POSSIBLY THE UGLIEST VFR EVER

gpd211

Funny what you find on google,the green vfr is mine it was a sublime pear duplicolor paint job,since then it has been a few different colors and is currently deep metallic blue,i would have never painted it if it wasnt rattle caned gold befor i purchased it.as for the straight pipe exhaust the bike is built out to and dyno tested at 180hp and requires very little back pressure

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would be interested in the type of engine mods it takes to get a 3rd gen up to 180 HP. That's GSXR1000 territory.

Our own VFRoem has been tirelessly working on his 3rd gen for many years now, employing one of the best tuners in Germany (Thorsten Durbahn) for some extensive work, including RC30 engine internals, an 837cc big bore kit, larger valves, RC30 carbs, custom cams, ported cylinder heads, etc etc etc and has managed about 137 HP thus far, compared to about 94 HP for the stock machine.

OEy5cqe.jpg

• Member Contributer

Welcome to vfrd from across the pond!

Kudos for owning up and not starting calling names....... ;-)

180 ponies does sound a little optimistic dyno run, maybe the dyno operator likes a good prank?

• Member Contributer

I searched for Stoshmonster+vfr

F M G..............

I am NOT posting that picture here.................... tongue.png

I'll be that guy. Only because there's precedent on VFRD already: :goofy:

partspics009tk5.jpg

I guess that's Cycle-delic :)

one or two folks have called this "ugly"

027.jpg

...or "deathtrap"

The mirror extensions or the paint job ???? :)

• Member Contributer

Funny what you find on google,the green vfr is mine it was a sublime pear duplicolor paint job,since then it has been a few different colors and is currently deep metallic blue,i would have never painted it if it wasnt rattle caned gold befor i purchased it.as for the straight pipe exhaust the bike is built out to and dyno tested at 180hp and requires very little back pressure

Why the color change? I thought it wasn't half bad, just needed some more parts painted to go along with it.

180 HP is a big number to believe without knowing what you did to it. If you have the torocharger kit then it would make sense, as I think people were getting close to 170 without much work, but more around 150-160.

• Member Contributer

I searched for Stoshmonster+vfr

F M G..............

I am NOT posting that picture here.................... tongue.png

I'll be that guy. Only because there's precedent on VFRD already: :goofy:

partspics009tk5.jpg

I guess that's Cycle-delic :)

one or two folks have called this "ugly"

027.jpg

...or "deathtrap"

The mirror extensions or the paint job ???? :)

"Paint"? :wheel:

Ill post thw full build specs when i get home but basicly the engine mods and aftermarket rc injectors only brought the bike up to 136hp however 3,000 dollars later and a few weeks of waiting and my supercharger arrived in the mail bumping me up to 180 with a tune

Rotrex C15-60 Centrifugal Supercharger 9psi boost running on 93 octane pump gas Strong & lightweight anodized aluminum componentry Billet airbox with carbon fiber inlet hat Hard-coat anodized pulleys with outboard bearing support Gates PowerGrip GT2 synchronous belt Walbro high-flow fuel pump A&A Performance Laminova oil cooler High-strength crankshaft interconnect High-speed sealed bearings K&N filters NGK Iridium Spark Plugs Bosch bypass valve Silicone hose with stainless clamps High pressure oil lines with AN fittings Heavy-duty clutch springs OEM Honda gaskets,125 hp stage 2 nitrous,havnt dynoed it with nitrous yet,as for the engine its a 870cc bore kit,which made 117bhp by itself,rc injectors,sent the heads off and had them port polished and used slightly larger valves,currently its tuned for 110 octane,and the tech at the shop that dynoed it seems to think i can get more hp and run up to 16psi with the internals that i have

OH, yours is the green 5th gen, I didn't see that, only a green 3rd gen, which is why I mentioned VFRoem's bike.

Sounds amazing. Hope you can keep clutches in it and rear tires on it.

I would love to supercharge mine, but $$$$$$$

Of course the kit is worth more than the bike, so it's hard to justify.

Dan does excellent work and what you get is worth what you paid, just that I personally have a hard time shelling out 5k for one modification on a 4k bike.

Pics would be great, or start a new thread so we can see it in its new paint scheme.

Your internals may well handle more boost, but intake temp is going to be an issue without an intercooler.

I started on the bike as a drag project and after dumping money into it i found that no1 makes a stretch of any kind for it so the original drag racing plan kinda failed and yes clutches are an issue so far ive burnt up 2 and the rear tire is getting replaced alot,im running this site on my phone and cant seem to figure out how to upload pictures from my gallery,can anyone help me out with thig

Im about to repaint the bike but im goin to use the same color,filling the factory blinker holes snd using aftermarket ones is an idea also just havent decided wat all i want to do

First sprocket and chain flew apart when i snatched second gear

All new bearings and seals in the rear finally and then another clutch set cooked

post-27340-0-74064000-1367714652.jpg

post-27340-0-13670900-1367714705.jpg

post-27340-0-40998200-1367714859.jpg

post-27340-0-57963200-1367714888.jpg

post-27340-0-64566100-1367715014.jpg

post-27340-0-54403100-1367715044.jpg

• Member Contributer

Hi Jacob,

your pictures are showing ok.

That is one nasty sprocket failure you got there......... :unsure:

On the white bike in the background: which clan's tartan is that??? Or is that Burberry? :goofy:

• Member Contributer

honda_vfr_swamp_rat_2.jpg

Here is another contender fo the title of ugliest VFR ever.

This one gets my vote. Easily the ugliest VFR ever. That person has no shame.

• Member Contributer

honda_vfr_swamp_rat_2.jpg

Here is another contender fo the title of ugliest VFR ever.

This one gets my vote. Easily the ugliest VFR ever. That person has no shame.
I know, really? and what a waste of an 8 spoke wheel!

I started on the bike as a drag project and after dumping money into it i found that no1 makes a stretch of any kind for it so the original drag racing plan kinda failed and yes clutches are an issue so far ive burnt up 2 and the rear tire is getting replaced alot,im running this site on my phone and cant seem to figure out how to upload pictures from my gallery,can anyone help me out with thig

Im about to repaint the bike but im goin to use the same color,filling the factory blinker holes snd using aftermarket ones is an idea also just havent decided wat all i want to do

First sprocket and chain flew apart when i snatched second gear

All new bearings and seals in the rear finally and then another clutch set cooked

Soooo, not even in the running for ugly. Pretty good lookin I'd say. Don't think I could rock the pink/black wheel combo, but it kinda looks sharp against a primer grey bike!

8 spoke cheap, HA, good luck. Allmost everyone that has one knows the draw for it and what all it will fit it seems, haven't seen one start out bidding/for sale under 200, and that's not nearly what they seem to sell for. Best bet is to scour your local salvage yards and camp out on some on ebay hoping the seller dosen't know what they have and nobody else sees it.

Well that sucks i just let a bike go last week that had the 8 spoke on it,wrecked in the front they wanted 800 for the whole bike

• Member Contributer

Metalican and Veefer said it best, but you can sometimes get lucky and find one in the classified section, that's where I found mine. Sometimes there are the occasional "barn finds"!

Archived