Arkansas In April

dutchinterceptor

• Forum CEO

Should be good times!:biggrin:

Damn I really wanted to go but my bike does not want to I see. She would not start, I found it was getting gas, fuel pump works, took the fuel return hose off and NO return fuel comming out of the hose, then I see a balloon in the main fuel hose when I start up the pump and well its ruined. I ordered a new one but it wont be here in time. Cant go sorry and I probably need a new fuel pressure regulator too, since it wont start but there is fuel going in? Well since I have to take the fuel rail apart I might as well get in there and clean the fuel injectors too.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

HS, hate that you're still fighting that but keep tinkering and you'll have the ol' girl purring in no time. Maybe I'll see ya in Franklin! :biggrin:

FYI: I'm gonna release any remaining rooms at the Days Inn tomorrow afternoon. My buddy Jay can't make it so if anybody would like to split a room let me know.

• Member Contributer

So it's looking like there will be a dozen of us?? :warranty:

Dutch, do you know if the days inn has a grill for using? We all would like to cookout at least once, if not no biggie!

• Member Contributer

Dutch, do you know if the days inn has a grill for using? We all would like to cookout at least once, if not no biggie!

Somehow I doubt it. The only thing listed on their amenities list is a hair dryer. I can ask when I call this afternoon.

• Member Contributer

If they don't have a grill, there is a wally world next door where suitable supplies could be had. Hope the weather is good. Looking forward to the ride. The OKC crew should arrive Thursday afternoon.

• Member Contributer

So what happens if it rains over the weekend? Looking at weather.com and it looks like a good chance for rain.

• Member Contributer

So what happens if it rains over the weekend? Looking at weather.com and it looks like a good chance for rain.

My favorite internet weather service, Weather Underground, shows 40% on Friday, 50% on Saturday and 20% Sunday morning. Not bad odds. We have ridden wet roads in Arkansas before, right Dutch?

• Member Contributer

Got any rain gear? There's always a chance of showers in the Ozarks this time of year. If it's pouring Friday or Saturday then we might wait for it to clear before we head out.

Rain or shine I'll be there.

• Member Contributer

My favorite internet weather service, Weather Underground, shows 40% on Friday, 50% on Saturday and 20% Sunday morning. Not bad odds. We have ridden wet roads in Arkansas before, right Dutch?

Yep, we certainly have! laugh.gif

• Member Contributer

.......We have ridden wet roads in Arkansas before, right Dutch?

Come to think of it. The roads dried up after Gary and Chase headed back west. Maybe Gary is the common denominator here. :laughing6-hehe:

• Member Contributer

Come to think of it. The roads dried up after Gary and Chase headed back west. Maybe Gary is the common denominator here. :pissed:

Uhh....Gary, leave the rain in Oklahoma please!:laughing6-hehe:

• Member Contributer

Oh man, I've come half way around the world, and here I am just a couple of hours south of here (if that) and I can't even drive up and meet you all!! Unfortunately I am working all those days. Have a great ride all.

• Member Contributer

Oh man, I've come half way around the world, and here I am just a couple of hours south of here (if that) and I can't even drive up and meet you all!! Unfortunately I am working all those days. Have a great ride all.

Oh man that bites! Where will you be working?

• Member Contributer

Oh man that bites! Where will you be working?

I'm in Little Rock for a couple of weeks.

• Member Contributer

Surely you aren't working 24/7. Are you?

Pretty much, yeah, I am. Except the bits where I'm asleep sad.gif

• Member Contributer

I'd hope you get paid by-the-hour, but not likely with those requirements.

If you can squeeze away for a bit one evening, I'm sure you'd be welcome to come hang out.

• Member Contributer

Come to think of it. The roads dried up after Gary and Chase headed back west. Maybe Gary is the common denominator here. :beatdeadhorse:

Uhh....Gary, leave the rain in Oklahoma please!:warranty:

Let's blame it on Chase, he won't be there. I don't intend to bring any rain with me, not much extra storage room in my bags. Even if it does rain, it couldn't be any worse than the thunderstorms I rode in on the way to the Summit. There will be enough cheery, sun shiney faces there to make the rain go away. I'm ready to roll. See you Thursday.

• Member Contributer

I'd hope you get paid by-the-hour, but not likely with those requirements.

If you can squeeze away for a bit one evening, I'm sure you'd be welcome to come hang out.

Yeah for sure if you can get away for any length of time, come hang out with us....even if it's just a couple hours!

• Member Contributer

I'd say the weather report looks pretty good...scattered T' storms never bother me much, might me riding through a downpour for 5 minutes, then back to being sunny and drying up...just enough to get the bike dirty. I can bring a hose for bikewashes if anyone wants?? :warranty:

• Member Contributer

I got to thinking I might have been a bit overzealous on the routes so I cut them back some. Friday's route will be around 275 miles with several stops and Saturdays route will be around 325 miles with a few stops. I changed the links above.

Tomorrow I do an oil change, clean my bike, waterproof my stich', and try to recall where I put my tail pack. I'm jones'n for some curves! :cheerleader:

• Member Contributer

Got any rain gear? There's always a chance of showers in the Ozarks this time of year. If it's pouring Friday or Saturday then we might wait for it to clear before we head out.

Not really...just my jacket. Please please don't rain.

• Member Contributer

Not really...just my jacket. Please please don't rain.

You'd do good to at least pick up a cheap vinyl suit or even frogg toggs. Riding these roads while cold, wet, and uncomfortable is not a good mix and potentially a recipe for disaster. I can loan you some glove covers if your gloves aren't waterproof.

Archived