRD!

Ah leave em to it then.

Yeah this forum seems pretty damn good! Didnt know which to join when i first bought the viffer, as id read things on quite a few related forums before hand.

Think i made the right choice though!

Gonna message this guy again tomorrow. If i can get it for £200 I'll take it. Its not gonna be cheap to refurb n what not, but i dont think I'll lose much in the long run?

• Member Contributer

Its totally worth that if it makes you happy. I have that wheel on two of my VFRs and it looks damn sexy. so good luck. glad to help.

Archived