Coming Soon... Thurn Motorsport Clear Clutch Cover Vtec

Dutchy

I would definitely buy Sebs... wouldn't even consider another brand. I still would like to know though... Are "windowed" clutch covers ok for track use or does tech inspection frown on them?

I just bought a 5th gen spare engine and it has a rashed clutch cover and I'm looking to make a track bike.

I don't know the answer to your question. However, I can make you a cover plate with an integrated slider that you can swap out for track use. I'd have to sit down and figure out the cost. I'm thinking it should be straightforward to make and therefore reasonable in price. Flat circle with bolt pattern and a delrin slider?

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

Can't say where Thurn got the idea cause the idea's been out there. Seb does nice work but we can't cry fowl since there aren't too many ways to skin this cat.

The idea is definitely not new, and I would never stop anyone from doing their own thing. I'm just saying that when I did mine, I had my own take on the design, and if someone wants to do their own thing, then make it your own!

Couldn't agree more. My thought was merely, if you want a clear window on your clutch cover, it will need a ring fastened down with a series of bolts, not too many different ways to do that. Different number of holes perhaps or larger fasteners but sometimes, good design just gets replicated when like minds attempt something.

What's nice in this situation is, you have a great following here so it's doubtful you'll lose out to any competition. :beer:

• Member Contributer

Indeed, I am proud to be the owner of a "Seb Original"

I really should get 2 small Stars&Stripes decals to put on my redslut; should keep CC happy too!! :goofy:

• Member Contributer

I really should get 2 small Stars&Stripes decals to put on my redslut; should keep CC happy too!! :goofy:

As a veteran of the US armed forces I could send you one that would be properly sanctioned Dutchy...

• Member Contributer

Maybe branch out to Christian Motorcyclists??? :unsure:

Stained glass anyone? :goofy:

post-8974-0-46821900-1384249536.jpg

• Member Contributer

Seb,

here your next product to develop in V4 format for our VFR's...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8j1nccbs9U#t=84

Very cool, if I had that experience during my formative years instead of my uncles teaching me how build a still I could have been the next Erv Kanemoto...

Very cool, if I had that experience during my formative years instead of my uncles teaching me how build a still I could have been the next Erv Kanemoto...

You would have turned Japanese???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEmJ-VWPDM4

• Member Contributer

You would have turned Japanese???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEmJ-VWPDM4

I really think so.....

• Member Contributer

Sorry, first thing that popped into my head...had to resist the temptation to close the statement with "bah-ba-bah-bah-bah-bah"

• Member Contributer

Wow.

It is completely different, they used 18 bolts and Seb used 16. Night and day...

:unsure:

The chemical bonding thing does sound different. Still, I prefer the look of a good tig weld, that's art right there imho.

Yes, a good TIG weld is beauty for sure!

• Member Contributer

I definitely prefer Seb's exposed welds. That is why I like the wide Aluminum frames of the VFR and the YZF750 I use to have. You can see the build process in the welds. Beauty!

• Member Contributer

Forgive me if I break any rules on politics but I do find it a little humorous that a former Stasi informant is whining about her phone calls being tapped.

Them Germans are just getting back at us for spying on their leader's phone calls! That's it!, That's the ticket! :rolleyes:

• Member Contributer

Forgive me if I break any rules on politics but I do find it a little humorous that a former Stasi informant is whining about her phone calls being tapped.

Them Germans are just getting back at us for spying on their leader's phone calls! That's it!, That's the ticket! :rolleyes:

That's a zinger !!!!!!!

• 1 month later...
  • Member Contributer

Gerhard made some change to his design this to give a bit more clearance with fairing panel (pic to come)

So is this "different" enough to appease? :goofy:

Expected launch in March, same for final price.

post-8974-0-47822200-1389605485.jpg

post-8974-0-66987400-1389605486.jpg

Just to be clear: I have NO interests/shares in Thurn.

• Member Contributer

As a veteran of the US armed forces I could send you one that would be properly sanctioned Dutchy...

I have some WW2 style war plane decals on their way to cover a few scratches,

I trust that will be "Support America" enough :goofy:

Archived