Another Pole Position For Mm

Duc2V4

• Member Contributer

Looks like MM got pole position for Jerez. Man this kid seems to be on a roll, all he needs to do now is perfect the whole shot.

Yep another pole for MM. As an Aussie it's great to see jack miller get another pole in moto 3 and hopefully his 3rd win. What do people think about the dominance of Marquez and the apparent lack of competition. I know it's not his fault he is a great talent on the best bike but from a viewing perspective it's already getting boring to watch unfortunately. Does anyone think he has any real competition unless he crashes and that stuffs him up.

• Member Contributer

I enjoy watching him stalk the leader and then make an effortless pass to take the lead where no one else would. I especially like watching him beat Lorenzo. He does need some practice with his starts. That was supposed to be his focus this winter. Watching him come back from seventh last week was pretty fun. I like this kid.

Guest Recalcitrance

Watching the interviews, I've noticed that Lorenzo has learned a touch of humility starting around the final two races of last season. Nice to see.

He's still a sore loser but at least he's not as pompous as before. The only thing worse than a bad loser is a bad winner.

MM is good but was far more entertaining to watch in Moto2. But the machines account for some of that.

• Member Contributer

Wow! Cool race. A nice little surprise on very cooked tires and some suspense this time. Very fun! :1:

Time for a fast ride... :tour:

• Member Contributer

Thanks for posting a result in the title :pissed: . I consider a pole position a result but usually record the races and watch later. Enter a result in the thread if you want to ruin it for others. At least there is the option to not open it.

• Member Contributer

Thanks for posting a result in the title :pissed: . I consider a pole position a result but usually record the races and watch later. Enter a result in the thread if you want to ruin it for others. At least there is the option to not open it.

Sorry but you're making assumptions. A LOT can happen in a race, ask the riders that crashed out and the few riders that had to drop out (Did I give too much away here too?) The starting line results are on the web, so I didn't think it was a big deal. The last time I put spoiler alert on a pre race post people were saying it didn't need it as it wasn't a race result.

• Member Contributer

Some do like to watch the qualifying as a competition and enjoy the suspense, but have to record, so it might be better to not put the result in the thread title so they have the option. IMO :computer-noworky:

• Member Contributer

Exciting first 2 laps....then MM gives the class a lesson.

I think he actually enjoys mixing it up for position and wishes that someone (anyone) could match his pace for a while.

Four races in and he has a full race lead in points over the second place rider who has finished on the podium each race.

BTW, spoiler alert.

• Member Contributer

Please edit the title--pole is a result! (And even if it wasn't, we're now discussing the race...)

Well, well, well... Anyone want to bet against MM in Le Mans? :unsure:

Ciao,

Best quip of the post race interview,

MM93 expressing the use of the curbs seeking traction. The Reporter follows up with, "Can you explain why there's more grip on the curbs because it's illogical to us humans".

DP26 chimes in, "Yeah, for us Also" (laughter and applause ensues)

post-13109-0-00200500-1399218626.jpg

• Member Contributer

I am with vfraustin on this one. I like to watch qualifying without knowing the results for the suspense -- did anyone crash out? Blow an engine? Get taken out by "The Wrecking Bau" Bautista?

not wanting to start a fight but if people don't want to know any results what so ever wouldn't you just stay off the internet all together until you have watched whatever you have recorded. makes sense to me

• Member Contributer

not wanting to start a fight but if people don't want to know any results what so ever wouldn't you just stay off the internet all together until you have watched whatever you have recorded. makes sense to me

Yes, because not using the internet at all is completey reasonable these days. :comp13:

• Member Contributer

Watching the interviews, I've noticed that Lorenzo has learned a touch of humility starting around the final two races of last season. Nice to see.

He's still a sore loser but at least he's not as pompous as before. The only thing worse than a bad loser is a bad winner.

MM is good but was far more entertaining to watch in Moto2. But the machines account for some of that.

Not because he wanted too he had too !!

Happy birthday Lorenzo! Enjoyed the race.

:goofy:

• Member Contributer

Sorry if I ruffled any feathers but I really didn't think it was a big deal. Personally I really don't care if I know the outcome of a race before hand as I am more interested in watching the racing action. Who's in pole position, and where everyone else lines up is really irrelevant to me, as there are no guarantees. Just because you're on the front row does not mean you're going to finish on the podium, highly likely yes, but no guarantee. Just ask Jorge!

Being on the West coast of the US means most of the races, at least the ones in Europe, start at 5 AM PST so I can either get up at 5, watch the race and have the rest of the day to do whatever. Or I can record or stream it later if/when I make the time to do so and watch it later. I typically choose the former as what is the harm of getting up early an be done with most of my day before most people even wake up! Many times I've watched the race, went on a ride and later in the day at noon I would go to the D-Store or the Ducati dealer in OC and watch it again with fellow riders. At least the East coast people can sleep in a little and still catch it in real time!

With that, I will be happy to comply with the consensus of not posting ANY race or pre-race result in the title of the post and I swear on the souls of my grandchildren, that I will not be the one to break the peace we've made here today.

I know this is immature of me, but, I am kinda' enjoying watching George get knocked down a notch or two. He seemed to get really full of himself. He is now getting his clock cleaned by a young upstart, an old team mate, and himself. I never cared for the guy much......always whining when it didn't go his way or when someone rubbed his bike or was as aggressive as him. This whoopin' is kinda like when Ben Spies started taking it to Mladin on a regular basis. Anyone else?

Ride safe

• Member Contributer

I know this is immature of me, but, I am kinda' enjoying watching George get knocked down a notch or two. He seemed to get really full of himself. He is now getting his clock cleaned by a young upstart, an old team mate, and himself. I never cared for the guy much......always whining when it didn't go his way or when someone rubbed his bike or was as aggressive as him. This whoopin' is kinda like when Ben Spies started taking it to Mladin on a regular basis. Anyone else?

Ride safe

Same. I lost all respect for him several years ago. He'd complain in the press conferences about hard passes, calling it dangerous and one weekend, a day after whining and talking about the danger, he did the same thing to another rider. He's a prick!

Love seeing Rossi best him.

Never been a fan of the Spanish riders, none of them. I like the US (of course) guys, the Italians, and the Aussies for the most part (definitely not crybaby Stoner).

Me Im freekin stoked about MM ability to ride , entering turns with his rear wheel in the air... this is a new era ..theres no one that can catch him... yet that is. I'm fer sure bummed out that Nicky Hayden is doing so badly and the Ducs are always in the top 5....Devo is riding the wheels off that beast. Im glad that JL is getting his ass handed to him... especially yesterday by Rossi.. he's an arrogant ****.....JMO

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

Marquez seems to have found something nobody else has.

Taking the first 4 in a row? Not just luck. :beer:

Spoiler alert, watch the race as soon as you can,

and don't read about it online before then, if that bothers you.

I watch it on DVR, so I can skip those ultimate beating hell out of some other guy ads. :rolleyes:

Archived