2012 VFRD SumSum x2 - August 14 – 17th

didit

• Member Contributer

Hmmmm... TMAC or SumSum... or both? Either way, can't avoid the superslab.

Hey Stillwater, I live in Richfield and am planning on attending both. If you decide to go, PM me if you'd care for company on the ride.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay, the wife just cranked through the first pass of our taxes for this year ... and it looks like we're getting a nice little refund this year.

Woo-hoo!

Why am I so excited? Because that's what going to be paying for $5 a gallon gas for two mo-mo's, a ton of motel nights, and too many curvy roads and distant horizons at the SumSum. And points beyond.

C'm-o-o-n-n-nnn .... summer.

- ET

Not sure if I can go this year. I so want to. Love Colorado and the ride to and back. Still working on it though. The pressure is building.

• Member Contributer

Okay, a little catch up.

Day rides are all planned, mapped and working on best lunch spots for each - calling each location direct to prepare them for our groups, maybe a lunch special

that works for everyone (time, price and kitchen convenience). There will be huge maps of each day option at the meet HQ, with take away maps, sign ups and more.

Not wanting to start posting overload of stuff here, makes for too many sign up lists which most forget by the time they've been riding for a few days to get there and the

testosterone (or estrogen) are in high flow for the sheer excitement of the meet.

For those who are still 'thinking' on it, we'll be starting to calculate counts for dinners, swag bags, badges and more. Time fly's! Don't get caught by the cut off.

I've been squirreling away $100 a month for the last 5 months to make sure I'm covered for the basics (gas / lodging / food / beer). I don't get tax refunds so I must prepare.

Once I have more info on the confirmed sponsors, I'll post that up - same as the T-shirt design and the ever popular

"Special Edition Custom Must Be There To Get It Meet Memorial Long Sleeve Wicable". Only available once every 3 years. That's less than Santa!

Guaranteed there will be a few additional surprises too.

I still remember the totally awesome feeling, during the ride down, having more and more VFR's join the group.

Seeing E-ticket on the side of the road with a map, as his head lifted to the site and sound of 11 VFR's rolling by. "Yup, this is the right way to Colorado".

• Member Contributer

DAMMMMM, how is a guy to work when August is so far away... COME ON SUMMER.

Didit are u planning a long venture down to S. colorado or??

Choco.. what do you mean you might not go. Tam will not be happy to hear that.

ET are you going to get FA to put the dirt bikes away till after the trip this year.

• Member Contributer

Heading down will be a very direct - get it done in 3 days kind of trip. Have the route planned.

Potential for return to dip down through NM, AZ, bottom of CA and back through the mountains - hitting the Wonder road Jeff & I found last time.

• Member Contributer

UPDATE: The host hotel report: 13 of 20 rooms at $89 in the VFRD block are booked. Once the block is filled, the rate will go up.

Be early and get your room booked. More to come.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, a little catch up.

Day rides are all planned, mapped and working on best lunch spots for each - calling each location direct to prepare them for our groups, maybe a lunch special

that works for everyone (time, price and kitchen convenience). There will be huge maps of each day option at the meet HQ, with take away maps, sign ups and more.

Not wanting to start posting overload of stuff here, makes for too many sign up lists which most forget by the time they've been riding for a few days to get there and the

testosterone (or estrogen) are in high flow for the sheer excitement of the meet.

For those who are still 'thinking' on it, we'll be starting to calculate counts for dinners, swag bags, badges and more. Time fly's! Don't get caught by the cut off.

I've been squirreling away $100 a month for the last 5 months to make sure I'm covered for the basics (gas / lodging / food / beer). I don't get tax refunds so I must prepare.

Once I have more info on the confirmed sponsors, I'll post that up - same as the T-shirt design and the ever popular

"Special Edition Custom Must Be There To Get It Meet Memorial Long Sleeve Wicable". Only available once every 3 years. That's less than Santa!

Guaranteed there will be a few additional surprises too.

I still remember the totally awesome feeling, during the ride down, having more and more VFR's join the group.

Seeing E-ticket on the side of the road with a map, as his head lifted to the site and sound of 11 VFR's rolling by. "Yup, this is the right way to Colorado".

