Good News Casey Stoner Fans!

Duc2V4

• Member Contributer

Looks like Casey Stoner will be returning to race for Honda again, not in MotoGP but in the Suzuka 8 hr race.

http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2015/03/27/stoner-to-make-sensational-return-to-racing-in-suzuka-8hr/172527

• Member Contributer

I wish he would return to Moto GP so Marquez could stomp his whiny a$$.

Rossi is now on a competitive bike again and it would also be fun to see the sparks fly between the most beloved and loathed of the Moto GP aliens. The characters are what keeps the racing really interesting. Some of the current racers, as talented as they are, are pretty damn bland personality wise as compared to the Raineys, Schwantz, Roberts, Mamolas, etc etc. of the GP haydays.

• Member Contributer

Colin Edwards For President!!!

He is a nice dude! Dang near won Assen in 2006...

Casey always seemed so uptight. But man he could ride that Duc! This season could be pretty interesting...

• Member Contributer

Wow! A lot less Casey fans here than I thought! :491:

• Member Contributer

Prefer his wife Adriana.... :-)

Same. I would routinely get a rider's pass every year at the races from Edwards Snr. One year, at Laguna, I was next to Rossi's motorhome when Moaner and Adriana came through and went into the Repsol office. One of Stacey's mechanics was outside so I walked up to him and asked if Adriana would come out for a photo. It was a quick no and you could tell he had previously received instructions for just such a thing. I tried.

Now Ingrid, she was always nice. I got photos with her 4 days in a row one year. On Sunday I called out to her, she looks at me, and says "Another one?" :)

Good to see Casey will race again, could be a precursor to him doing the World Endurance Championship. Casey Stoner, Steve Martin and Troy Bayliss as WEC team-mates, now that would be a formidable team.

Rossi is now on a competitive bike again

You should tell him that, I'd like to see the look on his face :wink:

The Yamaha is not on song for Qatar... hopefully Rossi and Lorenzo find something in warm-up, otherwise they are not going to see which way the Hondas and Ducatis went.

I wish he would return to Moto GP so Marquez could stomp his whiny a$$.

Rossi is now on a competitive bike again and it would also be fun to see the sparks fly between the most beloved and loathed of the Moto GP aliens. The characters are what keeps the racing really interesting. Some of the current racers, as talented as they are, are pretty damn bland personality wise as compared to the Raineys, Schwantz, Roberts, Mamolas, etc etc. of the GP haydays.

And stoner could stomp rossi's? I mean, stoner found a championship on the ducati, and Rossi found excuses?

Aaaaaand discuss.

I don't know how Casey will ever be able to finish an 8 hour endurance race, if his lactose intolerance is why he quit grand prix motorcycle racing :P

I am lactose intolerant, I couldn't imagine riding for 8hours at Suzuka while needing to piss out my bum. It would be distracting to say the least.

Although, he could just avoid dairy, makes it easier for me. Or maybe a special flap, use it like squid use ink when they are chased.

Or is that a step too far?

• Member Contributer

And stoner could stomp rossi's? I mean, stoner found a championship on the ducati, and Rossi found excuses?

Aaaaaand discuss.

I am lactose intolerant, I couldn't imagine riding for 8hours at Suzuka while needing to piss out my bum. It would be distracting to say the least.

Although, he could just avoid dairy, makes it easier for me. Or maybe a special flap, use it like squid use ink when they are chased.

Or is that a step too far?

That Ducati was so good that must be why Moaner left to go to Honda.

After the 2007 championship where Ducati had a nice advantage (Yamaha went to pneumatic valves because of that Desmosedici power advantage, and Magneti Marelli electronics), Moaner won less and less each year. That bike was in a spiral and why Gigi was hired from Aprilia, to correct the ship.

As far as the rest. Moaner fan, Australian, and also milk intolerant. We are all in for it. The moaning will be epic.

• Member Contributer

Prefer his wife Adriana.... :-)

Same. I would routinely get a rider's pass every year at the races from Edwards Snr. One year, at Laguna, I was next to Rossi's motorhome when Moaner and Adriana came through and went into the Repsol office. One of Stacey's mechanics was outside so I walked up to him and asked if Adriana would come out for a photo. It was a quick no and you could tell he had previously received instructions for just such a thing. I tried.

Now Ingrid, she was always nice. I got photos with her 4 days in a row one year. On Sunday I called out to her, she looks at me, and says "Another one?" :)

I dunno. I'm no Stoner fan, but riders' wives are not really photo-op material (unless they happen to be models...), are they? I think it would creep me out a bit if I were her. Certainly crosses a line for me...

Ciao,

I dunno. I'm no Stoner fan, but riders' wives are not really photo-op material (unless they happen to be models...), are they? I think it would creep me out a bit if I were her. Certainly crosses a line for me...

Ciao,

She's his umbrella girl, taking a photo of her is no different than taking a photo of any other of the grid girls, IMO.

• Member Contributer

Yeah they talk about Nicky, but Nicky who?? :unsure::goofy:

• Member Contributer

Ciao,

She's his umbrella girl, taking a photo of her is no different than taking a photo of any other of the grid girls, IMO.

^ This. They can always say no.

• Member Contributer

The Stoner (and Pedrosa) hatred with you US guys is idiotic. But carry on.

There's one member here who still holds a grudge against Pedrosa for crashing into Nicky Haden back in 2006! Funny thing about this, Nicky still won the championship, regardless of that incident. I never understood this. With that logic, he should be a huge fan of Tony Elias, if it wasn't for him crashing into Rossi, Nicky most likely wouldn't have won that year.

Yeah they talk about Nicky, but Nicky who?? :unsure::goofy:

Not Nicky Who, Nicky Haden! Unfortunately for us American folks, he's the last American rider on the grid. Although I like him, I think he's had his 15 minutes. Hopefully with the MotoAmerica thing happening, the US can cultivate more riders to send to MotoGP.

Archived