Cleaning Products

• Member Contributer

For those who can use water to wash their machine here is what I do (I'm cheap)

- hose down the bike with low to moderate preasure

- spray down the greasy gunkie parts with Sam's Club heavy duty de-greaser (mostly chain-lube throw off and wheels and chain) ($5/gal.) (can be diluted with water if bike not very dirty)

- take a tooth brush and small scraper (in use a small screwdriver blade) to remove the disolving grease and gunk until clean then rinse. Repeat as necessary.

- bucket wash the rest of the bike with warm to hot water and a mild dish detergent. Dry off with soft cotton towel.

- spray the plastic with the Original Spray Cleaner and Polish and rub/wipe until it is so bright you have to wear shades

- with the chain clean go for a short ride to heat the chain

- place cardboard behind chain (between chain and wheel or whatever) and lube the chain. Wipe down and leave for 20 minutes to let VOCs evaporate.

- don gear and go for a ride

• Member Contributer

I tried the FW1 Wash & Wax with Carnuaba last weekend. Very impressed!

Interested to see how it does at holding off break dust and chain lube off the rim - with a quick pressure wash.

• Member Contributer

I tried the FW1 Wash & Wax with Carnuaba last weekend. Very impressed!

Interested to see how it does at holding off break dust and chain lube off the rim - with a quick pressure wash.

I'm one of those who uses WD-40 on their chain instead of chain lube. Keeps it and the wheel cleaner. After wiping off the excess WD-40 I then wipe down the swing arm and wheel. I don't bother with the front wheel because you can't really see it anyway behind the rotors. I used to follow the same routine on my old CBR600 with white wheels to keep them looking clean & white.

Archived