You forgot to mention ... at an interesection ... in the middle of nowhere!!

That was so trippy. :^)

DAMMMMM, how is a guy to work when August is so far away... COME ON SUMMER.

Choco.. what do you mean you might not go. Tam will not be happy to hear that.

ET are you going to get FA to put the dirt bikes away till after the trip this year.

Yes. We've already had the talk. (g)

• 3 weeks later...

Wish i could be there...the first one was pure awesomeness and good times. Learned a great card game from some Canucks, met a ton of great people and had some good riding as well.

Enjoy the swag I send...I wish I was coming instead.

• Forum CEO

C'mon-n-n-n .... August.

Man, I'm ready to leave now.

I mean, I'm not "ready" to go .... but really r-e-a-d-y to find some distant horizons.

Know what I mean, Verne?

HMM Tmac is in a week - nothing stopping ya from that! Thats the big one we do every year in the deals gap area down south! I am goin. The only hard part is crossing the plains but thats a day and a half tops, oh maybe the desert UT, NV?

• Member Contributer

First VFRD trip!! Just booked hotel and event. Look forward to the trip!!

+eb0

(pluseb0)

• Member Contributer

Leaving Friday to slab it to Bend OR to see my Sister for 1 day ( Her and family just moved there from Atlanta ). Then book it to the meet. Arrive Tuesday night.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

Just registered. My summer looks busy, so I was hanging back. Then I saw all the fun that was had at TMAC ... so I made an executive decision: I'll plan my August around the summit rather than trying to fit it in :idea3: (why didn't I think of that sooner?)

• Member Contributer

I still remember when on one of the group day rides, we had been ahead of another VFRD group and we stopped for a drink at a gas station. They went by and waved. We got going again and a short time later we passed that group as they were all pulled over by a couple of Sheriff's because they (the man) had gotten a call about a group of bikers passing on double yellow. It couldn't have been us (the first group) doing that passing, right)? Luckily no awards were handed-out. Hope to attend August. Later, Mark

• Member Contributer

I still remember when on one of the group day rides, we had been ahead of another VFRD group and we stopped for a drink at a gas station. They went by and waved. We got going again and a short time later we passed that group as they were all pulled over by a couple of Sheriff's because they (the man) had gotten a call about a group of bikers passing on double yellow. It couldn't have been us (the first group) doing that passing, right)? Luckily no awards were handed-out. Hope to attend August. Later, Mark

Hey i was in said group 2..... And really thought the pulling over was warranted. But we used the excuse of there was many groups going thru here and then group 1 passed :)

• Member Contributer

Hey! I resemble that remark. Took one for the team but the team pitched in for relief.

• Member Contributer

Just reserved the room and signed up! I had such an wonderful time in Dillon and expect this will be even better!

• Member Contributer

Finally got my act together and booked room / signed up. Been busy and the crappy network computers at work with antiquated browser settings now do not display VFRD correctly (i get a blank page with the logo) so I rarely have time to surf at home now..... Excuses I know, but I finally got around to it.

Anyhow, I volunteered to be sweeper for group ride since I usually like to ride near the rear of the group anyway and not push too hard in the larger group rides, but you can use me however you want if you need a helper for anything else, Tony.

I really enjoyed the Dillon meet and look forward to the reunion and seeing some new faces also.

Well back to working on the bike..... I've been missing out on some riding due to not being fully prepared for the level of work required to install the Daugherty-modified 929 shock that I bought. Not a straightforward bolt-in affair for sure, and I did not realize how hard it would be to get the brake bracket out that requires modifications. I am hoping to do a bit of a write-up so others might benefit, but time's a wastin'!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

Now that is it officially summer and finally some proper sunshine here in Vancouver, I gotta start thinking about putting some kilometers on the ol'bike!

Just reserved a room for the meet! There was one left at the VFRD rate.

Now to plan a route. See y'all there!

• Member Contributer

Now that is it officially summer and finally some proper sunshine here in Vancouver, I gotta start thinking about putting some kilometers on the ol'bike!

Just reserved a room for the meet! There was one left at the VFRD rate.

Now to plan a route. See y'all there!

Past time to start building up butt calosuses.

btw Love your town. And Province!

Archived