Psa: Motorcycle Abuse (Bought Another Vfr)

• Member Contributer

A topic that hasn't been taken seriously here is about motorcycle abuse. We all know what it is. We see it every day. Yet we let it happen. We allow the abuse to continue knowing the suffering that the motorcycle must endure until one day...it just ends up too much.

When you see one. You don't want to think of abuse first off. Maybe it was just a garage tipover..

IMG_3361.jpg

Maybe they actually like that color wheel....

IMG_3357.jpg

Maybe that's just the way they got it and couldn't do any better...

IMG_3363.jpg

But if you actually look closely, you see the ugly truth...

The rattle can paint job done with not a care in the world...

IMG_3364.jpg

The bent shift lever and paint overspray...

IMG_3359.jpg

The '0' finger shorty brake lever

IMG_3362.jpg

We all know what's really under all that makeup. And that bandage wasn't from a glass falling out of the cabinet...

IMG_3356.jpg

But when one sees something as gruesome as this, how can you call yourself a VFR lover and let such things continue???

IMG_3373.jpg

So please. When you see motorcycle abuse. Step up. Don't sit back idly, trying to ignore the travesties that occur right in front of you. We here at the Honda Acquisitions Department, Ohio division are doing our part, but it comes at a great burden. We know not everyone has the time or space for such efforts, but still feel the need to do something. For just $1 a day, you can help rescue these poor creatures and get them to families who will love and care for them. This Christmas season, have a heart. Together we can make a difference.

green-donate-now-button.png

IMG_3353.jpg

94 VFR Rescue

* Monetary donations may be used to expand garage capacity...for a good cause.. :rolleyes:

I can't put down in type (for forum rules sake) what I'm actually thinking or spewed from my mouth when I saw some of those pics...like the really nice 'custom' exhaust. Wow, she has been beaten.

What are your plans with her? I want more pics/description of that exhaust!!

• Member Contributer

:laughing6-hehe: Holy crap Yoshi...that is some funny shite!

We need someone to put heavy handed ballad behind it ("I will remember you...") and set the pics moving in a powerpoint display then post it on the VFRD Youtube channel and see if we can get the donations up.

What do you say when you see an ugly baby? "That sure is a baby, isn't it?"

Great lead in commercial to your build thread. :fing02:

• Member Contributer

I was trying to find the music from the Sarah Mclaghlan animal abuse video, then give Flat Black productions a contract to produce the video..

I can't put down in type (for forum rules sake) what I'm actually thinking or spewed from my mouth when I saw some of those pics...like the really nice 'custom' exhaust. Wow, she has been beaten.

What are your plans with her? I want more pics/description of that exhaust!!

There are a couple pictures of the exhaust in the album. Basically, they took the stock exhaust, cut it off at the collector, and (maybe) welded that bit of pipe on the end. I might start it up eventually just to hear how awful it is.

Plans? No idea right now. If you look at the sig, I have plenty of projects already. We will see what the spring holds, and what I get done over the winter.

• Member Contributer

Man, I hope the PO paid you to take her! Man, this is going to be a chore.

The PO was a great....squid...maybe. He talked a big game, but after looking the bike over, I doubt he rode it more than once. Title was not in his name, but the owner he bought it from. It was notarized and everything was in order. The VIN numbers matched, and the title was an Ohio clean title (bike was picked up in WV).

The kid we bought it from was just going on how he would do 170mph regularly on the highway with it and do wheelies down the highway. Then he mentioned how 'there isn't much legal about that bike'. No license plate or turn signals. He would "ride and just dare the cops to pull him over".

He was also really into body kits. So when he dropped it and cracked the side fairings, he fixed them with fiberglass. But then he couldn't get them to fit. When i asked where they were, he just drew a blank, and eventually said how he pitched them. So I told him he threw $250 out the window.

Oh, and it needs a new R/r.

• Member Contributer

I know he never rode it at 170...not even with that exhaust scoop welded on to the header..

From the people who introduced to you 'Ram-air Intake', we now present 'Ram-air Exhaust!'.

The kid we bought it from was just going on how he would do 170mph regularly on the highway with it and do wheelies down the highway. Then he mentioned how 'there isn't much legal about that bike'. No license plate or turn signals. He would "ride and just dare the cops to pull him over".

Word fail me at the stupidity that guy was showing.

• Member Contributer

As often happens at the intersection of "biker" and "motorcyclist"....

As often happens at the intersection of "biker" and "motorcyclist"....

It so happens I know a few very smart bicyclists.

• Member Contributer

A topic that hasn't been taken seriously here is about motorcycle abuse. We all know what it is. We see it every day. Yet we let it happen. We allow the abuse to continue knowing the suffering that the motorcycle must endure until one day...it just ends up too much.

94 VFR Rescue

* Monetary donations may be used to expand garage capacity...for a good cause.. :rolleyes:

Hilarious!

• 4 weeks later...

I just found this on the forum front page under the random Gallery images:

med_gallery_10382_3322_234140.jpg

Look Familiar? It was a forum members bike! What I cannot figure out though, is why the above is considered the "finished" bike and not this "almost done" bike:

med_gallery_10382_3322_656051.jpg

So I guess he really did want the two different wheels. scratcher.gif

Anyway, here is the gallery where he was working on it back in 2009:

http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/forum/index.php/gallery/album/3322-94-vfr-custom-project/

Turns out that bike was a rescue back in 2007 too. There is even a picture of when he made that funky exhaust. Man, that poor bike!

I know he never rode it at 170...not even with that exhaust scoop welded on to the header..

From the people who introduced to you 'Ram-air Intake', we now present 'Ram-air Exhaust!'.

Going through the owners build pictures, I figured out that was supposed to be the muffler. Instead of a side mount can or under tail exhaust, it must loop back around. There was a curved piped that was welded on pointing down.

med_gallery_10382_3322_43125.jpg

I get it now, but it is still weird.

• Member Contributer

Wow. Amazing find. Funny how that bike went from the city 20 miles south of me, to Morgantown, WV, and is now back in cleveland. The member doesn't seem to have any posts or topics. Maybe lost in the crash from a bit ago?

I did notice how the VIN plate is missing before the rattle can job. Oh how I wish he just left it black and white. Would have been less work for me to clean up. And notice how sketchy that subframe is. Also, those bent ends are no longer present on the exhaust.

Archived