Arkansas In April

dutchinterceptor

• Member Contributer

Oops, got my days mixed up. Meant to say Friday and Saturday since I'll be riding up on Thursday too. Friday works for the scenic day.

And yes, Ryan we'll keep you in tow....don't want anybody left behind. If I'm leading I'll usually slow down a bit if a tricky section is coming up or give notice before hand.

As always, YOU(meaning anyone that shows up) are in control of YOUR throttle so if YOU aren't comfortable with the pace then YOU need to slow down or pass if it's too slow. :unsure:

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If I'm leading I'll usually slow down a bit if a tricky section is coming up or give notice before hand.

That's usually when I nail it to see if everyone can Man-Up at the next turn! Usually eliminates the punks right off the bat! :goofy:

Everyone should know I am completely kidding and what I said above should Never be applied to a group ride ever! :biggrin:

BR

HS gave me that Tag the year before we had the Allriiighty Then Ride you attended. :goofy:

Just let me know if you need anything, but I'm busy right now! :laughing6-hehe:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

Im kicking around the idea of attending this meet and Im leaning more on the going side of things right now. If I do go it will be really short notice.

• Member Contributer

Dutch, can you put me on the list as going + 1

Alrighty then!! Bringing Dad with ya?

If it is not full yet, I'd like to attend Dutch.

Give the hotel in my first post a call to reserve your room. Looking forward to it!

• Member Contributer

DAMN! Sis can't get the time off and I've got kids that weekend now. Maybe next time. Just poor timing this go'round. :angry:

• Member Contributer

DAMN! Sis can't get the time off and I've got kids that weekend now. Maybe next time. Just poor timing this go'round. :goofy:

Bummer! Perhaps y'all can make it to Texasmac.

• Member Contributer

Friday's Slow Ride Led By Dutch:

No guarantees but there is supposed to be some sort of drainage ditch waterfall near Ben Hur. I've included stops at the Grand Canyon, Mt Judea General Store(For Mini Dragon T-Shirt Souvenir), Ozark Cafe for lunch, Elk viewing area, Cotter Overlook, and the Peel Ferry at Bull Shoals Lake. I suspect we may run out of time for the Ferry but we'll just have to see how it goes. It will be an easy pace but will still be a long day in the saddle. I prefer to have no more than 5-6 in a group so breaking up into groups may be necessary. I'll try to print some extra maps in case one of you winds up leading a group.

Full Size

Saturday's Speedier Ride Led By Dutch:

This ride will be as consistent a pace as I can keep meaning some areas might be faster than others but it certainly won't be track speeds. We'll run Push Mountain(341) and there may be a photographer there so you'll want to make sure your bike is clean. I'll stop for rest/pee breaks and lunch will be at the famous Soutpark Cafe/Truckstop. They give a whole new meaning to "meat & 3 veg"....don't eat a big breakfast. I prefer to have no more than 5-6 in a group so breaking up into groups may be necessary. I'll try to print some extra maps in case one of you winds up leading a group.

Full Size

Alcohol:

With the exception of one restaurant Harrison is a dry town so if you want booze you'll have to bring it with ya or make a run to the next county.

Gas:

I have planned to stop at the bigger stations that take credit cards but there may be a possibility where we'll need to stop at one of the smaller stores. Some will only take cash so be prepared.

Typical rules apply:

No passing on the right.

Pull over and wait if you lose sight of the rider behind you.

Lead rider will wait at next turn for everyone to catch up.

Pass only when safe.

Deer and dogs are a concern.

Locals will certainly cut the corners so expect a car/truck/bus in your lane.

Etc., Etc.

great roads on the routes! those that have never been are in for a treat....of course those that HAVE been are in for a treat, just not a surprise :biggrin:

wish i could be there, but daughter's birthday trumps ride :unsure:

enjoy and be safe! :fing02:

• Member Contributer

Well, as much as I want to be there, I was given a potential opportunity for some future work--if I start on that weekend. Work has been pretty scarce around here, so I have to take it and won't be able to attend this ride. I was really, really looking forward to going. I had my tent already packed, the route planned, everything. I am incredibly sad that I won't be able to go, but you guys have some (safe) fun for me!

• Member Contributer

"Harrison is a dry town"........you got to be kiding me. I bet the locals are really fun....... :goofy:

Hey Dutch,

Just looking at your route makes me tired. I'll be sleeping well Friday night for sure.

"Harrison is a dry town"........you got to be kiding me. I bet the locals are really fun....... dry.gif

There is a lot of that going on down there. I remember driving 20+ miles for a case of beer once while canoeing the Buffalo National River.

• Member Contributer

"Harrison is a dry town"........you got to be kiding me. I bet the locals are really fun....... dry.gif

There is a lot of that going on down there. I remember driving 20+ miles for a case of beer once while canoeing the Buffalo National River.

Sound like you needed your fix pretty bad :goofy: It's not much better here. Liquor stores close at 9pm and you can't buy beer anywhere after 2am. Some places won't sell Liquor on Sundays. :fing02:

• Member Contributer

great roads on the routes! those that have never been are in for a treat....of course those that HAVE been are in for a treat, just not a surprise biggrin.gif

wish i could be there, but daughter's birthday trumps ride unsure.gif

enjoy and be safe! fing02.gif

Also celebrating my daughters birthday that weekend. Although I won't be able to make this ride, I plan on visiting some of the same roads Sunday May 16 on my way to texasmac!

Have a great ride!

• Member Contributer

That's why I always remember to pack my flask! warranty.gif

Well folks, its been a while since I have been on here. Last month my daughter came home complaining about her right leg bothering her. We found out that she had a bone cyst which turned out to be benign. So we have made 4 trips to Little Rock in the last month to take care of this issue. She had surgery yesterday in which they took out the cyst and added doner bone in its place. Now the healing begins. I have been looking forward to riding with everyone, but this issue has set me back some with vacation and finances, so I will miss the event next week. I truely hope everyone has fun and enjoy the ride.

• Member Contributer

Ok, well were not camping, today I booked two rooms for the five of us coming down at the days inn with ya'll. I will bring plenty of booze and cigars! Just won't be there til friday afternoon! The weather forecast is looking good!! :laughing6-hehe:

Archived