Second Annual Hog Tie - Sep 13-15, 2013 - Event Thread

Yokel

• Member Contributer

Looks like I am in

Viffer is not rolling at the moment but will bring a cbr if it is not roadworthy by then

Hopefully arrive thurs nite late and stay until Sunday

What is riding gear list to pack?

Do you mean what is the weather likely to be and what type of gear to wear? Or do you mean what generally to bring on your trip? Camping or not?

Too far out to forecast weather, but usually it will still be warm for this ride. Rain is always possible depending on fronts moving through or not. Mornings are usually coolish, with temps in 60's and 70's and afternoons in the 80's to 90's. Humidity is fairly high, but probably similar to where you are from.

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess my question regarding riding gear was to gauge what to bring?

Track leathers/boots/ gloves or jackets /street boots etc

I am assuming the group isn't manboobs in halter tops

If so, I'm out after some phone pics are sent people on my $hitlist

Looking forward to the weekend

• Member Contributer

I guess my question regarding riding gear was to gauge what to bring?

Track leathers/boots/ gloves or jackets /street boots etc

I am assuming the group isn't manboobs in halter tops

If so, I'm out after some phone pics are sent people on my $hitlist

Looking forward to the weekend

Whatever makes you happy...I wear full gear as most everyone does. I don't wear my track leathers simply because my storage is limited and they aren't very versatile for changing weather...

• Member Contributer

When it comes to gear, I'd recommend some good, sturdy protective stuff at a minimum. The roads can be technical, and there are occasional gravel drives etc... that put crap on the roads, and there's always the chance for the odd animal.

I wear a two-piece textile suit, sturdy boots and some gloves at all times when in AR riding. There were some Triumph guys I rode with out there in APR of 2012, 7 riders went down and 3 were injured enough to merit a trip to the hospital.

It was rainy those days and a few were riding beyond their margin.

Make sure you're able to shed some layers. 2thdr is right, mornings are cool and the highs will be in the mid to upper 80's historically.

It will NOT rain. *crosses fingers*

• Member Contributer

[quote name="Yokel" post="906010"

It will NOT rain.  *crosses fingers*

I assume you found another sacrificial virgin?

Sent from my crazy hand held thingy using Tapatalk 2

• Member Contributer

I assume you found another sacrificial virgin?

Yes.

Behold:

alg-kim-kardashian-closeup-jpg.jpg

:goofy:

We'll be doing the world a service and guaranteeing good weather at the same time!

• Member Contributer

Ummm.... negative on the virginity.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

• Member Contributer

Well done Jon, well done. I must side with Steve though, I think she lost that title years ago, no matter what she told you lol.

• Member Contributer

Leanit, tell us how you really feel about her! LOL

All I know about those women is their last name, that one of them is having babies with a rapper/hip hop schmuck, and that I'm glad they don't seem to appear on my non-cable HD broadcast TV...

• Member Contributer

Is it too late to get a room for this event? I am thinking about making the trip from Arizona to Arkansas.

+eb0

• Member Contributer

I sure hope not! Google "The Hub, Marble Falls, Arkansas". You have to call to check availability. If they are full let us know and we will find you someone to room with.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

• Member Contributer

Shouldn't be a problem on rooms. All the guys at work that said they wanted to go have backed out. I booked 2 rooms in planning for them going so I will call Debbie Monday and cancel the other room. Hope you can make it.

• Member Contributer

I booked my hotel room today, so I am in. Plan on arriving on Thursday night, travel all day Wednesday from AZ, stopping in Amarillo or somewhere near there. Then arriving Thursday night, staying through Monday morning and making the trip back to AZ.

+eb0

• Member Contributer

I booked my hotel room today, so I am in. Plan on arriving on Thursday night, travel all day Wednesday from AZ, stopping in Amarillo or somewhere near there. Then arriving Thursday night, staying through Monday morning and making the trip back to AZ.

+eb0

Great! Look forward to seeing you there. I'll be in Thursday night as well. I've got you on the list.

Looks like I am in

Viffer is not rolling at the moment but will bring a cbr if it is not roadworthy by then

Hopefully arrive thurs nite late and stay until Sunday

What is riding gear list to pack?

I've got you on the list! See you there!

That's a total of 22 confirmed! Woohoo!

• Member Contributer

Leslie & I will be leaving out Thursday morning if anyone wants to run with us.....can't wait.

Count 2 added on this. I'm sure my buddy Steve will join me in hauling out with you two.

• Member Contributer

• Member Contributer

• Member Contributer

Oil changed, reasonably fresh rubber, Spiegler SS braided brake lines & LSL superbike bars installed! I'm ready!!!!

Are we there yet?

• Member Contributer

Yup, thank goodness that was as I pulled into my garage at the end of the trip home. The rear currently has about ~200 miles on it I swear! The front has a couple thousand but it is wearing well and shouldn't be an issue :cool:

Archived