Dutchy

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

No Seb royalties ??

Or commissions for Leon?

:goofy:

Just so we have this straight, I didnot alert/show Gerhard the clear clutch cover Seb made (for me).

Nor do I get anything in return. Oh sorry yes I do.

Making you aware of what is out there for our beloved VFRs (ok 6th gen for now).

And the satisfaction of helping a real person that has sold me quality products since 1997.

Just as I showed/promoted Seb's cover to Dutch VFR owners. Which I did FOC since I like Seb/the work he does.

:cool:

• Member Contributer

I am sure that with Thurn's history of making quality VFR/RC30/45 kit that they stumbled across the clear clutch covers on the interweb and saw an opportunity...I just wish they would turn their abilities toward an item not being supplied currently by one of our own, such as rear sets in a VFR space pattern.

• Member Contributer

I am sure that with Thurn's history of making quality VFR/RC30/45 kit that they stumbled across the clear clutch covers on the interweb and saw an opportunity...I just wish they would turn their abilities toward an item not being supplied currently by one of our own, such as rear sets in a VFR space pattern.

Not sure what a space pattern is, but they do sell this for the 6th gen

99-ASV246_gesamt.jpg

http://thurn-motorsport.de/html/fussrasten-rc46-2.html

http://thurn-motorsport.de/html/fussrasten-rc46-1.html

post-8974-0-72982900-1391517692.jpg

• Member Contributer

And the VFR1200F riders will have to wait till April/May for this to come to market.....

This is a prototype.....

post-8974-0-58113400-1391519280.jpg

• Member Contributer

When are they releasing a set of 5th gen rearsets?

Take a good look at the 5th gen rearsets. They're nowhere near as straightforward as most of the other bikes. I think Harris made a set long ago, and there was a bunch of talk about custom making a set. Then there's a topic or two about switching out to the 6th gen cushions.

• Member Contributer

When are they releasing a set of 5th gen rearsets?

post-8974-0-29520800-1391764656.jpg

your prayers will be -partly- answered...

Coming soon.............. bring back the 90's!

not adjustable like the ones for the Vtecs/Xtourer

post-8974-0-31654600-1391764818.jpg

Pic of these on a VFR800i will follow!

99-ASV246_gesamt.jpg

Space pattern... for intergalactic travel through space... :goofy:

The spacing between the holes Dutchy... you do DO the right hole, right? :goofy:

Or any hole will do? :unsure:

I actually have those rearsets mounted on my 6th gen and at 6'4" (195cm) they are bee's knees and they save mine from a lot of grief on long outings.

I thought they had discontinued making them. They provide a hydraulic brake light switch if you need the extra length to get to the lowest position, which is a real nice idea... but it's redundant because the rear MC brake line isn't long enough to allow you to get to the lowest position anyway... unfortunately.

Still, on the second lowest and most rearward position I do get relief... must be the right hole!! :goofy:

I found this Word on their website rather amusing... no idea what it means but it reminds me of...

Radabdeckung

755q.jpg

• Member Contributer

Not lower for me but I need higher ...

pics show they have then for both ways. Or maybe it's countersunk on both sides so you just flip them..

• Member Contributer

Right, both the VFR750 (1990-1997) and VFR800i (1998-2001) then!

post-8974-0-95805000-1391776881.jpg

post-8974-0-51000200-1391776873.jpg

They are not on Thurn's website (yet), but you can of course email him ( info@thurn-motorsport.de )

They will be produced to order.

Price for a set is Eur 399

• Member Contributer

99-ASV246_gesamt.jpg

99-TKD046_T.Kuppl.Deckel_an_V-Tec_Bild1.JPG

Works both ways. How much Seb?

• Member Contributer

99-ASV246_gesamt.jpg

99-TKD046_T.Kuppl.Deckel_an_V-Tec_Bild1.JPG

Works both ways. How much Seb?

+1 Get'em Seb . I'll take a set

1. Switchblade

Archived