The Franklin Motel, say bye!

Well on my way to check out the new Tmac HQ the Microtel Franklin I dropped by our old hang to see what was up.

No more play time with the sign.

post-301-0-56354700-1336006335.jpg

I can see why they went under after seeing how a few of our members left their rooms recently!

Here's Trace's room.

post-301-0-39235500-1336006496.jpg

I was shocked! :ohmy:

The office looked unkept.

post-301-0-70621800-1336006539.jpg

Guess their knocking it down to build a Walgreens or something.

post-301-0-48149100-1336006468.jpg

post-301-0-06926200-1336006433.jpg

I really hate to see it go, it's served us well and I think last years Tmac was the Best yet.

But Very Glad I followed my gutt and decided to move the Tmac Just in Case! :ph34r:

Hope the Microtel will work as well, I know it's cleaner.

BR

• Member Contributer

if it isnt leveled by the time I get there, I'm taking the script from the 2 level side.

Think it'll fit in my truck?

• Member Contributer

Sad to see the Franklin go.

On to Microtel!

Are there any other hotels in Franklin?

We will have to deal with those as well :ph34r:

Yea it was perfect for a group like ours to gather! I loved sitting outside around all the bikes and having your room right there.

Yea it was perfect for a group like ours to gather!

:+1: The whole design/layout was perfect. Sort of like circling the wagons for the night. It really encouraged camaraderie.

That really WAS my room! Good old #108.....sniff, sniff.... :sad:

Oh..those weren't sniffs from sad, teary eyes. It was sniffs of that stinkin' room! :laugh:

• Member Contributer

if it isnt leveled by the time I get there, I'm taking the script from the 2 level side.

Think it'll fit in my truck?

Better bring a paint scraper....or a saw. :tongue:

TMacPhotos-57.jpg

DTCH9471.jpg

• Member Contributer

Damn. So many awesome memories at that place. One thing I thought that was great about it was how many chairs they had outside the rooms. Most hotels would only have a handful at best. They had dozens. Since we're all on bikes bringing chairs is hard. Those chairs all outside the rooms is what I thought made it so ideal for hanging out and talking all night in the parking lot.

Better bring a paint scraper....or a saw. :tongue:

can we file this one in the

"we shall never speak of this."

catagory?

• Member Contributer

Tear in my beer. Love the sound of VFR's screaming down the hill right before entering in the parking lot at Franklin !!!

Damn. So many awesome memories at that place. One thing I thought that was great about it was how many chairs they had outside the rooms. Most hotels would only have a handful at best. They had dozens. Since we're all on bikes bringing chairs is hard. Those chairs all outside the rooms is what I thought made it so ideal for hanging out and talking all night in the parking lot.

I'm trying to rent chairs for our use at the Microtel! :smile:

• Member Contributer

Sad to see it go although I never made it there...hope to make TMAC one of these years... :smile:

100_0534.jpg

post-18972-127483416273.jpg

gallery_16240_5382_77202.jpg

post-301-093082600%201281833720.jpg

• Member Contributer

my first and only tmac 2010 (so far) i rolled into the franklin around 2pm on tuesday. i believe there were a few vfrs already there. I had taken off around 8 pm the friday before from panana, ne and had covered around 2000 miles ( i have been known to not take the most direct route) down south through kansas, southeast to southern missour and northern arkansas, eastern kentucky, south to nashville, and eastward toward franklin. what a fantastic ride. anyway after rolling in around 2pm on tuesday, i was ready for a beer and a swim. sat down pool side and just took in all in. next thing i know i am being kicked out of the pool. did not pass inspection and was told to leave the pool area.....lol. was told re inspection might happen sometime soon. so i set up a chair outside my room in the parking lot and took in a few brews and some sunshine. might even dosed off a bit. next thing i know a young man and his wife from florida ask if the sun shined in nebraska....lol. well it was may and well no the sun really hadn't shined that much so far this spring. riding in that area through friday was just a plan a blast!

good bye franklin, glad i can say i was there at least once!

post-9578-0-85711000-1336195029.jpg

Archived