Aftermarket Pipes For Gen 8

dogman

• Replies 558
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I looked through all these posts. IMHO the Arrow Pro-Racing with the SS tip is by far the best looking one. It really makes the wheel pop and just makes the whole bike look a lot better. It's so minimalistic, sleek, and streamlined looking. I think the gradual increase in diameter is the key to it's look. Most of the other ones look like the typical big can stuck on the end of a pipe. Of course it's all very subjective, but that's the one I'd drop my money on.

post-30868-0-22825900-1411223000.jpg

• Member Contributer

The exhaust gases would heat up the bag with baffles out .

Bag/case, not 100% sure. It would surely heat up other motorists, neighbors, passers-by, etc.

The baffle does slow down the movement of exhaust gases where their heat would be diffused by the can's surface. No baffles, the hot gases spend less time in the can and develop a more concentrated point of heat at the outlet.

Rex,

You really do need to listen to one in the condition you object to. So long as the can internal volume is above a threshold amount (not a shorty Delcovic for example) and you haven't touched the cat, you simply get a bassy sound that I s not objectionable. Nothing like a straight pipe or racing exhaust. The tone is better and the SPL is only around 2 db higher- not excessive.

To put it another way... 20 mins ago I got a compliment about my bike and its sound from a state fish and game cop here at the summit of the canyon I am in at this very moment.

• Member Contributer
232 replies to this topic
#221 icon_share.pngRob916

Club Racer

• photo-thumb-31156.jpg?_r=1408886235
  • Members
  • bullet_black.pngbullet_black.png
  • 20 posts
  • In My Garage::2014 VFR 800
    Previous:
    1979 GS750
    1984 Z1000
    1996 GSXR750Srad
    2005 sv1000s
    2012 RC8R

Posted Yesterday, 05:08 AM

Honda dealer said its perfect with the panniers, just dont take the db killer ( baffle ) out and use the panniers at the same time . ( too much heat for the heat shield/panniers )

stock can = 4.8 kgs .

how the hell would it run hotter with the baffle removed?

how the hell would it run hotter with the baffle removed?

Bag/case, not 100% sure. It would surely heat up other motorists, neighbors, passers-by, etc.

The baffle does slow down the movement of exhaust gases where their heat would be diffused by the can's surface. No baffles, the hot gases spend less time in the can and develop a more concentrated point of heat at the outlet.

Not me it's what the Honda dealer told him .

• Member Contributer

Not me it's what the Honda dealer told him .

Honda dealer's mechanic told me the high idle was due to the gasoline I was using.

There isn't a smiley/emoticon on this board here that is emphatic enough to describe just how f'ing stupid that is.

I'm thinking y'all might do well to scrutinize what folks tell ya'.

• Member Contributer

I looked through all these posts. IMHO the Arrow Pro-Racing with the SS tip is by far the best looking one. It really makes the wheel pop and just makes the whole bike look a lot better. It's so minimalistic, sleek, and streamlined looking. I think the gradual increase in diameter is the key to it's look. Most of the other ones look like the typical big can stuck on the end of a pipe. Of course it's all very subjective, but that's the one I'd drop my money on.

Agree, and yet this bike as much or more than any other VFR, is screaming for a left exit pipe.

My 13 inch Delkevic tri-oval (12.5 inch can) is loud without the baffle. The smaller shorter can Im sure makes a difference on the V-4. My old cbr600 with a Micron slip-on in carbon fiber without a baffle (never had the option), and no catalytic converter was not as loud. Here she was right before I signed the papers to trade her in on the VFR800FD.

IMG_03341_zpsa364db90.jpg

IMG_04641_zps89e6ca47.jpg

• Member Contributer

Agree, and yet this bike as much or more than any other VFR, is screaming for a left exit pipe.

WTH find another dealer !

• Member Contributer

Peanut butter and jelly.

• Member Contributer

Peanut butter and jelly.

WTH....I like eggs.

• 5 weeks later...

I am just running a small delkevic at the moment and it has not affected the fuelling at all, The Dam should be OK

When will they be available, and from where?

I got the emails from Dam exhaust with photos, it has prices on the last one. It should be ready to order in a week or so, this email mentioned 2 weeks, and it was sent on the 15th.

The exhausts are available (in production) pictures will follow end this week.

When you pay with PayPal there will be 3,9% transaction costs for PayPal!

The price for the CE-approved exhaust:

Outside Europe NO VAT(Exclu VAT)

-polished version: 401,65 euro excl VAT

-matt/polished version: 411,57 euro excl VAT

-matt version: 411,57 euro excl VAT

Optional for this 3 versions Carbon endcap : 34,71 euro extra excl VAT

-Black version: 583,47 euro excl VAT (+2 weeks extra delivery delay )

Black version always with Carbon endcap!

One detachable noise killer is included, you can choose for the CE- noise killer (same noise level then stock exhaust- when installed) or Sport noise killer!(between open and stock noise level- when installed).

Transportation costs for US are 48 euro.

To order, just a little mail with the desired exhaust, and we send you the official order form. After return of the form(completely filled out) you will get confirmation and you will be added in the planning.

Shipping time for the moment is in 2 weeks

Met vriendelijke groeten, Cordialement

Mit freundlichen Grüßen, Best Regards.

David Damiaens

Hi all !

Exhaust should be ready to market, delays are only 14 days to manufacture then and transportation to deliverer.

You can send an email to David Damiaens for further information : Info@damexhaust.com

Or send a mail to :

DAM - Stationsstraat 39 - 3722 Wintershoven - Belgium

Phone 0032 (0) 11 375407 www.damexhaust.com

• Member Contributer

Hi All.

After waiting 5 weeks and 3 days, finally my ARROW pro racing pipes arrived. Very happy with looks, sound and lighter weight. With the restrictor in they sound virtually stock standard, but sound just beautiful with it out, a nice deep burble and not too loud. As you can see I went for the Carbon Tip version the reason being that the end piece angles the exhaust gasses horizontally keeping the hot stuff away from the panniers, the steel tip tends to keep the gasses heading upwards at the same angle of the exhaust. The underneath clearance for the panniers is a little less than with the stock but it still o.k. Hopefully won't be melting panniers!! Cheers Grum.

post-30826-0-95144000-1414458522.jpgpost-30826-0-04999700-1414458552.jpgpost-30826-0-95324900-1414458582.jpgpost-30826-0-21093200-1414458613.jpgpost-30826-0-56043100-1414458646.jpg

Archived