• Member Contributer

Yeah it's a bout 5 pounds lighter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And should bolt to the 6th gen frame

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's a bunch !!!!

• Member Contributer

060614-2014-honda-interceptor-vfr800r-ri

These accessory risers move the grips 0.53 in. higher and 0.26 in. rearward for a slightly more relaxed upper-body position.

8th gen risers extensions ..

Hey Seb looks like a opportunity for a well qualified machinist .

• Member Contributer

The 7th gen is completely assembled except for the battery. I have pictures of mine when it was taken out of the crate. Service department hooks up the battery, checks the fluids, and starts it up. Nothing else. Not sure if the new 800 is the same, but it sounds like it.

Sent from my crazy hand held thingy using Tapatalk 2

Well, okay then. Must have been too many dealership prep errors... :wacko:

Ciao,

I'm sure it's a great bike and will do ok for Honda, but it still misses the mark for me. IMO, it's a sightly restyled Gen5...without the secret ingredient every VFR fan has asked for since, well, the Gen4...a big motor.

How'd you get the dealer to let you put 50 miles on a new bike? Around here they barely let you sit on them, much less ride 'em.

Team ECC allows test rides, but they didn't even order one. Thought there would be no interest. (I'm in San Marcos.)

• Member Contributer

I'm sure it's a great bike and will do ok for Honda, but it still misses the mark for me. IMO, it's a sightly restyled Gen5...without the secret ingredient every VFR fan has asked for since, well, the Gen4...a big motor.

How'd you get the dealer to let you put 50 miles on a new bike? Around here they barely let you sit on them, much less ride 'em.

Team ECC allows test rides, but they didn't even order one. Thought there would be no interest. (I'm in San Marcos.)

Hey ridered, we're a few miles apart...I'm in Escondido. Yeah, ECC got burned on the Gen7. Bought one and it sat for years. Must have made 'em shy about taking on the next version. I'll have to ask Brian about test rides.

• Member Contributer

If the bike is assembled in Japan I would be very surprised it left with a misaligned panel . Shipping mite have caused the panel to be off.

Uhmmmm..... Japanese are people just like us and can goof up on little things like these once in a while.....

Heck!, Two misaligned tabs does not make a fatal bike, especially as its one of the first batches to come out of the factory.

They should be getting it right by this time.

the new bikes are on the floor today at my local dealer. They wont have a demo available until Saturday, so a fellow OzVifferian and I are going along to kick the tyes...

• Member Contributer

Uhmmmm..... Japanese are people just like us and can goof up on little things like these once in a while.....

Heck!, Two misaligned tabs does not make a fatal bike, especially as its one of the first batches to come out of the factory.

They should be getting it right by this time.

Might have been rush to ship ..

Accessories are familiar ($MSRP)...

Hugger Kit $90

Trunk Pad $100

Trunk Liner $95

Liner Set, Saddlebag $130

Pannier $950-975

Top Box $375-400

Carrier, RR Kit $370

Rear Trunk Base $400

Cylinder Inner Set $20

Main Stand $200

Other interesting and pricier bits (vs. 6th gen)...

Headlight Unit $1320

R/R $178

Tank, Fuel $858

Mirror + Cover $116 + $17

Cowl (Upper) $402

Stator $277

Front Wheel $649

Rear Wheel $595

Rotor, Front (each) $452 (!!!!)

Rotor, Rear $255

Right Crankcase Cover $305

That's $452 for each of the two front rotors. Not regularly checking front pad wear could potentially be a $900 mistake.

The LED unit is some sort of control module, not the actual bulb. I don't see a separate part number for the LED bulbs. Unless I'm missing something, this suggests if an LED bulb fails, it will require replacement of the entire headlight unit at $1320.

• Member Contributer

That's $452 for each of the two front rotors. Not regularly checking front pad wear could potentially be a $900 mistake.

The LED unit is some sort of control module, not the actual bulb. I don't see a separate part number for the LED bulbs. Unless I'm missing something, this suggests if an LED bulb fails, it will require replacement of the entire headlight unit at $1320.

WOW !!!

• Member Contributer

I did finally was able to lay eyes on the 8th at a local dealer. I must say, it is quite an attractive bike. And compared to my 5th gen it is noticably narrower. The tail is very nicely done. I did sit on it. Ergos do come out as the VFR template. --- As a design, I like it. Now I gotta get a ride.

-- I spent some time looking at various bits just to see what would go well on my 5th. The owner came over was curious what was going on, and the inevitable BS session ensued.....

• 1 month later...
  • Member Contributer

WOW !!!

LED unit looks like one only, $148. http://www.partsfish.com/oemparts/a/hon/53a85950f870020ba8ccf6aa/headlight

I seriously doubt Honda would make you replace the whole painted headlight assembly for $925 due to a burnt bulb. Can anyone check their bike for the LED bulb assembly? Just wondering if this can be adapted to a 5G? Depending on the bulbs it may be comparable to aftermarket prices with some DIY installation.

That $148 part is the control box that operates the LEDs, the LED headlight assembly would be the $925.64 item. Thats minus alot of fasteners, a mounting bracket, control unit, etc. Nothing on that assembly is painted, its the fairing around the assembly thats painted.

I saw a similar question on another forum once about someone wanting the Ducati panigale S LED light assembly for their much cheaper standard panigale (which has light bulbs), they couldnt believe the LED assembly alone would cost $1100 plus.

LEDs typically last 50,000 plus hours of use or more, I doubt one would go bad any time soon. Either way warranties are a good thing, my last bike and this one each got a total of 5 years, the last bike it saved me some money unexpectedly, also Hondas good customer service helps.

• Member Contributer

Accessories are familiar ($MSRP)...

Trunk Pad $100

Trunk Liner $95

Liner Set, Saddlebag $130

Pannier $950-975

Top Box $375-400

Carrier, RR Kit $370

Rear Trunk Base $400

Cylinder Inner Set $20

Some of these prices make me ill. First, consider if you buy panniers it's $950 and you're done.

If you want a top case you're in for $375+$370+$400 = $1145. For one friggin' case. Not including the cylinder set if you want the key to match up.

The good news is that base can be had for around $125 plus the cost of off-shore shipping if you look around the web for that Honda P/N. But that's still a big chunk o' change.

And $100 for a liner or a pad? Really?

Archived