Post A Picture Of Your Vfr

vfr

• Replies 691
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its really no problem at all to mount the hard bags if your plate is tucked up. I just did it to mine. My plate was tight up in between the pipes and I had no factory fender. I was able to to use almost all the OEM mounting hardware and just relocated the plate. It really was no big deal and turned out looking pretty good.

Its really no problem at all to mount the hard bags if your plate is tucked up. I just did it to mine. My plate was tight up in between the pipes and I had no factory fender. I was able to to use almost all the OEM mounting hardware and just relocated the plate. It really was no big deal and turned out looking pretty good.

Any pics mate? (:

Here are a couple but they don't show much detail. I just got these on the bike a few weeks ago.

I actually just used all the OEM frame mounting hardware and used a little aluminum flat bar to make a plate mount. And a couple of LED plate lights to make the tag legal for night time. I wanted to keep the tag up higher but this actually worked out pretty good and I was able to remount my little extra LED brake lights just above the plate.

I will see about getting you a few better pictures if you would like me to.

post-28936-0-95225300-1424397525.jpg

post-28936-0-69078100-1424397538.jpg

• Member Contributer

Damn right! If you solved it, show us how! Don't be shy!

If you really want me to, will do a short write up on it and try to get a few better pics for you.

Interested in how you attach the plate to the seat sub frame .

It was easy, just bolted the the long bracket right where it was suppose to go in the first place and mounted the plate to the cross brace. I just dont have any of the OEM fender parts, PO took them off when he tucked the plate up high and tight. It only took about 30 minutes to mount it all up but if took me a bit longer to decide how I wanted to remount my plate in a way that I would be happy with it.

Since it seems a couple of you are interested in it, I will get some better pictures this weekend and do a short write up on it. It really was not hard at all and turned out looking decent. Look for a little write up here in the 6th gen area so I wont be taking over this picture thread.

• Member Contributer

Hurrican Ridge Washington.

post-16636-0-38010000-1424409733.jpg

Spirit Lake, Mount St. Helen's

post-16636-0-63180800-1424409868.jpg

Me setting off on a 5 week 8000 mile tour after retirement in 2012.

post-16636-0-43589800-1424410055.jpg

I think this was in Pamona Ca. Someone told me this was gang banger territory!

post-16636-0-85021200-1424410207.jpg

• Member Contributer

Sweet look...is that a Thurm wheel cover?

It is.

post-8974-0-63274200-1424420116.jpg

Thurn stopped making them years ago.

Fabricating custom parts is expensive; and folks then think they can buy it for "China" prices does the rest I reckon...

He did me a favour and dug out the last (unpainted) parts sans bolt so Andreas would have one for his NR build.

Good thing he had access to a workshop that could fabricate the bolt.

Here is my 2 week old to me, 2004 VFR. 7900 miles on it when I got it. I've already added another 800. I can't seem to stay off it. I actually got it for my daughter to ride with me. She may never get to use it again :biggrin: . Found the luggage on Craigslist. I'm really happy I found this website.

post-32170-0-85235600-1424987044.jpg
post-32170-0-36506400-1424987181.jpg

• Member Contributer

Here is my 2 week old to me, 2004 VFR. 7900 miles on it when I got it. I've already added another 800. I can't seem to stay off it. I actually got it for my daughter to ride with me. She may never get to use it again :biggrin: . Found the luggage on Craigslist. I'm really happy I found this website.

Welcome!!!

... and that is wonderful that you get to ride with your daughter!!! Don't bogart the Viffer... let her have a taste of the good stuff too!!!

• Member Contributer

Would love to have the wife join me on occasion but she has made it perfectly clear that is not likely to happen. Not even if I got a Gold Wing. Daughter has ridden only once and son looked at me rather oddly when I offered to pay for his MC course.

Daughter has ridden only once and son looked at me rather oddly when I offered to pay for his MC course.

You have got to be kidding me? My daughters want to ride, but my wife will not allow anything other than around the neighborhood.

• Member Contributer

post-23565-0-69825500-1425134018.jpg

Wishing I could have this weather back.

Haven't ridden since boxing day, been way below 0 C every day this month.

HURRY UP SPRING!

• Member Contributer

attachicon.gifIMG_00000607.jpg

HURRY UP SPRING!

Where was that taken. Is that one of the ones we bought from the Brits that either burn up or won't float?

• Member Contributer

attachicon.gifIMG_00000607.jpg

HURRY UP SPRING!

Where was that taken. Is that one of the ones we bought from the Brits that either burn up or won't float?

It's on permanent display in Port Burwell, Ontario, on lake Erie. I was passing through last summer on the way home from picking up the beetle bags. It probably is a British one but I didn't have time for the 10$ tour, have to go back this summer and check it out.

Archived