2012 VFRD SumSum x2 - August 14 – 17th

didit

• Member Contributer

Past time to start building up butt calosuses.

btw Love your town. And Province!

Actually I've been riding my road and mountain bikes for three months doing just that! Trying to get in shape.

Cheers.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

By day 3 your butt will be calosused all up and will be ready for the rest of the trip/.......

Is it August yet. :)

I just signed up, no motel room, I live here! So cool, I'm a new VFR owner, new VFRD member, and find that there's a meet right here in my home town. We've had Valkyrie, BMW, and various other brand/model meets here in past years. For all that haven't been here before, you'll love it. The riding is great!

• Member Contributer

Too cool Buzzard, will be our knowledge within.... See ya in 5 weeks :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

The local Honda dealer, Davis Service Center is sponsoring with some prizes. They have also offered the following for anyone attending who wants to arrange for new tires to be installed.

VFRD Pre-Ride in Tire Special

Call us before the rally and we will have your tires waiting and ready to install.

We will schedule you an appointment so you can get back to riding as soon as possible. Prices are as follows.

Roadsmart II 120/70ZR17 FRT VFR 800's $149.00

Roadsmart II 180/55ZR17 Rear VFR800's $199.00

Road Pilot 3 Metzler 120/70ZR17 VFR1200 Front $179.00

Road Pilot 3 Metzler 190/55ZR17 VFR1200 Rear $249.00

Or let us know your favorite tire and we will see what we can do.

Installation front and back $112.50 or $60.00 each (front or back).

Feel free to call with questions or talk to Lindsay in parts and book under the VFRD SumSum Meet deal.

Thank you,

Lincoln Davis

Davis Service Center

2380 East Main

Montrose, CO 81401

1-970-249-8161

1-800-551-1107

• 3 weeks later...

Finally got my act together and booked room / signed up. Been busy and the crappy network computers at work with antiquated browser settings now do not display VFRD correctly (i get a blank page with the logo) so I rarely have time to surf at home now..... Excuses I know, but I finally got around to it.

Anyhow, I volunteered to be sweeper for group ride since I usually like to ride near the rear of the group anyway and not push too hard in the larger group rides, . . . . .

I remember something about you sweeping the Lolo Pass Highway and passing a certain vehicle you probably shouldn't a outta passed.

• Member Contributer

Well, nuts. I have to put my daughter's old horse down next Wednesday and won't be able to make it to the meet. I was really looking forward to meeting everyone. You guys better take lot of pics!

Maybe next year....

I was really wanting to be in on this but I'm actually going to be in Winterpark with the Wife the 9th -12th sans VFR. I told her the meet was just around the bend persay and I could bring the bike with and extend the vacation. But then she reminded me that pre K school starts for our oldest (3.5 yo) son next week. So . . . . Sum Sum 2013 or 2014?!? . . .2015!!

• Member Contributer

Well, nuts. I have to put my daughter's old horse down next Wednesday and won't be able to make it to the meet. I was really looking forward to meeting everyone. You guys better take lot of pics!

Maybe next year....

Sorry to hear. PM your address or arrange for someone to pick up your swag bag & shirt.

• Member Contributer

Oh my is this fun! Beyond the great rides, the great weather, the parking lot parties and the fabulous local food, the people are outstanding! Tonights dinner will be epic. You all should have been here. Oh well, there's always 2015 :-)

• Member Contributer

Pictures! I need more pictures, seeing as I can't be there I really need more pictures!!!!

please.......

• Member Contributer

^^^ Why are you posting that here? Lol...that was in another country...not Colorado. :laughing6-hehe:

And +1 to Tyke...need pics! I know you are all too busy out riding right now and drinking at night but don't forget to feed the animals!

Lee2002 is HOME!!!!

Glad you are safe, jeez you blasted all the way home? how many miles was that?

~ 800 miles in 15 hours by the route I took. (that included 13 miles out-n-back on gravel just to get a shot for the calendar (26 miles total)) I also did some sightseeing in the Dodge City Diocese to get some photos of some wonderful imigrant built churches. There were stretches of CO/KS 96 and K 4 where I did over 90mph for 15 to 20 miles at a time without seeing another vehicle. The VFR is a real time machine.

• Member Contributer

CVVFR, jfviffer & I just landed in Needles, CA - 42 deg in the shade. Lots of slab and straight through route 66.

But tomorrow, off to the Secoia's and the 190 to Porterville. This is what made Jeff come with us.

Had a freaken awesome time!! Will assemble and post the videos once home with a proper computer.

What a wicked time. Those waiting for pictures will have to be patient - should have been there.

Make sure you save your money and book the time in Aug. 2015 for the Sumsum Cubed. TBA.

Wait till you all read about the fun. I'll let everyone else post about it, as I am biased.

I got to have so much fun with everyone!!!

Archived