Hi From Frankfurt Germany!

BTFPTM

Hi folks,

I'm American, living and working in Germany since late 2012. Hi! I'm the recent and happy owner of a 98 VFR800 (Stacey), she and my RC51 (Bella) are a pretty perfect combination of road-going motorcycles. One that just says "come on, let's ride", and one that says "come on, ya chicken, I can run harder than this." =D

Hoping to meet other good folks, and soak up some good info here, I'm sure I won't be disappointed. So that's all for now, hi everyone!

Having a hamburger in Frankfurt, and a frankfurter in Hamburg are on my bucket list.

I doubt I'll ever make it north of the Weisswurst-Equator though...

Wilkommen.

• Member Contributer

Welcome! My company's HQ is in Mainz! Great choice of bikes!

Sebspeed, you've just given me a bucketlist item for my time here in Europe, thanks! Now I gotta go back to Hamburg to find a Frankfurter :beer:

Well, I gotta do some reading to figure out the mistake I'm making while trying to put up photo links here, but in the meantime, here are links to photos of the girls. I'm giving them both a bath today, the bug splats are becoming an aerodynamic hinderance.

Bella

Stacey

You have extremely good taste, my man. I too have the perfect combo of 5th Gen VFR VFR and RC51. I will be riding through the Eifel Forrest in 3 weeks, so maybe we pass on the road.(a bit east of Bitburg) Sadly, I wont be on either of my bikes, as I havent found I way to fit them in my carry on luggage.

Thanks guys! :beer: I'm pretty agnostic when it comes to superstitions, but finding my two machines was...well, uncanny. As yall have noticed, I am just superstitious (and cliche) enough to name my machines, and in both their cases, it really did seem like they were waiting for me to find them. After lots of searching, each of them just sort of appeared, and they both knew exactly which buttons to push to convince me to give them a new home.

Bitburg is on my list, too, I love the beer (Bitburger), and want to visit the brewery.

• Member Contributer

Bitburg will get you close to "the Ring".....................

• Member Contributer

Not to mention a certain cemetery... Kids these days!

Ciao,

Archived