New From Scotland

struan80

Hello all,

New here from Scotland. Just traded in my CBR650F for a 2010 VFR1200. Pick up this Saturday, can't wait :) A bit of a spur of the moment purchase, fell in love instantly on a test ride. No research, read reviews or anything about this bike, so will be eagerly beavering over these forums.

This is her, white, lots of white. with more white panniers and top box. Some people think my new bike is ugly, some people ehh! :D

http://www.twowheels.co.uk/used/details.php?bike=3732

• Member Contributer

Welcome to the asylum (we are crazy for VFRs and motorcycle riding). Your new machine looks fabulous. I really like the white. Even if it's not the fastest color. (That would be red.) :smile:

• Member Contributer

Hello struan80,

Glad to see you make it over to VFRD. You'll find lots of information on your new (new to you) 1200 here. This is a very well run forum and I think you'll enjoy it.

Sorry you had to give up your CBR but, for what you were looking for in a motorcycle you probably made the right choice.

Oh, by the way, you know me as Fokker over on the CBR site.

Enjoy!...

Hello struan80,

Glad to see you make it over to VFRD. You'll find lots of information on your new (new to you) 1200 here. This is a very well run forum and I think you'll enjoy it.

Sorry you had to give up your CBR but, for what you were looking for in a motorcycle you probably made the right choice.

Oh, by the way, you know me as Fokker over on the CBR site.

Enjoy!...

Yes , thanks for directing me here Scott/Fokker. Thanks to everyone for the welcome.

• Member Contributer

Welcome to VFRD!

Had a couple of wee drams to celebrate your new bike last night....

post-8974-0-02568500-1434025956.jpg

Edinburgh a really nice city, well most parts anyway.

Lived in Dean Village for 3 years...

• Member Contributer

You'll love her, but the list of things you'll want to buy for her will grow and grow..... :beer:

Thanks again.

Got the bike today a day early. Very happy, sun was shining as well.

11292751_1034030036608317_142313675_n_zp

11418196_1034030013274986_832701357_n_zp

Bike is more top heavy than the CBR 650F, similar riding position, feels light though once going, has more power everywhere, slipper clutch, feels like a proper chunk of a bike. Corners very well once going, not so good on very tight corners. Fit and finish of the VFR are different class to CBR. Upgrade for me was simply I wanted panniers, top box, better for my wife as pillion and an engine that didn't need to rev to death. Been out for a long ride tonight and love it, even the exhaust, though it is a bit very quiet at low revs. Need to remember those boxes when filtering! :D

• Member Contributer

I rode with a guy that was on one of those and got that bike through some tight stuff in a hurry. Just know that it an do it, if need be. The girl is up to the task. I scaped a peg with a knee out and this guy barely shifted his arse in the seat. Enjoy!

Yes, she'll be fine, just getting used to her.

Pride of place amongst the rest, Just got R1 yesterday back from garage, not ridden her yet either. Don't know what to ride! Tough life :)

20150613_1243431_zpsx9dvrmbp.jpg

• Member Contributer

You certainly have my sympathies with that garage. :beer:

Welcome to VFRD from Cali. Bike looks incredible in white, congrats.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived