What Did You Do To Your Vfr12 Today?

f3racer

Yes the Ohlins one, springs are back ordered so will be awhile. Will ride with just the springs and figure what I will do with the kit. Shock should be here this week and the Guhl reflash also, can't wait to get on it again.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Re plasti-dipped the bike... and added a stable mate: an '09 Aprilia Dorosduro 750... Going to eventually put some Scorpion Trails on the Dorsoduro and use it as my commuter. VFR will be my weapon on days I'm actually going out for a proper ride:

post-17230-0-17019400-1429128406.jpg

post-17230-0-56850200-1429128622.jpg

i like the silver accent pieces on the VFR ...sorry.....really don't like the way it looks blacked out...no offense, just my taste ...never liked black wheels on cars or trucks either...reminds me of the guy at the beach wearing black socks with sandals.....

• Member Contributer

Finished up fitting new steering head bearings, quick test ride, result! No slight clunk on hard braking. Finished in time to get off to our first bike night of the year - http://www.bikersnite.com/.By7oclock there was at least 500 bikes there, later on 700+? Walked round - only saw a new 800 and a 97 5th Gen with 58800 on the clock, immaculate, better condition than mine with 26500 on her. Loads of Harleys :beatdeadhorse::beatdeadhorse::beatdeadhorse::schla15::schla15::schla15: including one with a front tyre as big as the Tumbler in the Batman films! Why no more VFRs, are we an endangered species. Feel kinda of lonely round here. VFRs are like rocking horse shite.

post-30687-0-03125400-1429135012.jpg

post-30687-0-56112900-1429135018.jpg

post-30687-0-85754800-1429135030.jpg

Are you able to "touch up" the plastic-dip? I did mine about a year ago and have scrapes where I've brushed mounted/dismounting the bike.

Yup you can touch it up pretty easy. IF it is a small scuff you can just spray overtop. For larger cuts or tears just smooth it out wearing a rubber nitrile glove and rubbing a small amount of xylene to re melt the dip. Then spray over top.

You should also be applying spray wax like Meguiars to protect the dip from getting the scuffs you mentioned.

Just rode mine with the Y pipe and Two Brothers exhaust louder than just Two Brothers exhaust also adds a little rumble to it.

• Member Contributer

What Did You Do To Your Vfr12 Today?

Collected her following 600-mile service.

• Forum CEO

I use a lezyne headlamp for my cannondale roadbike bicycle for commuting to work! did you hardwire a couple of those?

I have mine all tore apart

Total maintenance, new spark plugs, new brake pads all around, new fork oil, valve adjustment, needed new shims up front, new tires, new final drive oil, and cleaned my k&n airfilter it was filthy.

• Member Contributer

Looks like I'm building another bracket to go on the other side of the ignition - 1st bracket is for the dual USB outlet...

second will be for the battery voltage meter:
61XEnzcvXmL._SL1331_.jpg

This is experimental keep in mind :mellow::mellow:

So far I have let them run for 2.5 hours in the shop, they are getting warmer (didn't blow) than on the 3.7 volt battery.

I am sure they should be ok when mobile with the air flow.

This the set up.. Two of these.

http://www.lezyne.com/product-led-sport-microfrnt.php#.VSJeXvmUeSo

Removed batteries and wired to the + & - drilled holes and sealed the wires now coming out the rear.

Then ebay supplied " Carsmate Waterproof DC-DC Converter 12V to 5V Car Power Supply Module 3A MAX " which is now running both lights.

Trust me these lights a bright bright........ They switch through different modes, so I turned too the brightest mode and have switched them so as to disable at night.

They are then double side taped to the base of the Head Light. I have ordered some 3M outdoor tape which is apparently the go. (Don't trust the cheap stuff)

Keep updating as to reliability.

Just an update on my DRL's.

Working well thus far, and have noticed I have not had cars pull out in front of me as often.

Definitely much more visible, people now seem to move over on the Freeway.

Trust me that does not happen here often with the appalling driver behaviour in this area.

P1060241.jpg

P1060240.jpg

Looks like I'm building another bracket to go on the other side of the ignition - 1st bracket is for the dual USB outlet...

second will be for the battery voltage meter:61XEnzcvXmL._SL1331_.jpg

Where did you get that volt meter? Cost? Picture of it installed please.

• Member Contributer

Finally rectified my only complaint with the bike.

8F5013B9-ACEF-4DD2-9661-36C6533449A0_zps

6E795C2D-6FB8-456A-9C93-44209BAC2D1C_zps

84A1E476-5F8F-40A1-B98C-3E70963FD94D_zps

Moved them up and back and need to do a couple of rides to figure out the best position for the pegs. The gear changes are already heaps better. No more mis-shifts.

Archived