Official TEXASMAC 2011 Event Thread, May 19th-22nd

• Forum CEO

Would love to have ya!

Just ride out fromc CO with HS! :fing02:

BR

I had a heck of a time keeping up with him for a day on Gila run. Don't want to slow him down. :goofy:

Looks like 3 of us are meeting in OKC for the trip out via the Ozarks. We would welcome a 4th. From OKC 3 days to 3 days meet and 3 days back.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I injured my knee snow skiing last week, torn meniscus, and I'm TDY to Hill AFB right now in Utah so I can't have the surgery to repair it until I get back to Georgia in February. But from what I've read about the injury and surgery I should be back to 100% by TMac.

I had torn meniscus surgery about 2 years ago. The doc told me 4-6 weeks off the bike. I lasted about 2.5 before I was on it again. I couldn't (or wouldn't) do any long rides, but around town and to and from work was fine.

• Member Contributer
Would love to have ya! Just ride out fromc CO with HS! :fing02: BR
I had a heck of a time keeping up with him for a day on Gila run. Don't want to slow him down. :goofy:
Looks like 3 of us are meeting in OKC for the trip out via the Ozarks. We would welcome a 4th. From OKC 3 days to 3 days meet and 3 days back.
That would be about 8 days of vacation time for me not counting getting to OKC and sadly I don't have that much time available.

Edit: I am still playing around with the numbers. I won't say I am not going just yet because I've got my eye on a trailer and with some creative work scheduling and maybe arriving on Thursday night and leaving Sunday (it would suck but at least I would get two days in down there) I just...might...be able to pull this off. And who knows...I might even drag a friend down with me. Now I have to go talk to my boss and see what he will let me get away with....:blink:

• Member Contributer

This sounds like a great event! Anyone from the Ohio area planning on going that I could tag along with?

Alright...I'm thinking about going!

Any of my Northern Peeps gonna join me?

BMV? Riv? Ox? Ken? Grond? Dude? Pgreen?

I plan on coming, and I plan on riding down from West Michigan. I could meet people up with people anywhere along the way.

But we can start a thread on that when the time comes. I'm still waiting on any official word!

Guest MiddleTBabb

Hello all!

Hello all!

I am definitely getting a few days off of work for this. Looking forward to it!

I may stay at a different spot but I definitely want to meet some of you folks and ride with you to.

Cheers

MTB

• Member Contributer

Days off: Check

Room booked Wed - Sat nights: Check

May 18th: 127 days and counting.....

Count me and my buddy Shawn (rides a VTX 1800) in.

• Member Contributer

I plan to be there. Probably ride with the NC crew. :cheerleader:

I have registered and will get a hotel room tomorrow. Can't wait. :cheerleader:

Kevin, as always. Lead or sweep unless you have others in mind. Whatever you need from me.

Does everyone here fly solo on this or do some go two up? I am on the fence about trying to talk the girlfriend into going. She has a little one to think of and someone will be doing a lot of baby sitting.

David

David,

Safety & Fun are the two Main focuses of this event and thanks to many excellent volunteers I feel that the TMac consistently try's to provide a fun and safe riding environment for every level and type of rider attending!

Just read the entire event info post #1 and most of your questions and concerns should be addressed and please feel free to PM me or post any other questions or concerns you may have about the event.

BR

Here is just a small clip from the thread addressing some of your questions:

"Each group will have a Lead/Sweep team to guide/control/maintain a SAFE group ride .

We'll have at least 3 ride group categories, Relaxed(newer riders),Scenic(Int/slow)& Intermediate(Int/fast) groups. The idea here is Not to let Ego choose your ride group. We want everyone to have a fun and safe time while participating in this event and controlling how groups are run is the biggest factor in a successful and safe event.

This is not a Competition or Race and our Lead riders will lead for the entire group, not a "your on your own" attitude.

Safety and fun will be the focus of all group rides, the idea is for everyone to make it home safely and share what a great time they had at the T-Mac. Not who's the fastest rider. Please keep the ego's at home."

My focus is on the new to the area & newer riders mostly and trying to provide Lead/Sweep teams to run groups of "Like Minded/Level" riders as that's the easiest and safest way to help provide an enjoyable event.

The only reason I would be on the fence in the first place is because she is without any question someone I would rather wake up with than any one of your mugs! LOL

I have not pulled the trigger yet but it sounds like a lot of fun.

