Cleaning Products

• Member Contributer

What is everyone using today to keep their bikes clean. I've been out of the game for a few years. I owned an '02 back about 10 years ago and was using the Honda Polish before they changed the formula. I picked up some of the new Honda Polish, and even though it said "original formula" it was not. I loved that stuff, but apparently it is no longer produced and available.

So what else is comparable?

Thanks.

~Chris

Rainfall is the medium I use most often. It seems to not have changed much since my original use.

However, do realize I get picked on if I show up to a ride and the bike is clean.

• Member Contributer

VFRbeliever - Get the product called Original Bike Spirits cleaner and polish. It's the old Honda cleaner - the good stuff. I think the company either made it for Honda originally or bought the formula since Honda went green and couldn't sell the stuff in California.

NIck

Interesting. Someone in the past mentioned that Honda changed their formula for the Honda Cleaner product in the past. It's still the same in Canada, not sure if you can buy it and bring it across the border - works great still. Otherwise I just use Plexus and it seems to do the trick with a bit of gentle rubbing for bugs and such with my hand.

• Member Contributer

• Member Contributer

I use whatever liquid soap (with built-in wax) that I use on my cars. I really don't do any interim dusting or cleaning. If I have chain gooze on the swingarm or something, I use my chain-cleaning kerosene before the wash.

• Member Contributer

With the drought here in California, I'm pretty sure I would be fined (and then jailed after the protest) if I were caught washing a bike or car in the driveway like I used to. Since the bikes are so much smaller than the cars and truck I just wipe the greasy areas with wd40 or kerosene, and then wipe the plastic and non grimy areas with a damp cloth. Then I use an automotive spray-on quick detailer for the plastics and windscreen.

• Member Contributer

VFRbeliever - Get the product called Original Bike Spirits cleaner and polish. It's the old Honda cleaner - the good stuff. I think the company either made it for Honda originally or bought the formula since Honda went green and couldn't sell the stuff in California.

NIck

Interesting. Someone in the past mentioned that Honda changed their formula for the Honda Cleaner product in the past. It's still the same in Canada, not sure if you can buy it and bring it across the border - works great still. Otherwise I just use Plexus and it seems to do the trick with a bit of gentle rubbing for bugs and such with my hand.

Believer -- Honda did change the formula and screw the original makers by discontinuing it. . So the original makers decided to keep on making it and sell it as the "original".

It is the defacto original Honda polish - Thus - The Original Polish... Get some you wont be disappointed....

http://www.originalbikespirits.com/products/spray-cleaner-polish/

What is everyone using today to keep their bikes clean. I've been out of the game for a few years. I owned an '02 back about 10 years ago and was using the Honda Polish before they changed the formula. I picked up some of the new Honda Polish, and even though it said "original formula" it was not. I loved that stuff, but apparently it is no longer produced and available.

So what else is comparable?

Thanks.

~Chris

• Member Contributer

Autoglym.....but I don't suspect you can buy it over there.

• Member Contributer

Just picked up some FW1 Wash & Wax with Carnuaba. Supposed to last 3 months, helping bugs and crap come off with a light wash.

Also, supposed to help keep brake dust & gunk off the rims (looking forward to this one!).

Planning on trying it out this weekend. Sprays on like foam, then wipes off with microfibre clothe.

It's rated as a 'no water' wash, lifting dirt off the surface rather than rubbing it in.

• Member Contributer

I've got some silcone polish that I used to use for the plastics on my MX bike, works ok. I just ordered the original polish on amazon, can't wait to try it.

Heres the link for the lazy:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B007KPX7HQ/ref=cm_sw_r_fa_asp_kBrUJ.KAMZEBF?fb_ref=Default

Tip - most any motorcycle dealers sell it..... and it will be at a lower price.

• Member Contributer

I've got some silcone polish that I useIo use for the plastics on my MX bike, works ok. I just ordered the original polish on amazon, can't wait to try it.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B007KPX7HQ/ref=cm_sw_r_fa_asp_kBrUJ.KAMZEBF?fb_ref=Default

I won can of this stuff at TMac a couple years ago and it was very good .

Roll On ..

• Member Contributer

I've got some silcone polish that I useIo use for the plastics on my MX bike, works ok. I just ordered the original polish on amazon, can't wait to try it.

Roll On ..

It looks like with have a saboteur, now you have modified my post twice. Just so that you may know I am of capable of analyzing element and source code for the two post you have changed , this is one time offer for you to email me with a apology.

Moderator notified again for alter post.

This is a screen capture of the post you modified.

AlterPostByVFRDMember.

Roll On ..

• Member Contributer

Roll On ..

It looks like with have a saboteur, now you have modified my post twice. Just so that you may know I am of capable of analyzing element and source code for the two post you have changed , this is one time offer for you to email me with a apology.

Moderator notified again for alter post.

This is a screen capture of the post you modified.

Roll On ..

All is well , email received from saboteur.

Roll On ..

• Member Contributer

Maybe your white space and then "roll on" under each post annoys people?

A bit like a picture in the sig line that fills half the screen...

Just guessing, dont flame me if I'm wrong.. :-)

• Member Contributer

AlterPostByVFRDMember.

Maybe your white space and then "roll on" under each post annoys people?

A bit like a picture in the sig line that fills half the screen...

Just guessing, dont flame me if I'm wrong.. :-)

And if it does just email me instead modifying post .

Roll On ..

• Member Contributer

Yes, the idiotic half page "roll on" is pedantic and silly. That's not a signature, it's a half page post.

Finally feedback

Roll On ..

• Member Contributer

Indeed :) and it's not personal. You often have good input on the forum.

Thanks really wish someone would have wrote what you wrote earlier and instead of "f"ing around with my post . At first thought someone hack my VFRD account. Little nervous about that sense I work for the gov so all of my personal stuff has been officially hacked.

Roll On ..

• Member Contributer

I live in some apartments in SoCal and they will no longer allow me to wash my bike here. I'm looking for some good waterless wash stuff.

41ngZoIRlvL.jpg

For the money this stuff is the best right now.

Roll On ..

• Member Contributer

Believe it or not Harley has a polish that is cheap $7 a can and is really a good product ,keeps all the bike clean ,bugs come off easily and really gives a good shine better then Honda and plexus . Try it you might like it .

• Member Contributer

I just started using Pledge with a microfibre cloth. Works great, Is cheap(ish) and easily obtainable pretty much everywhere. And I live in a small town.

Archived