Texasmac 2015. May 28Th - 31St

Fyi Andrea White aka Warwomen has stepped in to help me and will be my event coordinator to help take some load of me.

Please help and assist her in any way, shape or form. :beer:

BR

I hope this doesn't mean the kegs are being replaced with coconut tequila? :unsure:

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dang, Ken! Was hoping to hang with you a good bit at TMac. Since I'm planning to take the whole week off and arrive earlier in the week than usual, hopefully we still get to hang and ride a bit before you have to depart.

• Member Contributer

BaileyRock - can you update the thread title and initial post with the new dates, please? I may be able to make it and do AngelRide! How sweet would that be! Noice!!!

Power, thank you. I will go through the threads. For me, I don't have the option of trailering. I'm okay with the slab. However may not be after if I can do this. LOL. I'd love to meet all of the people I feel I've grown to know over the years, through this board. Also, the idea of seeing so many VFR's, and their owners is overwhelming to me. Uber cool.

Dave.

For those coming from Ontario, where would you cross over into the states? Minnesota or Michigan? I'd like to make it to TMAC this year (if I can afford it), but it's a LONG trip to ride solo...

BaileyRock - can you update the thread title and initial post with the new dates, please? I may be able to make it and do AngelRide! How sweet would that be! Noice!!!

Sorry for any misunderstanding. The posted dates are correct "May 28th - 31st."

Thanks

BR

• Member Contributer

Hot Dang! I'm booked from Mon > Sun. Now if I can just sneak out of town w/o the forest rats finding out. :wheel: :3:

It will be great to see all you asylum members again.

Hot Dang! I'm booked from Mon > Sun. Now if I can just sneak out of town w/o the forest rats finding out. :wheel::3:

Do you have any bikes left??? I thought bambi cleared out your garage already... :goofy:

• Member Contributer

Hot Dang! I'm booked from Mon > Sun. Now if I can just sneak out of town w/o the forest rats finding out. :wheel::3:

Do you have any bikes left??? I thought bambi cleared out your garage already... :goofy:

He buys 2 5th gen's every year .

:goofy:

I will have a better choice of tools this year Terry .

TRN2

• 2 weeks later...

Fyi Andrea White aka Warwomen has stepped in to help me and will be my event coordinator to help take some load of me.

Please help and assist her in any way, shape or form. :beer:

BR

I hope this doesn't mean the kegs are being replaced with coconut tequila? :unsure:

The secret surprise is out !!! :unsure:

I heard about this event from a regular VFRD guy I met this summer at the Gap who rides a lot and lives near the area. I was slack and just now searched for info and it appears all rooms are gone.

Anybody interested in sharing expenses on a room? I've got a Pittsburgh buddy who would like to come also.

Jody

Savannah, GA

• Member Contributer

I heard about this event from a regular VFRD guy I met this summer at the Gap who rides a lot and lives near the area. I was slack and just now searched for info and it appears all rooms are gone.

Anybody interested in sharing expenses on a room? I've got a Pittsburgh buddy who would like to come also.

Jody

Savannah, GA

Did you mention you are with the VFRD group? If not, try again and mention Kevin or VFRD.

• Member Contributer

Jody

Savannah, GA

Welcome Jody, I remember talking to you .

• Member Contributer

I am truly behind the curve. Just got to this news today. And great news it is. Graduations are over, Students are gone. Summer will be under way and I will be there this year. Missed you guys last year but Cali was wonderful.

Thanks for posting Switchblade. I had forgotten your profile name. I wish I had looked earlier. Hopefully will get a room somewhere in the vicinity.

Hey Jody,

I doubt all the rooms are gone already! I reserve the entire hotel (61 rooms) under the name VFRD/TexasMac so just give them a call and mention that for room.

BR

• Member Contributer

Alternatively, there is the "double white" trailer park...

In 2012, I came over in advance and a few Canadians and deported Welshman were staying there in advance of TMAC and had given me the address. So I wanted to stop by.

When naming it, the lady at the Microtel looked at me in horror.. "you sure you want to go to that double white place???" and turning to her male colleague "isn't that such and such? Is it safe to go there??"

I was puzzled.... "double white"? Is that a whites only/redneck place?? I was not gonna step into a political minefield so just took directions. I've been a few dodgy places in my life (took a wrong turn in a few places on Puerto Rico, in India and in Cape Town, so I was prepared to get out of KKK Dodge real fast, should thing be really bad....

Upon entering the place, it looked well kept and it hit me....

double WIDE trailer park....................... aahhh.................

:beer:

• Member Contributer

Thanks for posting Switchblade. I had forgotten your profile name. I wish I had looked earlier. Hopefully will get a room somewhere in the vicinity.

There be plenty of rooms .

I am truly behind the curve. Just got to this news today. And great news it is. Graduations are over, Students are gone. Summer will be under way and I will be there this year. Missed you guys last year but Cali was wonderful.

:cheerleader::cheerleader::cheerleader:

Somebody better hijack a Snap On tool van this year and bring it to the hotel - as I don't think you'll hear me yelling "I got one of those, hang on - I'll be right back" as I'll be missing due to a work conflict. HOwever - I am planning to win the lottery tonight, so when that happens I'll be able to make changes to the plans......... argh................................. :mad:

• Member Contributer

Missed an entire riding season last year... Aside from a half day ride to a covered bridge with Timmy and Burns (that has since burned down, btw), nada... nothing... no riding due to shoulder surgery and an insane work schedule. I'm hoping this season is a better one. I require copious amounts of two-wheeled therapy to attend to life's many stresses and crappy realities.

IF I can get my shizz together, I would love to go back to TMAC.

Somebody better hijack a Snap On tool van this year and bring it to the hotel - as I don't think you'll hear me yelling "I got one of those, hang on - I'll be right back" as I'll be missing due to a work conflict. HOwever - I am planning to win the lottery tonight, so when that happens I'll be able to make changes to the plans......... argh................................. :mad:

Quit!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived