Arkansas In April

dutchinterceptor

• Member Contributer

CTApril09-18.jpg

Let's try this again since our other thread got vaporized. Several have asked for a ride in the Ozarks so here we go.

DATE: April 22nd - 25th

WHERE: Days Inn (870) 391-3297

1425 Hwy 62-65 North Hwy 62-65 North Harrison, AR 72601 US

I've blocked 8 Non-Smoking Queen Doubles @ $55.00 per night

(When you call tell them you want one of the rooms under the name Dutch Schroeder and they'll switch it into your name.)

WHO: VFRD Members + Friends

I think Harrison would make a good central location for a variety of folks along with being a good jumping off point for riding the best Arkansas has to offer. It's also close proximity to the roller-coaster roads of Missouri.

I'm Definitely Going List

Dutchinterceptor

Luvmyvfr + Several

Lee2002

gswanson

Hondalover

Adam79 +1

Shade

I Want To Go But Too Soon To Commit List

Ryanme17

00Yeller

chris2992

vfrurknee(One Day Only)

fastbroshi

Hispanic Slammer

Friday's Slow Ride Led By Dutch:

No guarantees but there is supposed to be some sort of drainage ditch waterfall near Ben Hur. I've included stops at the Grand Canyon, Mt Judea General Store(For Mini Dragon T-Shirt Souvenir), Ozark Cafe for lunch, Elk viewing area, Cotter Overlook, and the Peel Ferry at Bull Shoals Lake. I suspect we may run out of time for the Ferry but we'll just have to see how it goes. It will be an easy pace but will still be a long day in the saddle. I prefer to have no more than 5-6 in a group so breaking up into groups may be necessary. I'll try to print some extra maps in case one of you winds up leading a group.

Full Size

Saturday's Speedier Ride Led By Dutch:

This ride will be as consistent a pace as I can keep meaning some areas might be faster than others but it certainly won't be track speeds. We'll run Push Mountain(341) and there may be a photographer there so you'll want to make sure your bike is clean. I'll stop for rest/pee breaks and lunch will be at the famous Soutpark Cafe/Truckstop. They give a whole new meaning to "meat & 3 veg"....don't eat a big breakfast. I prefer to have no more than 5-6 in a group so breaking up into groups may be necessary. I'll try to print some extra maps in case one of you winds up leading a group.

Full Size

Alcohol:

With the exception of one restaurant Harrison is a dry town so if you want booze you'll have to bring it with ya or make a run to the next county.

Gas:

I have planned to stop at the bigger stations that take credit cards but there may be a possibility where we'll need to stop at one of the smaller stores. Some will only take cash so be prepared.

Typical rules apply:

No passing on the right.

Pull over and wait if you lose sight of the rider behind you.

Lead rider will wait at next turn for everyone to catch up.

Pass only when safe.

Deer and dogs are a concern.

Locals will certainly cut the corners so expect a car/truck/bus in your lane.

Etc., Etc.

ArkieShots-107.jpg

CTApril09-68.jpg

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

GREAT!!! Can't wait....I'm in for sure and I have 4 riding buddies that are coming with... Maybe a couple more...two came to Arkansas with me last september... They couldn't believe how great the roads are down there! :fing02:

• Member Contributer

Add me to the "I want to, but too soon to commit list" please...

Well you have a half way stopping point/free lodging at my place... :fing02:

I wish I could go, as Arkansas is a favorite of mine, but I have other time I am already taking off....plus the bike doesn't run just yet.

Have a good time for me!

I won't be there, but I highly recommend it to anyone sitting on the fence.

I stayed just over the road, in Eureka Springs, when I was last in Arkansas for the STN National a couple years ago. :fing02:

I plan on coming, already have the time off approved at work.If anyone from middle tn wants to come I've got

room in the trailer for another bike. I'll likely drive over wed nite so should have 3 good days of riding

before coming back Sunday. Pm me if your interested

• Member Contributer

I wish I could go, as Arkansas is a favorite of mine, but I have other time I am already taking off....plus the bike doesn't run just yet.

Have a good time for me!

You're welcome to my other bike if you can get free.

• Member Contributer

I know I won't be able to overnight as my wife is having knee replacement surgery on the 20th, but I should be able to hook up with you guys for a day ride or meet you enroute somewhere.

Tightwad, if you can only get loose for a day you would be welcome to ride one from my stable, but you gotta come up with the PBJ!

Ernie

Put me on the "I plan to attend list". I put in vacation 10 minutes ago. We will see if it gets approved. I may ride over each day, or come and stay in a motel as well. Not sure what I will do with it being a 2 hour ride from my house to Harrison. Looking forward to it! :fing02:

If it wasn't twice as far as the TN/GA/NC mtns I'd be there! :goofy:

I'd never venture far from home either if I lived where you do!:fing02:

Put me down as a strong maybe, I'd already planned to go about that time to just about the same area but now people are changing the month they wanna go...just need to get my beak wet with this new job.

• Forum CEO

I asked for the time off - the bike though might not be back together by then though! Put me in the second list. It will take me at least a day 1/2 to get there though so - ride out Thursday get there mid Friday

• Member Contributer

I asked for the time off - the bike though might not be back together by then though! Put me in the second list. It will take me at least a day 1/2 to get there though so - ride out Thursday get there mid Friday

Okie Dokie. :rolleyes:

• Member Contributer

Add Sis and me to the maybe list. I just checked the calendar and my days off around that weekend are Thursday and Monday. I'll check if I've got enough time off saved to do this and confirm my flex/off days. Then it still depends on whether anyone else has already requested that time off. Oy! How did getting a day off ever get so complicated?!?! :fing02:

• Member Contributer

Add Sis and me to the maybe list. I just checked the calendar and my days off around that weekend are Thursday and Monday. I'll check if I've got enough time off saved to do this and confirm my flex/off days. Then it still depends on whether anyone else has already requested that time off. Oy! How did getting a day off ever get so complicated?!?! blink.gif

You and Sis are on the list. Hope to see you there!

I'm Definitely Going List

Luvmyvfr + Several

u20overboy

Lee 2002

I Want To Go But Too Soon To Commit List

Ryanme17

Adam79

gswanson

00Yeller

chris2992

vfrurknee(One Day Only)

fastbroshi

Hispanic Slammer

Blesk and Sis

I'll probably arrive Thursday night or Friday Morning.... will work that part out. I have a potential calendar shot location I want to hit on my way down. Will leave Sunday in time to sleep in my own bed.

My wife is on serious drugs right now and is agreeing to all kinds of stuff that she doesn't even comprehend. Life is pretty good right now!

• Member Contributer

I am at the Days Inn, Harrison, AR. Thursday, Friday, Saturday night.

See you all in Hillbilly Kansas.

Awesome! :mellow:

I'm gonna call them in the morning to see if they'll give us a better rate.

• Member Contributer

Dutch,

Sounds like a great ride / time but I'm already committed to a Big Bend ride leaving on April 26th. You guys have a safe / fun ride.

Mark

Archived