001-14.jpg

so I think I was noticeable.

at least we dont have this:

TimmayinVirginia.jpg

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

I get picked on by some of my buddies for the "Princess Leah Hair Doo Effect" the bike has with the Givis on... I need to show them this post... I've been telling them all along they double as bumpers.

DAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGG TTIIIIIIIIIIIIIMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love the frog in the jacket....hate that you got punched in the sack by a maxi pad driving a minicar.

Really glad the rain allowed him to plow you like the back 40 without the aid of traction to toss you and Yellow Peril azz over tea cup.

I could not resist rollin up at his home or place of work and asking him a few questions about the proper response to a hit and run, for example should the driver slow down or stop?

If he says slow you can start thumping him like this :beatdeadhorse: with mag light or night stick and ask him if he would like you to slow down or actually stop.....then suggest the next time he hits someone that he should probably stop as well.

Then crack his headlight and tell he needs to get that fixed and give him a ticket for it.

+1.gif any follow up?

Here is the real skinny:

I could make a police report and try to exact vengeance that way, but I have nothing to gain and some stuff to loose. The exact definition of an accident is as follows : "A harmful event with one or more motor vehicles involving personal injury or property damage" Now of course it is against the law to not stop after a collision and I DO have this ball-bag's plate number, but even if the PG County cops take a report, a conviction is not likely. Also, insurance companies have a way of finding out about this stuff and my rates may well go up even though it was not my fault. I cannot find any definative damage on my bike, but I could claim some, or say I am hurt, but lying rubs me the wrong way. I could find out where this guy lives and take care of it that way, but that is illegal and I am not throwing away 20 years and a retirement for some get-back.

I have learned in my years to temper the impulse to react, because I have seen the results of loss of self control over and over again.

To re-cap....I should just do nothing but learn a lesson. And to tell you the truth, I dont know if it is the cop or christian in me, but I'm just not that mad about it.

But the guy still sucks monkey nutz.

going back out on the highway in the driving rain in about 10 mins on my way to work. Lets hope the donkeys are home watching Grey's Anatomy and leave me alone.

Does your bike have 4 way flashers, they work great in that kind of rain pour.

Thruth is the vfr does not have that great of brake light significance , really pays to know whats behind you and give them notice, before hand. You basically had someone on your butt and didnt know it.

I wear all dark clothes too

How long will it take to find him and place some charges?

• Member Contributer

I understand Timmy's perpsective on this.

Although it WOULD have been nice to rock up at the guy's house in a police cruiser, question the guy about his contact with another vehicle, and then when he was quakin' in his boots - tell him that it was YOU.

Heh heh heh.

• Member Contributer

Although it WOULD have been nice to rock up at the guy's house in a police cruiser, question the guy about his contact with another vehicle, and then when he was quakin' in his boots - tell him that it was YOU.

Heh heh heh.

I like where you're going with this... :laughing6-hehe:

• Member Contributer

Just heard about this on the car ride home today... Jeebus man, can I convince you to paint your bike bright yellow??? :goofy:

My Givi 360's will remain on the bike until the end of riding season. Glad you and the peril made it through unscathed.

Okay, I get your reasoning for not taking legal action but you have a great opportunity to at least let the guy know the right thing to do after a hit n run. It would have sucked bad if you and peril had gone sliding down the wet asphalt only to see his fading tail lights. Right now, he thinks he got away with something and that you couldn't ID him.

• Member Contributer

Heh heh heh.

I like where you're going with this... :laughing6-hehe:

+1.gif

would at least be worth the effort to explain to the guy, what kind and how large of a douche-bag he really is.

• Member Contributer

Here is the real skinny:

I could make a police report and try to exact vengeance that way, but I have nothing to gain and some stuff to loose. The exact definition of an accident is as follows : "A harmful event with one or more motor vehicles involving personal injury or property damage" Now of course it is against the law to not stop after a collision and I DO have this ball-bag's plate number, but even if the PG County cops take a report, a conviction is not likely. Also, insurance companies have a way of finding out about this stuff and my rates may well go up even though it was not my fault. I cannot find any definative damage on my bike, but I could claim some, or say I am hurt, but lying rubs me the wrong way. I could find out where this guy lives and take care of it that way, but that is illegal and I am not throwing away 20 years and a retirement for some get-back.

I have learned in my years to temper the impulse to react, because I have seen the results of loss of self control over and over again.

To re-cap....I should just do nothing but learn a lesson. And to tell you the truth, I don't know if it is the cop or christian in me, but I'm just not that mad about it.

But the guy still sucks monkey nutz.

going back out on the highway in the driving rain in about 10 mins on my way to work. Lets hope the donkeys are home watching Grey's Anatomy and leave me alone.

Contrast the reaction of Timmy with the officer in question here,

http://www.vfrdiscus...case-dismissed/

I think you did good on both counts Timmy - Keeping it upright (Givi or not) AND deciding to let this one go.

I can personally attest to the protection of hardbags. I was hit from behind while stationary when I was stopped at a STOP sign held by a construction worker less than half a mile from home. They were re-surfacing one side of the road.

Fell on a saddlebag that was already cracked from a driveway tip-over. It was a clear day with excellent visibility and

I was wearing this,

2009-Scorpion-EXO-900-Transformer-Helmet-Neon_detail.jpg?1265829253

AND

this

img_360218.jpg

Not to mention the guy holding the STOP sign was wearing something like this

41CAT%2BFdAzL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I did not press charges as the person offered to replace the damaged bag and also is the parent of a child in my son's class.

My insurance agent later told me, off the record that it was best I settled it this way to avoid a possible premium increase even though I was not at fault.

Pat yourself on the back Timmy and stay safe everyone !

Yes, yes I agree, BUT, there is what we know, and what we THINK we know. I checked the code book and the other driver was under no legal onus to stop. No injury or property damage equals no accident and that equals no "Leaving After colliding".

This is why I have to be so careful. If any action would have been taken, a regular Joe gets a "leave that guy alone and settle down". I get a police misconduct investigation with other legal ramifications. sometimes it really sucks being a lawman.

Its just one of those things and not worth the risk.

the real lesson is to double extra secret probation never trust anything on the road (even though I thought I was well in front of this turd), and to stay loose and go with it when you get shoved sideways across a wet highway. Also that Givi bags rock. I think I will drop Mr. Givi a note..........................

• Member Contributer

Yes, yes I agree, BUT, there is what we know, and what we THINK we know. I checked the code book and the other driver was under no legal onus to stop. No injury or property damage equals no accident and that equals no "Leaving After colliding".

This is why I have to be so careful. If any action would have been taken, a regular Joe gets a "leave that guy alone and settle down". I get a police misconduct investigation with other legal ramifications. sometimes it really sucks being a lawman.

the real lesson is to double extra secret probation never trust anything on the road (even though I thought I was well in front of this turd), and to stay loose and go with it when you get shoved sideways across a wet highway. Also that Givi bags rock. I think I will drop Mr. Givi a note..........................

Yes but, he hit you and acknowledged as much, how could he know there was no damage? Obviously a dirt bag but we can understand your hesitation in pursuing it. I just hope he doesn't decide all bikers are just speed bumps on the road.

And btw, glad you pulled it out and are ok. Ever consider painting that thing bright yellow? :biggrin:

And btw, glad you pulled it out and are ok. Ever consider painting that thing bright yellow? :biggrin:

you know, this is kinda strange. i commute on my flat black bike, and my shift ensures that it is dark when I go to work, and it is dark when I go home. :blink:

Glad to hear u kept it upright. And i can def understand the dousche canoes that r on the roads at night. I work 6 p.m. to 2 a.m. And have over an hour commute one way. And every night its somethin new. Worst part is its pitch black so any light should b noticable but that doesnt seem to b the case. So i just dont trust any cage and make sure if they make me nervous to pull over and let them hit someone else.

• Member Contributer

Timmy, I know you hate writing tickets but if you let this one go I will be disappointed.

True-dat!!! Is that how you say it? (Spell it?)

B.S. aside, HOLY CRAP! Damn glad to still have you with us, sir!

Hell, any chance the Dpt., could hook your bike up, as a unit? (Tax breaks, and such). And , let you ride, lit-up, - sirens, all the time?

Bright-assed red, still doesn't help clowns to see me, but florescent orange,........you may want to consider,.....

Besides, you can't leave us. (We wouldn't give you permission). You are our flat black staple!!!!!

• Member Contributer

so give ME the guys address.. there nothing in the law that says I cant yell at him for being a moron that nearly kills a vfrd member!!

• Member Contributer

" .... what a f'ing jerk-off! This proves there're is a time and a place for a rocket launcher. ...

Yep ... but i never seem to have a bazooka handy when I need one!

Like this afternoon on the way home from work ... I had actually just been thinking about Timmy's near miss in the wet (because it was just starting sprinkling with rain) and as i was approaching a roundabout near my house some random c0ckhead in his ute had to max brake not to go through the roundabout and clean me up. I had seen him coming, moved over and slowed to a stand still (nearly toppled over because of the uneven ground in the middle of the roundabout).

The sad irony is that this bloke in the ute was clearly a motorcyclist -> he had a great big "ALPINESTAR" sticker across the front of his wind-screen. I got no nod of acknowledgement, no mouthed 'sorry', not even a shrug of the shoulders, he just waited until I cleared the roundabout and then pissed-off - probably back to the pub :dry:

Archived