Mission Impossible 2- The Unseen Vfr 800

deltaboxii

• Member Contributer

Somehow this VFR was left out of the movie Mission Impossible 2.

(If you have seen it, you would get the humor)

post-24302-0-52761700-1439429337.jpg

I have seen the newest MI movie and loved it, like all of them..... I can also except that they are knowingly allowing for scenes that they know are going to be questioned as to real or not, and I saw plenty of things that didn't really happen, but still loved it.

Tom Cruise..... Does a lot or most of his own stunts(at 50+ no less), and they try to make as much of it as real as they can. I saw a shot with him hanging on to the C-? , and they still had the cable attached(which is taken out in the movie). Now whether or not he was hanging from a real plane taking off, they didn't say, but the cable tells us the whole thing wasn't done by green effects.

• Member Contributer

Somehow this VFR was left out of the movie Mission Impossible 2.

(If you have seen it, you would get the humor)

MI isn't the only movie to put knobbies on sportbikes or put sportbike bodywork on out 'n out dirt bikes.

But I've always wanted the option to put knobbies on my VFR. Not that it's stopped me from hitting the trails anyway, but it would help.

• Member Contributer

I have seen the newest MI movie and loved it, like all of them..... I can also except that they are knowingly allowing for scenes that they know are going to be questioned as to real or not, and I saw plenty of things that didn't really happen, but still loved it.

Tom Cruise..... Does a lot or most of his own stunts(at 50+ no less), and they try to make as much of it as real as they can. I saw a shot with him hanging on to the C-? , and they still had the cable attached(which is taken out in the movie). Now whether or not he was hanging from a real plane taking off, they didn't say, but the cable tells us the whole thing wasn't done by green effects.

That was incredibly BA, as much as I am not a fan of TC himself, after watching that stunt I have alot of respect for his courage. Big brass balls on that one.

Clearly Cruise is a better rider than that other guy in the poster who at least is dressed to crash.

Tom's so cool, he needs no gear. Must be invincible. :laugh:

• Member Contributer

When you're saving the world, who has time for gear?

Oddly, there are many riders who feel this way and they're NOtT saving the world! Haven't seen the latest nor some of the middle films, but it does seem like TC and Keanu Reeves like to use motorcycles in their movies. Heck, KR even started his own motorcycle company. I hope it does well for him.

• Member Contributer

When you're saving the world, who has time for gear?

Ever pay attention to what moto cops wear in the summer?

Ours go around in jodhpurs, fingerless gloves, no jacket, and those useless half-helmets that are useless in 2/3 of typical impact scenarios. Oh, and Ray-Bans, of course.

But thank heavens they have those cool equestrian boots.

• Member Contributer

Airbus A400M. Not in service yet but due to replace the ageing C130 Hercules. Quite a coup that they managed to borrow one for 2 weeks from its busy test schedule but then it's good publicity too.

Cruise DID hang from the side of the plane himself. There are several media articles about it but as it was filmed where I work (before I worked here) I know several people who watched it being filmed and he definitely did it himself. They flew 8 circuits of the airfield in order to get enough shots.

Kudos! :beer:

Its Contis TKC80´s on that 800, was close to go that route whit a superbikebar on my 800 while I had it, but didn´t.

• Member Contributer

There was something I was watching just before I saw the movie, probably MotoGP... Someone was saying how Matt Mladin rode with his middle finger on the brake only. So it was tough for photos in mags if he was braking. Then I watched the last M.I. and saw TC doing that with both hands.

In the flick, I thought it was pretty well shot. Couldn't tell if they were using rigs to replicate stuff. Certain shots, like TC in the shirt and no helmet were pretty real. Only two shots bugged me; one was turning in and knee coming out. Just the way it was shot looked like it was on a pivoting rig because it didn't look quite natural. Perhaps they should have been watching real racing to see the way the shots are done if in fact it was real. The other was a take on the tried and true acceleration cut. There is always a gear change and acceleration shot in a chase flick. Usually it is a series of cut shots that include the clutch, gear change, and accelerator, and generally it's an upshift. This time it was presumably a downshift and acceleration (more realistic) but the series took place so slowly that it was ridiculous. It's three actions that take place almost simultaneously, but shown in three different cuts. So it happens so much more slowly than real. Oh well, that's movies. At least it wasn't Torque with bikes drag racing on tarmac then dirt, etc....

Best chase scenes are still Ronin! Cars, but beautifully shot!

Archived