Second Annual Hog Tie - Sep 13-15, 2013 - Event Thread

Yokel

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

Sweet! See ya Thursday!

I'm good for Thurs-Sat.

Want the fast group this time, however my Contimotions don't stick as well as my Q2's did. I'll manage.

2thdr please bring your liter bike.

• Member Contributer

I will be starting out in front of the fast group, but, whomever feels like going the fastest on any given stretch of road will be leading the fast group. The only specific of the fast group is to ride at your own pace and within your abilities. And yes, you are certainly welcome to join us. We will determine which roads to ride the evening before or on the fly. Whatever the group wants to do!

Sounds Great! I'll be at the Hub Friday afternoon/early evening... Saturday will be the ride for me!

"...ride at your own pace and within your abilities..." Always good advice :fing02:

• Member Contributer

I'm good for Thurs-Sat.

Want the fast group this time, however my Contimotions don't stick as well as my Q2's did. I'll manage.

2thdr please bring your liter bike.

So glad you can make it Rob...your youthful humor will be appreciated! Sorry for you and me I can't bring the CB1R this trip...two up with the wife on the ST.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

• Member Contributer

Where we/I go on Saturday really depends on where we ride on Thursday and Friday. Apparently there is no one that will be in the fast group besides myself and Nick...so I guess it doesn't really matter!

I most likely will ride with you on Saturday...........So wipe those tears away!!

Unless this is going to be a "Marks fast pace" then I'm out.

Saturday morning ride will be from the Hub to Jasper to Mt Judea to Lurton picking up 16 across to 7 and back to the Hub for lunch. Saturday afternoon will be from the Hub to Jasper taking 74 across to Ponca then 43 up to Harrison and 7 back to the Hub. I can't seem to figure out the maps so I will just give a copy to the folks that want to join the "slow" group lol. We will eventually catch up to everyone else.

Just in case you are not familiar with the area...when you get to Lurton you turn right/north on 7. I know that some maps show it as 16, but it is actually scenic 7 highway. 16 just shares it for several miles until it turns east or west.

Where we/I go on Saturday really depends on where we ride on Thursday and Friday. Apparently there is no one that will be in the fast group besides myself and Nick...so I guess it doesn't really matter!

I most likely will ride with you on Saturday...........So wipe those tears away!!

The pace should be similar to any of our prior rides. Discussions on which group to ride with can develop at the Hub. Also we will discuss all the particulars and make route/distance/stands up decisions in person at the potluck dinner. Only a couple days to go!!!

• Member Contributer

The pace should be similar to any of our prior rides. Discussions on which group to ride with can develop at the Hub. Also we will discuss all the particulars and make route/distance/stands up decisions in person at the potluck dinner. Only a couple days to go!!!

Better yet.....one more day of work to go!!!

• Member Contributer

RoadToed, I just reaized you're from STL!

We have some awesome roads to and from this area. Check out the links on Post #201.

... there's great riding in your back yard!

...Rush we should get together and ride washington county one of these weekends.

Sounds GREAT!!!

I look forward to it...

'OOYeller is from STL too... he's riding a Multistrada now, but we could get together a ride. There's one or two others that I haven't met... yet :)

:tour:

• Member Contributer

Well it looks like Dutch and I are in for this weekend. We will be riding in Saturday afternoon. We are planning on meeting in Ozark around noon, then working our way to the Hub. See you guys there.

• Member Contributer

Well it looks like Dutch and I are in for this weekend. We will be riding in Saturday afternoon. We are planning on meeting in Ozark around noon, then working our way to the Hub. See you guys there.

:fing02:

• Member Contributer

Weather on Friday, Saturday, Sunday looks Perfect! Highs in low 80's and dry. Thursday's ride in will be muggy and hot with chance of a thunder boomer...oh well...Good test for the new Rev 'It gear.

• Member Contributer

Good call. Absolutely nothing worse in motorcycling than sporting colors of different shades!

I knew you would understand my dilemma...

• Member Contributer

checked in at the Hub. 00Yeller and myself thus far. New PP2CT's courtesy of Gloryracing wedged on the viffer along with some brake pads. riding in the morning then prepping for the festivities!

GAME ON!!!

Get those scooters out here!!!

• Member Contributer

Can someone who has checked in let Rod put his stuff in their room Friday AM until I check in Friday afternoon? Please let me know. Thanks...

• Member Contributer

I made it to Amarillo this evening, only took 15 hours! 4 hours in the worst rain I have ever rode in my life.

I was held up an hour waiting on White Sands in NM to perform some missile drills or something. Hoping Roll into Harrison late tomorrow afternoon.

See y'all then.

+eb0

• Member Contributer

Can someone who has checked in let Rod put his stuff in their room Friday AM until I check in Friday afternoon?  Please let me know.  Thanks...

He can stow it in our room if he needs to Rush.

Sent from my crazy hand held thingy using Tapatalk 2

• Member Contributer

Can someone who has checked in let Rod put his stuff in their room Friday AM until I check in Friday afternoon? Please let me know. Thanks...

Ditto

I made it to Amarillo this evening, only took 15 hours! 4 hours in the worst rain I have ever rode in my life.

I was held up an hour waiting on White Sands in NM to perform some missile drills or something. Hoping Roll into Harrison late tomorrow afternoon.

See y'all then.

+eb0

Looks like that storm is still nipping at your heels! Ride safe! See you this afternoon.

• Member Contributer

Ditto

Thanks guys! I'll tell him to look for you Friday AM. I told him to arrive a little before 9... is this a good time or should he get there earlier?

Archived