Psa: Motorcycle Abuse (Bought Another Vfr)

• Member Contributer

Yeah. His name is Actionj over there. 8 posts. Only one useful is that he put a 05 cbr600 tail on it, but cut the subframe in half in the middle, angled it up, and welded it back together. Considering the 'quality' of the work on the rest of the bike, I'm going to assume he meant JB weld. :wacko:

• Member Contributer

As obscene as a Hieronymous Bosch painting. Ask Dutchy. Good fortune, R3~

TMAC 2014???? :goofy:

Hieronymus_Bosch_056.jpg

• 4 months later...
  • Member Contributer

It's the moment you have all been waiting for.

I had a whopping three hours of me time this weekend. This is the result.

http://s988.photobucket.com/user/YoshiHNS/media/94%20VFR%20Rescue/DSCF1009.mp4

th_DSCF1009.jpg

Just imagine what I could do if I had more than 3 hrs a month to work on bike stuff.

• Member Contributer

Wahey!!!! At least the engine runs!!!

Good luck with the clutch fluid lid; that bolt looks on its way out. I had to resort to an impact driver on mine.....

Those fork legs stick out WAY too high, be careful when you take her out like that Yosh...

• Member Contributer

I had to easy out a similar clutch screw. Wasn't a big deal.

Not doing any more work to it unless I'm getting paid for it. EVERYTHING needs to be fixed or gone over on this thing. The kid who is buying is supposedly good at bodywork and fixing bikes. I'm not so sure. It's going to be a trial in the arts of telling someone all the things he should fix if he wants to survive riding this thing, without making it sound bad and lowering the value.

The forks stick, the steering is like reverse power steering, clutch and brakes look neglected, and all of that nasty nasty paint and bodywork. I hope he gets rid of the ugly tail. Just looks wrong. Like a toothpick on a grapefruit.

Archived