OK, that's out of my area of control. :biggrin:

If you do decide to attend be sure to know that our group will do it's best to see that you have a great & safe time at the 2011 TexasMac! :fing02:

BR

• Forum CEO

Dave there are enough people comming that we split up into groups by ride preference, fast, intermediate, scenic and relaxed and usually there are group of 2 up riders as well so there should be somthing for your liking in there.

I hope to be apart of your ride, maybe I can talk BTL68 into coming along?

I might do this one.

I have a traditional ZRXOA rally I always go to in Eureka Springs, Arkansas that is the week before this rally, so we'll have to see how much money I have. The riding is no problem, as this is just a walk in the park for mileage to me.

Maybe we could hit ES, Arkansas on a Friday, ride Saturday and leave for NC on Sunday. We could hit the Dragon on a Tuesday (WAY less crowded) and meet up with the members on Thursday, maybe get back to Saint Louis on Saturday or Sunday.

We'll have to research it. :computer-noworky:

• Member Contributer

Does everyone here fly solo on this or do some go two up? I am on the fence about trying to talk the girlfriend into going. She has a little one to think of and someone will be doing a lot of baby sitting.

I don't really know the area you are riding but I would like to get seat time on the dragon, the blueridge, that beautiful road from Pigeon Forge to Gatlinburg and more. do you guys pass any of this?

Also, is anyone rolling in from the St. Louis area or passing nearby. I would like to two lane it with people like minded?

David

I usually bring my wife to this event, not sure about this year though. Pay attention to what people say if you aren't familiar with the area as it can catch you offguard, and a passenger just adds to that. There were 2 of us that rode 2 up for the fall meet in 09 in my group and we stayed near the back, but were able to keep up with the rest of the group with no problem. If you pick the correct group you should have no troubles.

Finding the right group to ride with is an importand descision and one that brought me stress...UNTIL I found my group. I had one of the best riding days of my life! The roads must be respected and no-one wants to have a prang this far from home, but like anything else, I found the right situation for me. I wisely heeded the warning about fatigue and the nature of the roads and these warnings are true. This area has a unique set of corners and it is not the place to goof off on.

I bet anyone can find their group just by talking and having a beer with folks the night before. Everybody is different, but you can find the most likeminded group and go with them. There are so many groups going at so many different times, one is sure to be a good fit. I would much rather be a faster guy in a slower group than a slower guy in a faster group because you need to leave ALOT in reserve down there.

I would much rather be a faster guy in a slower group than a slower guy in a faster group because you need to leave ALOT in reserve down there.

This is Great Timmy and exactly the correct attitude! :fing02:

• Member Contributer

Rooms secured.

What's the deal with the group dinner? I neglected to sign up with eventbrite, should I do another registration for just the dinner? :warranty:

Guys: Second year in a row that I will be missing my GF's birthday. Luckily she isn't a big BDay person, I have a good gift in mind, but feel free to PM me with some suggestions...

• Member Contributer

Kevin, as always. Lead or sweep unless you have others in mind. Whatever you need from me.

I'll sweep for you Keith! We had a great group last year!

I'm riding with you fellers. Last year was great.

+1.gif

I'm w/ you guys! registered.... waiting waiting...

Rooms secured.

What's the deal with the group dinner? I neglected to sign up with eventbrite, should I do another registration for just the dinner? :warranty:

I still haven't worked out the details yet, I will have a Group Dinner either catered at the Motel or at a local restaurant. The owner of the Franklin has a 30-40 passanger bus and a 15 person van and stated that he would shuttle us anywhere needed last year and I hope he would make the same offer again.

Yes you can buy a Dinner ticket seperately anytime you wish.

Ideally it would be Sat. night, possibly Friday if needed, and we would hand out door prizes and gift cirtificates for various reasons. :fing02:

BR

I still haven't worked out the details yet, I will have a Group Dinner either catered at the Motel or at a local restaurant.

Can Keith and I co-Emcee this event???

I still haven't worked out the details yet, I will have a Group Dinner either catered at the Motel or at a local restaurant.

Can Keith and I co-Emcee this event???

If the pairing of the ones they call "Corner Carver & Timmy The Cop" happens and they emcee the dinner/presentation event - someone MUST videotape it all for replay later - as I will be on the floor laughing so hard that I'll miss most of it after the second one liner hits!!!

p.s. - if you start a thread to solicit "prizes" count me in for a couple - I'll bring some swag from work that I can contribute.

Baileyrock- I will also bring some stuff for prizes. If they are cool ...OK. If they are deemed not so cool, we can give them away or throw them at people.

Archived