Second Annual Hog Tie - Sep 13-15, 2013 - Event Thread

Yokel

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

Just heard from my Louisiana riding buddy...he will be up for the ride this weekend as well. Please add Nick to the attendee list. He rides a purty red '10 VFR as well. Unfortunately, he does not have purty red Held gloves.

Added.

You know... I was worried about you being able to get some mileage out of those gloves as they looked purty near worn out...

Glad to see that they're able to get a "different" kind of mileage... by being the punch-line to a joke or two. Hahaha! :happy:

I'll give you a dollar if you ride with them all day one day and manage to keep Ellen speaking to you. :goofy:

Wow, 29 confirmed attendees.

Can we make it a last-minute 40?

gallery_23869_6751_16179.png

stars have aligned! see y'all around sun down on friday!

• Member Contributer

RoadToed, I just reaized you're from STL!

We have some awesome roads to and from this area. Check out the links on Post #201. The roads in Northern AR to get to the HUb on the last leg of the journey are ok but the stuff in mid to southern MO are awesome! Tough to come all the way to AR for just one day... there's great riding in your back yard!gallery_19432_5583_140745.jpg

Yep that looks like the route I took back a few weeks ago. Only spent a day in AR but it was worth it. Would do it again. My niece is having her 1st birthday party on Sunday. I know she won't know if I am there or not but my sister will and she'll hold it against me. So I don't think I'll be there.

Rush we should get together and ride washington county one of these weekends.

• Member Contributer

I'll wager your 1 year old niece would know you were there and not forget it if you took her for a spin in circles on the VFR in front of you...

• Member Contributer

Just heard from my Louisiana riding buddy...he will be up for the ride this weekend as well. Please add Nick to the attendee list. He rides a purty red '10 VFR as well. Unfortunately, he does not have purty red Held gloves.

Added.

You know... I was worried about you being able to get some mileage out of those gloves as they looked purty near worn out...

Glad to see that they're able to get a "different" kind of mileage... by being the punch-line to a joke or two. Hahaha! :happy:

I'll give you a dollar if you ride with them all day one day and manage to keep Ellen speaking to you. :goofy:

Wow, 29 confirmed attendees.

Can we make it a last-minute 40?

gallery_23869_6751_16179.png

stars have aligned! see y'all around sun down on friday!

Awesome! See ya there!

You are.

I'm doing Honor Guard for my base right now and this week looks kinda busy for funerals.

I may or may not attend, its all kinda based on a variable situation.

My leave is in but that crap can get shot down in a heartbeat--service before self.

Yay.

• Member Contributer

You are.

I'm doing Honor Guard for my base right now and this week looks kinda busy for funerals.

I may or may not attend, its all kinda based on a variable situation.

My leave is in but that crap can get shot down in a heartbeat--service before self.

Yay.

Well, keep us informed.

If you can't make it, we'll just have to do a make-up ride. ;)

On another note:

gallery_23869_6751_80355.png

Just putting that out there.

• Member Contributer

Another weather source, Accuweather is putting up a 40% chance of thunderstorms on Thursday...might bring the rain gear... rest of weekend looks great!

2 days and counting...

• Member Contributer

It's not going to rain.

Sacrificial Virgin, remember?!

Yeah, but I think we agreed she wasn't really virgin material, so maybe a Thurs shower will happen, then all will be good...

It's not going to rain.

Yeah, but I think we agreed she wasn't really virgin material, so maybe a Thurs shower will happen, then all will be good...

Maybe we should have taken her first born...

• Member Contributer

I am expecting to ride in Thursday afternoon/evening to the HUB, I hope to *NOT* be riding through OK and AR in thunderstorms, fingers crossed!!

+eb0

• Member Contributer

I am expecting to ride in Thursday afternoon/evening to the HUB, I hope to *NOT* be riding through OK and AR in thunderstorms, fingers crossed!!

+eb0

You've only got a 20% chance Thursday... you're good!

It's not going to rain.

It's not going to rain.

Maybe we should have taken her first born...

:idea3::laughing6-hehe:

• Member Contributer

Yep...slight chance for brief showers ahead of the cool front on Thursday. Hey, a few minutes of cloudiness and rain in return for 4 days of cooler weather is ok by me!

Yeah, I'm loving the cooler temps forecast!

• Member Contributer

Ok,

So here is the route for the Friday scenic group. The Hub to Harrison to Peel Ferry to Lamberts Café then back down to Branson to Harrison back to the Hub. Trying to figure out how to add the map right now. If you have never seen Peel Ferry or had a meal at Lamberts it should be a treat.

• Member Contributer

Dang...I was just going to hop on the bike and say "Follow me, we're going this way..." LOL

Maybe I better rethink leading a group...

• Member Contributer

Dang...I was just going to hop on the bike and say "Follow me, we're going this way..." LOL

Maybe I better rethink leading a group...

That was my thought but I was instructed by the boss to give a little more information, and you know the boss is always right :laugh: .

Where we/I go on Saturday really depends on where we ride on Thursday and Friday. Apparently there is no one that will be in the fast group besides myself and Nick...so I guess it doesn't really matter!

• Member Contributer

I bet Rush2112 will join you and probably some others.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

• Member Contributer

I was looking for info on a fast pace... I know Rod is looking to ride with the fast group Friday ~ 9 AM. Where should he meet you guys? I can't get there until the afternoon/evening.

• Member Contributer

What fast pace info you looking for and maybe I can answer?

Rides will depart directly from the Hub. Rod is certainly welcome to join us. No determination yet regarding routes and departing times.

... who is leading the fast group and can I tag along

:wheel:

I will be starting out in front of the fast group, but, whomever feels like going the fastest on any given stretch of road will be leading the fast group. The only specific of the fast group is to ride at your own pace and within your abilities. And yes, you are certainly welcome to join us. We will determine which roads to ride the evening before or on the fly. Whatever the group wants to do!

• Member Contributer

Saturday morning ride will be from the Hub to Jasper to Mt Judea to Lurton picking up 16 across to 7 and back to the Hub for lunch. Saturday afternoon will be from the Hub to Jasper taking 74 across to Ponca then 43 up to Harrison and 7 back to the Hub. I can't seem to figure out the maps so I will just give a copy to the folks that want to join the "slow" group lol. We will eventually catch up to everyone else.

Archived