Jump to content

Rear Rack suggestions for a 2014 VFR


Recommended Posts

I have a new to me 2014 VFR. I am looking for a Rack / Tail rack for it. I had a Ventura system rack for my 6th Gen(s) and liked it very much. I remember a member on here that made rack that mounted similarly but don't know of anything for the 8th Gen. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Member Contributer
1 hour ago, Sparkie said:

I have the factory rack.

Btw it's the same rack for the seventh generation vfr1200 as the eighth gen vfr800.

And the Crossrunner 😉

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Member Contributer
2 hours ago, Sparkie said:

Wish I could get a crossrunner......

☹️

 

They are really, really good.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Member Contributer
18 hours ago, PACIFICMAN said:

I have a new to me 2014 VFR. I am looking for a Rack / Tail rack for it. I had a Ventura system rack for my 6th Gen(s) and liked it very much. I remember a member on here that made rack that mounted similarly but don't know of anything for the 8th Gen. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance. 

 

I believe your thinking of Kanadian Ken's Solo Rack for 5th and 6th gens. Nice piece of kit.  AFAIK never made for 8th gen and no longer in production. 

 

https://www.vfrdiscussion.com/index.php?/forums/topic/87933-kanadian-kens-solo-rack/

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Member Contributer

Look at SW-Motech. I have one on my 2014. Much neater looking than other offerings.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

VFR 78, Thanks for the response! That looks like what I would like to have. Can you tell me the Model / Part number and the Specific Fitment of that set up? I find nothing for the VFR800F at SW- Motec.  But in this thread others have said units for the VFR1200X and 7th gen that fit our model. Please Advise...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Member Contributer

 Pacificman, I don’t have a part number. It looks like SW Motech may have discontinued the AluRac for our bike and I’ve given you a bum steer. I can’t  find reference to it on the Aussie site anymore. Maybe it’s worth emailing the manufacturer direct, to see if they have any stock left. Sorry for the misdirection.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, Terry said:

Dold Industries list the Ventura rack for the 2014 VFR800:

 

https://dold.co.nz/collections/honda/products/honda-vfr-800fe-14-18

 

Do it!!  Every time a Ventura sells, Terry gets a free beer and a donation is made to a random NZ college fund.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Member Contributer
1 hour ago, Captain 80s said:

 

Do it!!  Every time a Ventura sells, Terry gets a free beer and a donation is made to a random NZ college fund.

Have I not explained that for every rack sold, a Hobbit gets a free meal?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Member Contributer

Second breakfast. Nice. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

Will the Shad pannier rack for the Crosstourer fit the 8th Gen? Specifically the Crosstourer 1200X (12-21) 3P System Mount H0CR12IF? I really need to get some hard bags and since the 8th Gen bags are unicorns and the Givi options are all out of stock, I am thinking about purchasing these.  Just need to know if they will fit.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Member Contributer
23 hours ago, Crash1973 said:

Will the Shad pannier rack for the Crosstourer fit the 8th Gen? Specifically the Crosstourer 1200X (12-21) 3P System Mount H0CR12IF? I really need to get some hard bags and since the 8th Gen bags are unicorns and the Givi options are all out of stock, I am thinking about purchasing these.  Just need to know if they will fit.

Check the fitment against the listing for the 800.

 

why not import the panniers. Loads of other folk have.  Bear in mind it’s still in production in the ROW. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/27/2022 at 2:42 PM, fink said:

Check the fitment against the listing for the 800.

 

why not import the panniers. Loads of other folk have.  Bear in mind it’s still in production in the ROW. 

That's what I ended up doing, ordered the side cases and top box from England. It was a little pricey, but having the ignition key fit everything is absolutely worth it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...
On 6/10/2022 at 5:03 PM, Badger1 said:

That's what I ended up doing, ordered the side cases and top box from England. It was a little pricey, but having the ignition key fit everything is absolutely worth it.

Do you have a link to where you purchased them in England? I like the integration of the side cases. I have trunks on a number of my bikes but not sure I want to change the aesthetics of this bike - it looks beautiful without. I found the Kriega US30 soft bag integrates very well on the rear seat with the built in hooks in that seat.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Member Contributer
4 hours ago, dani said:

Do you have a link to where you purchased them in England? I like the integration of the side cases. I have trunks on a number of my bikes but not sure I want to change the aesthetics of this bike - it looks beautiful without. I found the Kriega US30 soft bag integrates very well on the rear seat with the built in hooks in that seat.

 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/294850390656?hash=item44a673ea80:g:cNQAAOSwyE5iJeFv  the seller is a Honda dealer

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy.