Second Annual Hog Tie - Sep 13-15, 2013 - Event Thread

Yokel

• Member Contributer

..They have a $2000 prize poker run route on Saturday that will include Push. I say we do a run or two on Push and show them what slinging iron is really all about! ;-)

One the one hand I say Hell Yeah!!!

... on the other hand I want to stay far away from the LEOs and 900 lb HD missiles crossing the center lines when they start scrapping hard parts...

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

..They have a $2000 prize poker run route on Saturday that will include Push.  I say we do a run or two on Push and show them what slinging iron is really all about!  ;-)

... on the other hand I want to stay far away from the LEOs and 900 lb HD missiles crossing the center lines when they start scrapping hard parts...

I'm glad the scenic route is planned for heading north on Saturday. I will get the routes posted up this weekend.

Sent from my crazy hand held thingy using Tapatalk 2

• Member Contributer

Well this is the second year I missed you guys by a week, I stayed in the Jasper area over Labor Day Holiday, It was hot hot last weekend, we did all the good roads that yokel listed and the road surfaces were in good shape but I've seen better over the years but still excellent. Check your speed in and out of Jasper to early arrivals as school is in and the police show themselves, one more thing small bills are appreciated by the locals when your refueling in the middle of nowhere. Maybe I can join next year, be smooth.

• Member Contributer

Well this is the second year I missed you guys by a week, I stayed in the Jasper area over Labor Day Holiday, It was hot hot last weekend, we did all the good roads that yokel listed and the road surfaces were in good shape but I've seen better over the years but still excellent. Check your speed in and out of Jasper to early arrivals as school is in and the police show themselves, one more thing small bills are appreciated by the locals when your refueling in the middle of nowhere. Maybe I can join next year, be smooth.

You must have seen all the Super Moto guys then. Jasper is known for speed traps! We ran 123 and some others that weekend. Should have looked us up...we had a thread going...

• Member Contributer

I've been considering this trip after my recovery. Now I'm recovered. I was considering a trip to visit and ride with Olive and some of our Canadian Crew. But it appears from Olive's weather tables I'm a little late to avoid a snowy ride. So I'm going to save that trip for next year. IF I can catch Olive at home. Seems she does not spend much of her summers there, preferring everywhere else.

I have a trip to our local riding Meca in SW Wisconsin with PairOfAces and another buddy for Tues - Thurs. I could ride from there to join you Riding Maniacs and get a taste of Southern Hospitality. I'll check out the distance and see if that's a possibility. I'd love to meet some more of this great VFRD family. I'll keep this thread posted. Hope there are still rooms available.

Just checked. I could start out Thurs. am, 9/12. It's 12 hours to Harrison, so that would be a Long day; may need to make it a day and a half trip. Thats doable. I'll call and see if there are rooms. If not, I could camp.

Well, I've booked a room, tentative for Thurs and for sure Fri. Can't wait. Y'all have been warned. :wink:

I've got you on the list, Terry.

Looking forward to seeing you!

-Jon

• Member Contributer

Dang I wish I knew you guys were in the area, we stayed at Crawfords Cabins 3 miles north of Jasper, saw a lot cruisers thats a good thing i guess, but only 4 sporting type bikes, 2 around Mt Judea and a couple on 341 you guys are are gonna have a blast! and ya don't have to go to Big Flat for adult beverages now that Harrison is Wet

..They have a $2000 prize poker run route on Saturday that will include Push. I say we do a run or two on Push and show them what slinging iron is really all about! ;-)

I'm glad the scenic route is planned for heading north on Saturday. I will get the routes posted up this weekend.

Sent from my crazy hand held thingy using Tapatalk 2

I was just joking about the push run on Saturday. Friday would be a good day for Push. However, the rally riders will be North of us! I do not know the actual route of the Poker run but they mentioned BS dam and Norfork Dam and 341. Those are all NORTH and East of the Hub. Most of the good stuff is south of the Hub.

• Member Contributer

Update-

I'll be heading to Harrison Wednesday AM bright and early. Managed to score a 5-day weekend... 2 weeks in a row.

Who else is coming out early? :goofy::wheel::woohoo::bliss:

• Member Contributer

Update-

I'll be heading to Harrison Wednesday AM bright and early. Managed to score a 5-day weekend... 2 weeks in a row.

