Official TEXASMAC 2011 Event Thread, May 19th-22nd

• Member Contributer

Baileyrock- I will also bring some stuff for prizes. If they are cool ...OK. If they are deemed not so cool, we can give them away or throw them at people.

Vacation request is in.......this is going to be a good week. As soon as I get my approval I will get things booked.

Will anyone be posting which way people are riding in or does everyone just meet there?

They seem to get a hook-up thing going , just depends on who's doing it and who they're riding close to(Towns/area.

Where you are located is probably close enough to a few people that will be coming from Tex/Kans/Colo/Ok/Etc.

HERE IS HOW IT IS LOOKING FOR ME.....

btl68 and I are leaving STL the weekend before and headed south towards Arkansas to meet with some of his friends for a day or so of riding. Then we will work our way over towards Deals Gap hopefully meeting with a friend of mine riding out of Georiga. I hope to ride around Gatinburg, Blue Ridge Parkway, and others. We will roll in to your meet as you have scheduled. Most likely we will hammer it back towards STL on Sunday.

NONE of this is set in stone but it is a starting point.

ANYONE ELSE WORKING IN FROM THE SAME DIRECTION WANNA JUMP IN?

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

I have permission from my CURRENT employer to miss the first day of our large trade show in Chicago. That means I have to leave Atlanta flying to Chicago on Saturday May 21st but...

I am seriously considering another job and have progressed to another interview in two weeks. It is in the same industry so I may have to play the "already had this time off booked when you started pursuing me." to keep that schedule - not wise for a new job but I am determined to be at TxMac from Monday May 16th through Friday May 20th at least.

I wont be able to book or confirm until I close the interview process with company B...

If the schedule works for a Friday evening group meal, I would be honored to share the stage with brother Timmay....start brushing up on obscure movie quotes and limericks. :biggrin:

Unfortunately I am probably out for TMac '11. :sad: The R&B band I'm in already has 2 gigs scheduled for that weekend. I could probably get away with missing one, but 2 in a row is tough.

Plus I'm in grad school and the homework/studying is kind of intense so far, and that's just for class one night per week. Attending the event might be tough with school going, too.

• Member Contributer

hey is there anyone going from ontario ? if i go i could hook up with anyone heading down , it would be a better ride down if i was with someone who has been to this event

I'm riding down again this year, crossing Monday morning at Watertown for a run down I81 to I77. To setup a Tuseday run down the bottom end of the Blue Ridge Parkway in to Franklin late afternoon Tuseday.

Your welcome to join me if my route works for ya, but I'm a bit of an iron butt, the Monday run is just over a 1000km, I tend to run about 140-150km between stops.

I'm in.

I intend to meet with Dutch and Slammer in Yellville, AR and continue eastward with them. I will probably jet home via the quickest route Sunday morning.

Looking forward to meeting some members who live east of the Mississippi.

• Member Contributer

yes i can handle long halls ... a buddy and i did 2 trips to vermont and new hamsire 3 days covered over 2700 km ... and i could of went longer ... have u made any reservations at all and is this your first time at the texasmac ?

This would be my second Tmac was down 2 years ago. Its well worth the 10hours of slab riding down I81. I'd suggest a cheap $10 throttle lock mind you.

Already book in for the hotel rooming with Monk again this year. Still have to sign up however maybe I'll do that tomarrow.

• Member Contributer

Baileyrock- I will also bring some stuff for prizes. If they are cool ...OK. If they are deemed not so cool, we can give them away or throw them at people.

I have no complaint what I received last year. To be honest, I am very, very proud of it!!! :fing02:

• Member Contributer

Myself and BTL68 should both be registered for tickets, t-shirts,and group dinner. I will get the Hotel set up after this meeting I have to attend.

• Member Contributer

Well signed up and booked hotel rooms- Kanadian Ken gets his own cause he snores worse then a chainsaw. Kanadian Ken and I plan on trailering down the Saturday and ride some before the meet then pull out on the Sunday. MachineBuilder is out this year.

Look forward to seeing those I have met before and meeting those of you I haven't. :beer:

Just got off the phone with a very helpful lady named Tammy..... Room booked. I guess that makes it officially official.

So I guess I have a lot of maintenance and looking over of things to do between now and May.

• Forum CEO

Lets all make it there safe and sound, and back home again safe and sound. Calling all Hillbillys stay the hell away from my veefalo! Or any other interloper out for blood! Looking forward to this ride so so much.

I will be there.....but with the jacksonville crew @ our place on the skyway aka: the hot tub...LOL. The dates always coincide with the National Police Memorial Week in Washington D.C. so when I return from D.C. we will be headed up to NC for a week of fun. The vfr guys from our group will stop by and join in and enjoy a beverage or two....see you fellas then!

• Member Contributer

Can't believe I caught myself looking at a map to see what kind of ride it would be to attend. Only 3900 kilometers one way.

Well, not this year. 2012 is the Summit 2. So maybe I'll make a plan for 2013? Depends what all the other states offer for weather in May.

From what I hear, the meal is worth the trip :biggrin: You guys will have a blast I'm sure.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

Registered and have a hotel room. This will be my second event. Had a great time last year and look forward to seeing everyone again.

• Member Contributer

Registered and room booked.

5 or 6 rooms may be left...

Booked! Fingers crossed that it works out. Being self employed sucks when it comes to a vacation schedule.

I'm not posting here......... :ph34r:

Huh, what'd I miss?

BR cleans this thread on occasion for unessential post to keep it closer to the theme , and Timmy knows his are going to be on the delete list....... :laughing6-hehe:

Archived