Second Annual Hog Tie - Sep 13-15, 2013 - Event Thread

Yokel

• Member Contributer

Here are some highlighted motorcycle roads for the area for route planning. Nothing compares with Gloryracing's intimate knowledge of the area, but these highlight rides rated by hundreds of MC riders.

Legend:

G1 = Gold (yellow) roads, best paved motorcycle roads;

G2 = Red roads, a notch below G1, great motorcycle rides;

G3 = Orange roads, a little less dramatic but still amongst the best motorcycle miles in the Ozarks

SW MO - Central AR = http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/uploads/gallery/album_5583/gallery_19432_5583_1422378.jpg

South MO - North AR = http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/uploads/gallery/album_5583/gallery_19432_5583_1222707.jpg

I have higher res 300dpi scans and pdfs if anyone wants them PM me your email. I didn't want to bog down with giant files and pdf won't load to my gallery

Edit: I took out the maps and left the links instead so the page loads better

Close up of Push Mtn Rd + Hwy 9 Melbourne to Mountain View = http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/uploads/gallery/album_5583/gallery_19432_5583_560324.jpg

Close up of "Pigs Trail" et al Ride Map = http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/uploads/gallery/album_5583/gallery_19432_5583_845661.jpg

Edit: Added some close-up maps of particularly tastey bits... and if you like the maps please support the company and the Hub by purchasing from Debbie at the office

:fing02:

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

I assume you found another sacrificial virgin?

Sent from my crazy hand held thingy using Tapatalk 2

Yes.

Behold:

alg-kim-kardashian-closeup-jpg.jpg

:goofy:

We'll be doing the world a service and guaranteeing good weather at the same time!

Amen to that!!

• Member Contributer

My departure time here will be Thursday eve. (trailering the bike) Staying the night near Jonesboro, AR. Hopefully arriving at the Hub before noon on Friday. (I'll need help setting up my tent) :goofy: Looking forward to meeting you folks.

Jeffrey

• Member Contributer

My departure time here will be Thursday eve. (trailering the bike) Staying the night near Jonesboro, AR. Hopefully arriving at the Hub before noon on Friday. (I'll need help setting up my tent) :goofy: Looking forward to meeting you folks.

Jeffrey

Look forward to meeting you Jeffrey!

I used to live in Franklin, TN a few years ago... lived there for 7 years... and I've got a Y2K too!!!

Getting close... 12 days and counting!

Travel safe and see you there...

Russ

• Member Contributer

And the cosmos is slowly beginning to align.

Spent the weekend destroying my tires, killing bugs, scaring deer, observing striations and eating meat candy with Gloryracing, Ellen the Epic Pillion and 2thdr. The weather has been very hot and humid.

Last night at midnight I staked the Sacrificial Virgin on Sam's Throne at the top of 123. Prayers to the weather gods that the heat breaks by the Hog Tie.

The roads are awesome as usual. It would seem my suspension on the 1200 is wearing out since I keep dragging hard parts. :(

Can't wait to come back out.

Randall and Debbie are looking forward to our group joining them at the Hub.

I bought leather pajamas just for the occasion.

Hahahahahahahahahhahahahahahaha!!!!!

• Member Contributer

Jeffrey

Look forward to meeting you Jeffrey!

I used to live in Franklin, TN a few years ago... lived there for 7 years... and I've got a Y2K too!!!

Getting close... 12 days and counting!

Travel safe and see you there...

Russ

I think that's awesome....2 yellow viffers. Really wish I could get there a day earlier.... :sad: Franklin is a very nice area to live but it's getting over populated which means the traffic is starting to suck. So glad I moved out of Nashville though.

• Member Contributer

Extended forecast is calling for highs in the mid eighties, lows in the upper fifties with sun.

Sacrificial Virgin, don't fail me now.

• Member Contributer

If there are any southern rockers in the gathering...Molly Hatchet will be playing on Saturday nite about 30 miles away in Flippin.

Molly Hatchet!?!?!?!?!?!

omg2.jpg

• Member Contributer

Just checked the weather forecast looks like it's going to be beautiful!

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

post-23677-13784348777204.jpg

• Member Contributer

If there are any southern rockers in the gathering...Molly Hatchet will be playing on Saturday nite about 30 miles away in Flippin.

No Way! I'd love to go... but I tend to drink at concerts and riding back would not be cool...

• Member Contributer

What time are we heading out on Thursday?? What route are we taking?? Are we there yet!!!

I vote for 7:30am, meet up somewhere off I-35 like the Route 66 exit (2nd street in Edmond, Conoco).

Then the question is, get over as quickly as possible on the slab and 412 (ultra boring until 412), or ride out Route 66 and then around Tenkiller, etc, etc (less boring, but still boring pretty much until AR).

• Member Contributer

I'll be chasing in my pickup. Lotta crap to haul.

Mainly my fat a$$.

Gettin' skinnier!

• Member Contributer

Hope to be down for one full day, that would be Sunday. Whats the plan on Sunday? any rides going on? Still trying to clear it with the old lady. I did finally got down the the area 3 weeks ago and I am hooked. The roads down there are amazing and Only 5 hrs away from home if I take the intersate. But I am thinking of coming down Saturday. I work Friday night and don't get back till 8am. So either I sleep a few hours after I get home then head down or ride down after work and go to bed early sat. night. Sitting at about 65% chance I make it down so I don't want to book a room yet. Think I will have any problems getting a room or would anyone have place to crash in there room for saturday?

• Member Contributer

No Way! I'd love to go... but I tend to drink at concerts and riding back would not be cool...

GR... what venue are Molly Hatchet playing at? Do we need tickets in advance... open seating?? I think there may be a few people wanting to go... Please let us know. Thanks...

• Member Contributer

I've been considering this trip after my recovery. Now I'm recovered. I was considering a trip to visit and ride with Olive and some of our Canadian Crew. But it appears from Olive's weather tables I'm a little late to avoid a snowy ride. So I'm going to save that trip for next year. IF I can catch Olive at home. Seems she does not spend much of her summers there, preferring everywhere else.

I have a trip to our local riding Meca in SW Wisconsin with PairOfAces and another buddy for Tues - Thurs. I could ride from there to join you Riding Maniacs and get a taste of Southern Hospitality. I'll check out the distance and see if that's a possibility. I'd love to meet some more of this great VFRD family. I'll keep this thread posted. Hope there are still rooms available.

Just checked. I could start out Thurs. am, 9/12. It's 12 hours to Harrison, so that would be a Long day; may need to make it a day and a half trip. That's doable. I'll call and see if there are rooms. I'm aiming for Friday late morning or early afternoon.

Well, I've booked a room, tentative for Thurs and for sure Fri. Can't wait. Y'all have been warned. :wink:

• Member Contributer

GR... what venue are Molly Hatchet playing at? Do we need tickets in advance... open seating?? I think there may be a few people wanting to go... Please let us know. Thanks...

http://slingingiron.com/

That is the link but I couldn't get it to load! I have sent them an email requesting info and will post after I receive.

The sponsor of the event, Slinging Iron, is a gun shop/club and not a motorcycle group. They have a $2000 prize poker run route on Saturday that will include Push. I say we do a run or two on Push and show them what slinging iron is really all about! ;-)

Archived