12-year old tires!

motormike

• Member Contributer

I just bought a 2001 VFR with original tires. I checked the date code and they were made in 2000. Oh, my!

I already have new tires in hand... I'm just waiting to find time to have them mounted on wheels.

Wow! How many miles on the bike?

4,060 or so.

If there not hard as a rock or dry rotted I would ride them around awhile myself.

OF COURSE ALL OEM Tires ON VFR"S were Junk so Trash'em!

BR

• Member Contributer

That's a beautiful piece of machinery you are rumored to have. But... :worthlesswithoutpics:I'll bet those tires were as cold and hard as my first wife's heart.

Can't wait to rock&roll with you pal. It's been a long time coming.

• Member Contributer

Burnout that rear till it pops!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe I am missing something here, but with the linked brakes isn't this impossible?

Even if you blocked the front wheel and could do it, I wouldn't want to clean up the melted rubber afterwards...

• Member Contributer

It is possible. :ph34r:

Whether or not it's a good idea is another question.

• 5 months later...

New tires mounted yesterday and wheels put back on tonight. No burnout.

Good for you and the envoirment, thro some here might be a bit disapointed...... :cheerleader:

Burnout that rear till it pops!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe I am missing something here, but with the linked brakes isn't this impossible?

Linked brakes only activate the rear when a substantial ammount of force is applied to the LF caliper by way of moderate to hard braking. This sort of braking cannot really be applied from a standstill. The rears at best would drag a little bit but no where near keep the rear from spinning.

Archived