Arkansas In April

dutchinterceptor

• Member Contributer

Our Plan A is the six of us in a RV with a 19' trailer....I'm going to call the Harrison RV park tomorrow to check on rates and availability.

Is anyone else planning on motorhoming or camping?

Our back up plan B is 5 of us coming down with 2 trucks, two small trailers, and well be at the Days inn with yall.

Ryan, I hope you can go, you'll give me an excuse to ride while all our other bike are on the trailer :rolleyes: :comp13:

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

WHERE: Days Inn (870) 391-3297

1425 Hwy 62-65 North

Hwy 62-65 North Harrison, AR 72601

I've blocked 8 Non-Smoking Queen Doubles @ $55.00 per night for April 22, 23, 24.

(When you call tell them you want one of the rooms under the name Dutch Schroeder and they'll switch it into your name.)

Full Size

• Member Contributer

I won't be able to make this planned ride, but if anyone is interested the Twisty Butt Association is having a ride April 3rd out of Clinton Arkansas. I will be there. 500miles of the best Arkansas Twisty roads in 12 hours. Awesome.

http://forums.twistybutt.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=9

• Member Contributer

I won't be able to make this planned ride, but if anyone is interested the Twisty Butt Association is having a ride April 3rd out of Clinton Arkansas. I will be there. 500miles of the best Arkansas Twisty roads in 12 hours. Awesome.

http://forums.twisty...pic.php?f=5&t=9

If I can come up with enough money for tires I hope to do that ride also. Should make for a nice 1500 mile weekend!!

• Member Contributer

Still working on getting an answer whether or not I can go. Right now it looks to be about 50/50...

When should the deadline to commit or not be?

• Member Contributer

Still working on getting an answer whether or not I can go. Right now it looks to be about 50/50...

The hotel needs a few days notice if I have to cancel some of the rooms. Hope it works out!:unsure:

• Member Contributer

Well if your going to make a pitstop here at my place and ride down with us, I'll need to know your coming at least 12 hours before we leave early friday morning :fing02: LOL were pretty flexible!!

Not sure about the motel res goes, but if they are sold out, bring a tent and you can camp with us... :unsure:

• Member Contributer

Well if your going to make a pitstop here at my place and ride down with us, I'll need to know your coming at least 12 hours before we leave early friday morning :fing02: LOL were pretty flexible!!

Not sure about the motel res goes, but if they are sold out, bring a tent and you can camp with us... :unsure:

There will be more than 12 hours notice. I probably shouldn't push it, but I'm getting so excited I may soon start bugging the powers that be until I get a definite answer.

And camping actually sounds pretty fun. Count me as out for a hotel, and a strong maybe for the event.

• Forum CEO

My bike is in several pieces right now, and its looking dim right now when I will get it all back together - what with the paint and all! rebuilding the brakes right now, removed the headers to clean them up and replace a broken exaust stud. drilling it out is not fun, its like drilling a diamond! I think just let it rust out faster!

I hope to be there!

• Member Contributer

Dang. I would love to join y'all but its one weekend too early for me. My daughter's birthday is the 24th and I've got a trip planned to arkansas for the weekend of April 30th-May 3.

• Member Contributer

My bike is in several pieces right now, and its looking dim right now when I will get it all back together - what with the paint and all! rebuilding the brakes right now, removed the headers to clean them up and replace a broken exaust stud. drilling it out is not fun, its like drilling a diamond! I think just let it rust out faster!

I hope to be there!

Well, quit goofing off here on the forum and get busy painting!! :fing02:

Dang. I would love to join y'all but its one weekend too early for me. My daughter's birthday is the 24th and I've got a trip planned to arkansas for the weekend of April 30th-May 3.

Bummer.

Well, quit goofing off here on the forum and get busy !

Yeah, quit goofing off with this ride thing and get busy on those Tmac Tee's! :fing02:

Actually didn't we have a leftover design we could use this year, runner up tee? :fing02:

BR

• Member Contributer

Well, quit goofing off here on the forum and get busy !

Yeah, quit goofing off with this ride thing and get busy on those Tmac Tee's! :fing02:

Actually didn't we have a leftover design we could use this year, runner up tee? :fing02:

BR

D'oh!!:fing02:

• Member Contributer

One guy is already on vacation that week, but the boss is trying to find someone to cover my shifts. Since I work with plenty of overtime-sluts, I pretty sure I'm good to go. :beer: I might even have the wifey talked in to going as well. I'll hold off on reservations until I know what her plans are. And thanks for the PM Dutch! :lurk:

• Member Contributer

One guy is already on vacation that week, but the boss is trying to find someone to cover my shifts. Since I work with plenty of overtime-sluts, I pretty sure I'm good to go. :beer: I might even have the wifey talked in to going as well. I'll hold off on reservations until I know what her plans are. And thanks for the PM Dutch! :lurk:

Wow, that was quick! Just got my email saying my vacation was approved. See ya'll next month.

• Member Contributer

One guy is already on vacation that week, but the boss is trying to find someone to cover my shifts. Since I work with plenty of overtime-sluts, I pretty sure I'm good to go. :lurk: I might even have the wifey talked in to going as well. I'll hold off on reservations until I know what her plans are. And thanks for the PM Dutch! :fing02:

Wow, that was quick! Just got my email saying my vacation was approved. See ya'll next month.

Alrighty Then!! :tour::beer::bliss:

Not sure about all of these smiley options, HS. You getting soft?:goofy:

• Member Contributer

I was so looking forward to making it to the ozarks for this ride but as you'll read in my other post I'm out.

I hope you'll have a good time and are safe maybe next time.

I understand. We'll see you next trip! fing02.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

I plan to lead a pokey, slow and scenic picture taking ride either Friday or Saturday for those that are interested. Should wind up being about 275-300 miles and will include some scenic overlooks along with several curvy roads. Some options are Magazine mountain, the ferry at Bull Shoal's, the Grand Canyon, Elk viewing

area and I'd like to find some of the many waterfalls if it doesn't involve hiking.

The other day I'll lead a "spirited" pace with only a few scenic stops. Those of you that want to blast the roads "BR style" you are welcome to form your own group. I'll be glad to put together a good route for you.

Suggestions are welcome!fing02.gif

• Member Contributer

I'm up to about 90% and would love to go on the slow ride for pictures and such, but would only be able to do it on Friday, as I'm expecting to make the ride down on thursday afternoon/evening.

• Member Contributer

I plan to lead a pokey, slow and scenic picture taking ride either Thursday or Friday for those that are interested. Should wind up being about 275-300 miles and will include some scenic overlooks along with several curvy roads. Some options are Magazine mountain, the ferry at Bull Shoal's, the Grand Canyon, Elk viewing

area and I'd like to find some of the many waterfalls if it doesn't involve hiking.

The other day I'll lead a "spirited" pace with only a few scenic stops. Those of you that want to blast the roads "BR style" you are welcome to form your own group. I'll be glad to put together a good route for you.

Suggestions are welcome!fing02.gif

"spirited" meaning faster than scenic, but still for riders from lands where the roads are straight?

That is, still fun, but not so fast I'm going to be left way behind?

If so, that's the one I'm in!

• Member Contributer

I'm all for a photo ride, also. Seems like every trip I take I come home with just a couple of photos, knowing I passed up some good opportunities in the quest for "spirit". I am planning on a Thursday afternoon arrival, so Friday works for me for the photo ride.

Archived