What Did You Do To Your Vfr12 Today?

f3racer

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

70F today !!!! she's running like a champ...suspension feels right on...brand new tires...soft front brake is gone....life is good

• Member Contributer

What Did You Do To Your Vfr12 Today?.....after a week away from home with work, I walked into my garage and stood and looked at her, for a while.

• Member Contributer

I bought a Cycleguys saddlebag and put it on. My Skidmarx hugger and Honda heated grips are on their way and should arrive sometime next week. I went for a long ride today, the bike is working great, the hugger and the heated grips would've been very welcome though, it was a bit cold and wet...

post-5871-0-21984500-1428179700.jpg

post-5871-0-34901800-1428179806.jpg

Added two extra DRL's

P1060225.jpg

Should now be more visible to the blind fools.......

P1060226.jpg

Good morning Weven,

I really like the look of your DRL's.

Would it be possible to let us know the brand and how they are fixed, and if possible a picture of them on the bike close up but not switched on.

Chris..... :biggrin:

This is experimental keep in mind :mellow::mellow:

So far I have let them run for 2.5 hours in the shop, they are getting warmer (didn't blow) than on the 3.7 volt battery.

I am sure they should be ok when mobile with the air flow.

This the set up.. Two of these.

http://www.lezyne.com/product-led-sport-microfrnt.php#.VSJeXvmUeSo

Removed batteries and wired to the + & - drilled holes and sealed the wires now coming out the rear.

Then ebay supplied " Carsmate Waterproof DC-DC Converter 12V to 5V Car Power Supply Module 3A MAX " which is now running both lights.

Trust me these lights a bright bright........ They switch through different modes, so I turned too the brightest mode and have switched them so as to disable at night.

They are then double side taped to the base of the Head Light. I have ordered some 3M outdoor tape which is apparently the go. (Don't trust the cheap stuff)

Keep updating as to reliability.

• Member Contributer

How does your Cycleguys seat bag work in practice? Comfortable for your passanger when it's in the folded position?

I haven't tried it with a passenger. Cycleguys actually advise against using it with a passenger although it should be able to handle that duty. I just wanted a simple bag to keep my stuff and it seems to be working just fine...

• Member Contributer

I have finally received the heated grip kit but it seems that my buddy forgot to include the wiring kit for this (I sent him the link but I think he got confused):

I have received this kit:

http://www.bike-parts-honda.com/pieces-honda-detail-35901-13MGEA01-VFR1200FA-2010-08T5001-VFR+1200.html

I think I also need this one and I'll get my friend to order it for me:

http://www.bike-parts-honda.com/pieces-honda-detail-35901-13MGEA01-VFR1200FA-2010-08T4901-VFR+1200.html

Anything that I might be missing?

Sata I have just picked up my Heated Grips which the Dealer (do they ever get it right) had failed to fit as arranged when I took delivery of my 1200.

I have never used grip cement before, although I have changed many grips over the years, do you know an alternative to Honda stuff and is grip cement really necessary?

As a side note I am coming over to your country in August. Can’t wait.

Cheers

I paid like 15 euro for this cement - shame you need to pay for the whole tube while you need like a finger tip. You only need to glue the left side - right comes already glued to the throttle tube.

This is a very good quality cement - not stinky and very thick compound - I'm sure many other adhesives can be used but since its not expensive I'm not sure you should ever try to find something different.

As Honda advice's - use the isopropyl alcohol - works like a charm with removing and installing.

Where exactly are you heading to? I'm not native Swiss - I was assimilated LOL :laughing6-hehe:

Sat my wife has arranged a rail tour around the country I think Geneva is the first town we jump on a train, and then on and off trains for the next 10 days.

Means little too me, you will no doubt understand.

GENEVA LAUSANNE

LAUSANNE MONTREUX

MONTREUX ZWEISIMMEN

ZWEISIMMEN INTERLAKEN OST

INTERLAKEN OST GRINDELWALD

GRINDELWALD KLEINE SCHEIDEGG

KLEINE SCHEIDEGG JUNGFRAUJOCH

JUNGFRAUJOCH KLEINE SCHEIDEGG

KLEINE SCHEIDEGG LAUTERBRUNNEN

LAUTERBRUNNEN INTERLAKEN OST

INTERLAKEN OST SPIEZ

SPIEZ BRIG

BRIG CHUR

I live near Interlaken - ca. 70 km`s. Too bad you don't have any free day extra - you can always rent a bike!

Check:

-Grimselpass

-Furkapass

-Nufenenpass

-Sustenpass

Lot of places here to enjoy your ride.

Y pipe installed, also a lot of Ti. and Ergal. Forks and shock are next ordered Ohlins shock and springs along with a revalve kit.

post-32179-0-17134300-1429025440.jpg

• Member Contributer

Y pipe installed, also a lot of Ti. and Ergal. Forks and shock are next ordered Ohlins shock and springs along with a revalve kit.

Did you order the Ohlins revalve kit? I'd be interested in knowing how that works out and what sort of info they give you as far as set up goes.

Sata I have just picked up my Heated Grips which the Dealer (do they ever get it right) had failed to fit as arranged when I took delivery of my 1200.

I have never used grip cement before, although I have changed many grips over the years, do you know an alternative to Honda stuff and is grip cement really necessary?

As a side note I am coming over to your country in August. Can’t wait.

Cheers

I'm not sure if it makes a difference with heated grips, but whenever I've replaced the grips, I've just used hair spray. It goes on slick and dries sticky... uugh... anyways, the cheaper the hairspray the better.

Archived