Vfr1200 2015

Guest JohnnyV4

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

Interesting. Looks more massive, longer, more like an older BMW or something. Not my cup of tea but I can appreciate offering new colors to the public. BTW, is there any other color or is this it?

Are there any other changes to the model? Bigger tank maybe? :laugh2:

Thanks for posting the pic.

C

• Member Contributer

The white wheels do a lot to set off the color scheme. What does the script below the Honda logo say?

The 1200 lives on . . . just not in the U.S. Too bad Honda won't produce a liter capacity VFR with chain drive that would like win over buyers of both.

• Member Contributer

Why only BNG? Honda needs to wake up and start building interest in VFRs again...

• Member Contributer

This will be it's 5th year, with very few changes, since its launch date, it does make you wonder if Honda even in Europe are going to axe the VFR1200, colour changes only, makes me wonder whether Honda are just getting rid of stock that just has not sold.

• Member Contributer

Looks just like the 09 Canadian colors..

64584342_d.jpg

I think if the 1200 had a bigger fuel tank, something that pushed it a little closer to the same range as the 800 or even a little more, they would sell a bunch of these. I think you would see a lot of the the on the fence type riders, who are not ready for an ST1500, but need something beyond the 800 and I4s looking at the 1200.

As the kids slowly exit the house (1 left) the wife and I would like to tour more on the bike. It can be done, but the 800 is overly 2 up long distance friendly. We have done 400-500km 2 and 3 day trips, but to load up for a week or 10 days for a several thousand mile trip, could lead me to a second divorce. I'm not ready for a ST1500, but a VFR1200 with a custom seat and maybe a set of riser bars I could do..

I don't care for the black/white. It looks like a police bike. I struggled with the blue for a long time, but after buying my '012 (see my avatar), I have grown to like it. I doubt if the B/W would ever win me over.

Too bad Honda won't produce a liter capacity VFR with chain drive that would like win over buyers of both.

I just don't get this. If you want a chain and less power, get the 800. It's quick enough. More capacity means higher fuel consumption. If you do want more performance, what's wrong with the 1200? It's a simply brilliant bike and no greasy mess all over the back wheel. If you want a pillion capable sport tourer what more do you need? And don't moan about tank range. Most riders, let alone pillions, don't want to go over 200 miles without getting off for a stretch. It seems to me that none of the common arguments against the 1200 have any real validity and in any case could be similarly applied to almost any bike. I just don't see why there's so much complaining about the VFR1200.

BiKenG, on 01 Oct 2014 - 1:44 PM, said:
don't moan about tank range. Most riders, let alone pillions, don't want to go over 200 miles without getting off for a stretch. It seems to me that none of the common arguments against the 1200 have any real validity and in any case could be similarly applied to almost any bike. I just don't see why there's so much complaining about the VFR1200.

Perhaps I am just too new to the 1200, but the fuel range is pretty bad. I am only getting about 32 mpg.

That being said, I do find the bike to be awesome so far.

Too bad Honda won't produce a liter capacity VFR with chain drive that would like win over buyers of both.

I just don't get this. If you want a chain and less power, get the 800. It's quick enough. More capacity means higher fuel consumption. If you do want more performance, what's wrong with the 1200? It's a simply brilliant bike and no greasy mess all over the back wheel. If you want a pillion capable sport tourer what more do you need? And don't moan about tank range. Most riders, let alone pillions, don't want to go over 200 miles without getting off for a stretch. It seems to me that none of the common arguments against the 1200 have any real validity and in any case could be similarly applied to almost any bike. I just don't see why there's so much complaining about the VFR1200.
Agreed. I would like to have the 1st and 2nd gear restrictions removed though. Maybe get some proper traction control with several power modes, like a lot of the competition have, instead of permanent restrictions. Other than that, the bike is perfect for me.

• Member Contributer

The 1200 lives on . . . just not in the U.S. Too bad Honda won't produce a liter capacity VFR with chain drive that would like win over buyers of both.

I'll explain this. Let's say they made a 1000cc VFR chain drive, and 475 lbs. For many of us that would be the perfect motorcycle. And that's also why they won't make it. For the Honda buyer, they'd go with one bike instead of two. Instead of that VFR AND that CBR600RR or CBR1000RR in their garage, they'd just have one bike, the liter sized VFR. The VFR1200 is in a completely different segment for a reason. They don't want a model cannibalizing sales.

I'll explain this. Let's say they made a 1000cc VFR chain drive, and 475 lbs. For many of us that would be the perfect motorcycle. And that's also why they won't make it. For the Honda buyer, they'd go with one bike instead of two. Instead of that VFR AND that CBR600RR or CBR1000RR in their garage, they'd just have one bike, the liter sized VFR. The VFR1200 is in a completely different segment for a reason. They don't want a model cannibalizing sales.

I don't see how chain drive has anything to do with one bike vs two or VFR vs CBR. I honestly don't see why chain drive 1k VFR would be perfect bike. Honda did make XX blackbird. It was one sweet bike but it never claimed to win over CBR owners though. Same thing with this VFR12. Different animal, like it or leave it. Do I have another bike? Sure I do. Can that other bike do everything for me? Absolutely not, that why I had third bike - supermoto :D (had to go to avoid marriage issues and retain driving/riding privileges )

Archived