Who else is coming out early? :goofy::wheel::woohoo::bliss:

Rod on the BMW S1000RR is riding in early on Friday AM (he lives in AR) I'm trying to get there early Friday... can't tell yet with work.

• Member Contributer

Hope to be down for one full day, that would be Sunday. Whats the plan on Sunday? any rides going on? Still trying to clear it with the old lady. I did finally got down the the area 3 weeks ago and I am hooked. The roads down there are amazing and Only 5 hrs away from home if I take the intersate. But I am thinking of coming down Saturday. I work Friday night and don't get back till 8am. So either I sleep a few hours after I get home then head down or ride down after work and go to bed early sat. night. Sitting at about 65% chance I make it down so I don't want to book a room yet. Think I will have any problems getting a room or would anyone have place to crash in there room for saturday?

No, I don't think you'll have any trouble with a room.

I'm not sure who will still be up for riding on Sunday, I may still be around for that day.

• Member Contributer

Hope to be down for one full day, that would be Sunday. Whats the plan on Sunday? any rides going on? Still trying to clear it with the old lady. I did finally got down the the area 3 weeks ago and I am hooked. The roads down there are amazing and Only 5 hrs away from home if I take the intersate. But I am thinking of coming down Saturday. I work Friday night and don't get back till 8am. So either I sleep a few hours after I get home then head down or ride down after work and go to bed early sat. night. Sitting at about 65% chance I make it down so I don't want to book a room yet. Think I will have any problems getting a room or would anyone have place to crash in there room for saturday?

I'm not sure who will still be up for riding on Sunday, I may still be around for that day.

Leslie and I will be heading back home Sunday morning.

• Member Contributer

Leslie and I will be heading back home Sunday morning.

I'm heading home on Sunday too...

350 miles of tastey Ozark tidbits on the way.... :wheel:

• Member Contributer

RoadToed, I just reaized you're from STL!

We have some awesome roads to and from this area. Check out the links on Post #201. The roads in Northern AR to get to the HUb on the last leg of the journey are ok but the stuff in mid to southern MO are awesome! Tough to come all the way to AR for just one day... there's great riding in your back yard!gallery_19432_5583_140745.jpg

• Member Contributer

I'll ride Sunday. I'm Retired - no schedual to keep. :cheerleader:

You retired people are killing me........thats it, im retiring. :cheerleader:

Kept man toy...

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

• Member Contributer

Kept man toy...

:fing02:

• Member Contributer

Kept man toy...

:fing02:

:beer::cool:

Going to be in Harrison Wednesday. Think there may be some morning runabout on Thursday if anyone is showing early, let me know!

Just heard from my Louisiana riding buddy...he will be up for the ride this weekend as well. Please add Nick to the attendee list. He rides a purty red '10 VFR as well. Unfortunately, he does not have purty red Held gloves.

• Member Contributer

Just heard from my Louisiana riding buddy...he will be up for the ride this weekend as well. Please add Nick to the attendee list. He rides a purty red '10 VFR as well. Unfortunately, he does not have purty red Held gloves.

Added.

You know... I was worried about you being able to get some mileage out of those gloves as they looked purty near worn out...

Glad to see that they're able to get a "different" kind of mileage... by being the punch-line to a joke or two. Hahaha! :happy:

I'll give you a dollar if you ride with them all day one day and manage to keep Ellen speaking to you. :goofy:

Wow, 29 confirmed attendees.

Can we make it a last-minute 40?

gallery_23869_6751_16179.png

Get prepared to be separated from your dollar! I have already worn them for a ride and they do great.
The biggest problem is at gas stops...other riders keep coming over and wanting to buy them! Unfortunately I have to turn them down as 2thDr is first in line to acquire.

If Nick trailers up, I will ask if he can bring some kind of Louisiana dish/vittles for the Friday nite gathering. Can you say spicy!

• Member Contributer

Looking forward to meeting Nick! Some authentic Cajun food would be awesome...I'm going to have to sell my bike before I acquire the red gloves...they would just clash with the purdy little blue bits on my current ride...

• Member Contributer

Looking forward to meeting Nick! Some authentic Cajun food would be awesome...I'm going to have to sell my bike before I acquire the red gloves...they would just clash with the purdy little blue bits on my current ride...

Folding_CB1000R_Blue.JPG

:ohmy::ph34r:

Archived