ChrisBezz

Rear wheel nuts seized / won’t undo!

Well, I suppose I’m open for some criticism over this, but my ‘99 VFR hasn’t moved out of its heated garage for 3+ ish years.

Yes, I know, how could I have left her sleeping, but life hasn’t allowed....

Anyway, I wanted to remove the wheels for a tyre check / renewal at my usual depot.  Except the rear wheel nuts won’t move. Even with a long steel 75cm pipe helping with the job.

Any ideas how to remove these stubborn nuts? I’m concerned if I lay on with the pressure too much I may well snap the studs....

Plus, trying to press the rear brake lever as well as applying pressure on the lever seems to be an acquired art....

I've been at this for 3 days, also using WD40 to penetrate the treads with no luck. 

Any help would be welcome.....

An update - I’ve booked my VFR into Foleys motorcycles of Stoke on Trent, tomorrow, Friday. 

I've used Foleys over the lifetime of the bike, which was 20 years old in September. I trust them, always good service, honest people.

So hopefully they will coax these nuts off, job done!

Can someone explain me why I’ve got two threads on the forum relating to my original starter enquiry?🤔

Did I press the wrong key?