Fu Fu Fu!!!!!!!!!!

Dutchy

• Member Contributer

ck

Wanted to get on my bike to go for the Xrunner test ride....................

9789c82b.jpg

Eur 225 later..... :pissed:

981412b7.jpg

Might as well fill the state's tax coffers as well then...... biggrin.gif

e2d6661e.jpg

I went to Edmonton on Monday with the bike, and found a staple or finishing nail in the tire, leaking slowly. None of the shops in the big city would fix it for "liability" reasons.

I came home and took the wheel the local cycle repair place, 25 bucks cash and they put in an internal plug/patch. Done!!!

• Member Contributer

Dutchy,

A rack that works with the grab handles?! (On a 4th GEN) Do you know the brand/manufacturer?

Thanks!

Although it is :offtopic: , I want to reply to say that it could be a Renntec like the one here or here (neither one shows a pic on a 4th gen, but that might be the same mfr.) Or ... it might not.

Dutchy, sorry to hear about the old tire - but the new one looks good!

Ron

• Member Contributer

So you all don't have the Road3 yet? When I was at Cycle Gear a few weeks ago, they didn't even have any PR2 on the shelf, only the PR3. Just curious about how it goes on your side of the pond.

So you all don't have the Road3 yet? When I was at Cycle Gear a few weeks ago, they didn't even have any PR2 on the shelf, only the PR3. Just curious about how it goes on your side of the pond.

Yes, you can get PR (budget tire), PR2 & PR3. I recently had the choice of getting PR2 or PR3 and went with the PR2. I am a little worried gravel will get trapped in the narrow sipes and will increase the chance of getting a puncture.

• Member Contributer

Beggars can't be choosers...... :biggrin:

If this was a planned tire change I would have shopped around and probably could have saved 30 euros or so. Finding a cheaper place and bring the rim in.

Well, my wife and son left me, taking the car with them............

To visit family in Luxemburg.... :laughing6-hehe:

And with Arie Molenaar 3 kms away.....

I like my tires matched, and with the front still good, I went for another PR2 ( :beer: Carlito)

Scrubbed the rear in ok today, but will post that in another section here on VFRD...

• Member Contributer

Dutchy,

A rack that works with the grab handles?! (On a 4th GEN) Do you know the brand/manufacturer?

Thanks!

38087ebe.jpg

I got it from Thurn 13 years ago and they still sell it :fing02:

They sell 2 varieties, I got the one at the bottom

http://www.thurn-motorsport.de/html/gepack-rc36.html

• Member Contributer

That sucks, Dutchy. Two riding seasons ago, I ran into this with 1k on my new tires:

cimg3655-small.jpg

cimg3672-small.jpg

Miraculously, it didn't penetrate the tire. I was on I-70 and a few hundred miles away from home.

In any event, at least you have nice, new rear tread. Now it's time to ride while the weather is still good. :biggrin:

• Member Contributer

Nothing like being nailed and screwed. It seems to go with riding motorcycles. :warranty:

• Member Contributer

That sucks, Dutchy. Two riding seasons ago, I ran into this with 1k on my new tires:

cimg3655-small.jpg

Miraculously, it didn't penetrate the tire. I was on I-70 and a few hundred miles away from home.

In any event, at least you have nice, new rear tread. Now it's time to ride while the weather is still good. :biggrin:

Looks like you could just add a bunch more screws and have a great ice cornering tire. :fing02:

This happened to me at the end of last year and I ended up dropping $270 on one tire.

• Member Contributer

it bolts on op of the grab handles (under the seat) and then clamps over the grab handles as you see in the picture.

:biggrin:

• Member Contributer

I had a nail in my tire on the way down to TMAC this year. I drove around Indiana forever (wasting good riding time) before I found a shop to fix it. Hundreds of redneck Harley mechanics everywhere, but I finally found a Honda dealer to do it. $13 and a great patch job later I was all set.

Until I ran over another nail within 40 miles of getting my tire patched.

AAGGGHGGGHHHHHAH!

But it all worked out okay. :biggrin:

Archived