Anyone Want To Adopt A 24 Year Old Male Child?

CornerCarver

• Member Contributer

Squeeze more out of him before the adjuster gets there?? :laughing6-hehe: Let me know when he's available, I'm on parental leave and I'm looking for someone to get up at night, change all the poopy diapers for me, give bottles and prepare dinner everyday so I can resume work. :blink::blink::blink: Would that be good enough payback for wrecking that beautiful bike??

Again, sorry about the bike. This really sucks.

But think about how you would feel if had been the other way around -- son all bent up and scrapped up and bike ok but feeling shameful... Just saying.

Seriously, good luck with the repairs.

C

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

yeah, Will seemed to think the repair would be pretty easy. Not sure on whether I will get them powder coated before TxMac or not.

and really glad he is ok. I would feel terrible about choking him if he had been injured. A crash report should be forthcoming on hsi gear. I am really excited about the Held gloves with stingray palms, they almost look new where they slid.

The crappy Vemar helmet, not so much.

"Now as soon as I can track down Ken or Kevin, I will get them to change SkebCarvers name to Careless Chucker (Carlos Checa) or CrashCarver or Careless carver or CarlosCarver."

DONE..............CarelessChucker it is............

• Member Contributer

Oh man, I hated to start reading this thread. As others have said, glad your son is OK so you won't feel guilty during the choking thing punishment...

Would the claim benefit be enough to start over with an un-wrecked specimen?

• Member Contributer

I will be in Elgin tomorrow conducting training for a couple of new accounts...then back wednesday night. I will let you know the next time I am heading that way with more time to kill.

I really loved this bike from the first time I saw it at teh Franklin Inn. I am going back with this one unless the adjuster is intransigent on the subject....

The Dianese leather pants worked as designed. a small wear mark where the leather meets the puck velcro but no other problems.

More pics of that stuff soon.

Glad no one was hurt. You didn't hurt him did you?

I say don't powder coat or paint anything before TMac then you all three will look the part. :491:

Just enjoy the rebuild.

Glad your son is ok! The bike is replaceable. By the looks of it, there's probably more damage than the value of the bike. My accident last year had less dammage and was totalled. $3400 for my 98 bike $2000 in accessories and $1000 for my gear. $6400 was a lot more than I had invested in everything, but it still sucked to see it go!

• Member Contributer

Sorry about the bike, but I'm very happy to hear he is fine. The "learning opportunities" for sons in their teens and early

20's is endless......don'T ask me how I know. Maybe a straight up trade.....no adoption.....your 24 for my 26?

• Member Contributer

Wow Keith, I'm glad that Stephen is ok. Sorry to hear about the bike. Apparentally Christian didn't learn anything from his experience of following me down sketchy roads. LOL

Well Bill, now you know what that slight wince of pain was the other night....LOL

• Member Contributer

Sorry to hear Keith but glad everyone is ok.

Now its time to come to the V4 darkside and get an Aprilia RSV4!! (which of course you would never let CarelessCarver ever touch let alone ride :laugh: )

• Member Contributer

Sheesh! Give the "kid" a break! I hate to think if I was judged by a bunch of folks for all my mistakes at his age...

EDIT: I see that perhaps you are a family friend and the ribbing is with love...carry on!

• Member Contributer

I am glad everyone is alright.

It might be just as well to start over with a “new” 98 VFR and go from there. Think of all the spare parts you’ll have!

I don’t know how insurance works in GA, but in MA every claim raises your rates. A $2000 dollar claim on my VFR would cost me $2000 in rate increases over the
next 4 years. It was less expensive to buy the parts on-line and put it back together myself than go through the insurance company.

A couple of VFRs

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/nat/mcy/3617698991.html

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/nat/mcy/3570993087.html

http://chattanooga.craigslist.org/mcy/3578227755.html

http://chattanooga.craigslist.org/mcy/3548962119.html

• Member Contributer

Just saw a thread about a 5th gen hugger....

I wish I had given mine more hugs. :huh:

Thanks for the links to the local 5th gens...I don't even want to talk about not bringing this one back yet.

The adjuster better be 6'5" and 240 or they will have a for real resslin' match on their hands Thursday if they want to total it.

David, it was actually the other son who was on my bike.

The one you were following at TxMac was leading him astray this time, as Matt had pointed out pretty similar situation.

Regardless, I m really thankful that I can still give both of them a hug after the requisite foaming at the mouth and request for them to pull their collective heads out.

Great pic Bill. And I was worried you may not like the paint scheme I had cooked up for TxMac. I guess that would be the least of our concerns now.

Kev, I tried the recruiter but due to looming sequestration they wanted a throrough accounting of the dollar value of weekly grocery intake before the agree to pay him anything in exchange for lodging, food and

NAVY TRAINING SIR!

Archived