What Did You Do To Your Vfr12 Today?

f3racer

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Had my DCT fitted with a pair Bridgestone T30GT's for £260 (inclusive of fitting to the bike) by a local bike shop. Have always run Dunlop Roadsmart 2's which lasted well but were terrible once squared off or always wheel spun at the rear in cold damp weather if too much throttle was applied before warming up.

Like any new tyre fitment the difference in handling was immediately apparent with the Bridgestone's. It seems to turn into corners a lot quicker now and the grip while leaning is way better than the Dunlops which had a tendency to understeer slightly. Time will tell if the T30GT rear will last anywhere near the 7,000 miles I got from the Dunlop Roadsmart 2.

Also stripped then cleaned both the front brake and rear brake callipers and fitted new front pads which lasted 8,000 miles. The OEM front brake pads have come down in price by 50% so I am a happy bunny.

The brakes no longer bind so I can get the bike off the centre stand easily and push it backwards whilst sitting on the bike effortlessly.

Finally rectified my only complaint with the bike.

8F5013B9-ACEF-4DD2-9661-36C6533449A0_zps

6E795C2D-6FB8-456A-9C93-44209BAC2D1C_zps

Where did you get those heel guards they look great...

Haven't bought one yet, but shopping with serious intentions :biggrin: I really like the blue, but locally only DCTs in blue, think I prefer a manual, though. Red and black are both nice looking, too, decisions, decisions.

My question is, what mod is on this clutch cover? Low miles and priced right.

rSYsaR.jpg

• Member Contributer

Haven't bought one yet, but shopping with serious intentions :biggrin: I really like the blue, but locally only DCTs in blue, think I prefer a manual, though. Red and black are both nice looking, too, decisions, decisions.

rSYsaR.jpg

Looks to be just a repainted DCT clutch cover. The stock cover is the goldfish color.

Don't discount the DCT as a choice, it's wonderful unless you need to do wheelies or drag race.

rSYsaR.jpg

Looks to be just a repainted DCT clutch cover. The stock cover is the goldfish color.

Don't discount the DCT as a choice, it's wonderful unless you need to do wheelies or drag race.

Of course thats it, I had only looked at pics of manual transmission bikes. Thanks for pointing it out. It would help old blind guys out if sellers advertised DCT in the header instead of burying the info in other text.

The mistress and wife would not allow me to get the Gilles rearsets so went a different way. They were for a CBR1000 08 on up, had to make my own mounting plates and make some mods to other parts of the controls. Have them now at 1.5" lower and 2.25" back may go a bit higher after riding awhile. The hips feel much better with this change, sorry bike is still dirty from the work on it.

post-32179-0-22117300-1430485458.jpg

post-32179-0-15867600-1430485505.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

Bought and installed the hugger from Skidmarx...

post-5871-0-26182100-1431296800.jpg

post-5871-0-89596900-1431296840.jpg

• Member Contributer

Gave her a good wash. A job made a lot easier by the electric dryer! Then gave her a well-earned polish with some Autoglym.

P1000839_zpsxqxhvd6r.jpg

P1000840_zpsox1shrqw.jpg

P1000841_zpsqzf6oxql.jpg

• Member Contributer

Just can't get over how good that matte black Dam exhaust looks on the gray color scheme. Perfect.

Just can't get over how good that matte black Dam exhaust looks on the gray color scheme. Perfect.

Yup. Now he just needs to ceramic coat the rest of his exhaust to match...

• Member Contributer

Yup. Now he just needs to ceramic coat the rest of his exhaust to match...

That's gonna happen.......NOT. :wacko:

I did however, receive these 2 beauties today. Not Pazzo but still they look great quality.

P1000843_zpsqwqi0rqb.jpg

Indeed, better than the bike :goofy:

Only teasing old fruit, but I do titter at the hairdryer :491:

• Member Contributer

Indeed, better than the bike :goofy:

Only teasing old fruit, but I do titter at the hairdryer :491:

As do I but it makes cleaning the bikes so much easier.

An absolutely recommended purchase.

• Member Contributer

You going to take it next week :happy:

Only if you're giving it!

Bought a Comp Werkes slip-on, still not thrilled with the sound, but I can tell when it's running now ;) PR4's are the next purchase once I pay off my Indy MotoGP tickets :)

DSC01098_800_wz_50px.jpg

DSC01105_800_wz_50px.jpg

I reupholstered my seat with a Saddlemen seat cover , cut down a Two Brothers exhaust , after playing around with various amounts of packing , wrapping it tight or loose till I got the sound I've been looking for . I'm finally loving the 1200 the way I've been wanting to since I got her .

post-25046-0-23024500-1432296010.jpg

post-25046-0-92835300-1432296021.jpg

post-25046-0-70580100-1432296043.jpg

• Member Contributer

I just rode it, but I'll be installing the wiring harness this weekend. TIme to tackle those fairings... I'll watch that video again like 5 times...

-Dan

Archived