Official TEXASMAC 2011 Event Thread, May 19th-22nd

• Member Contributer

Alright I'm in! I just signed up and reserved a double bed room from Wednesday though Sunday!

I'm trying to talk a friend of mine into coming with me. If I don't succeed then I'll be looking for a roommate.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

I reserved my room.

She had a tough time getting the same room for all three nights.

If you are coming, you better get on the stick.

• Member Contributer

Finally got off my butt to register and reserve a room---Chev is right, not many rooms left.

See you there!

AL

• Member Contributer

OK, registered and room booked.

I have to be in the old building this time cause I booked so late... :mellow:

I also have to leave Saturday morning and head back to ATL for a flight to Chicago. :mad:

Oh well, at least I can make it this year...anyone for two smoke margaritas?

• Member Contributer

Just tracked down my PayPal info and signed up :fing02:

Funny I'm booking a ride before I even put 10km on the bike this year.

Rode the sled all winter and was at the gym 5 to 7 times a week this winter, down almost 25lbs from last fall, so hopefully I'm good to ride as soon as the weather becomes spring like, -6°c out right now :pissed:

• 3 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

I've booked my room and signed up for my T-Shirt !!! I just finished a short ride wearing my 2010 T-Mac T-shirt, and I'm wearing it right now. I love this shirt! I ride better when I'm wearing it too!

See you guys in May!

• Member Contributer

Just registered and reserved a room........."reserved" some red ear plug goop too :fing02:

I've met a few of the members from NY, NJ and PA and am looking forward to meeting

many more. I'll be there from Wednesday afternoon til Sunday morning.

• Member Contributer

HELLO EVERYONE,

I have not popped my head up for possibly months....I have been caught by the "cut backs" bug, which lead to other disasters. Funny it has been riding that has keep my head right.

So, I am looking for a room to share with someone (if there is a room left). The guy I was going to ride in with had a change of plans I an have not gone looking in a while.

I will be rolling in from St. Louis area.

David

• Member Contributer

Bailey,

I'm at the Franklin Motel talking to the owner, Ron Haven (he's also on the Macon County Board of Commissoners)

- He has a 24 seat tourism bus to drive people to dinner.

- He also has a bluegrass band that he could have play at Tmac if interested.

Give him a call if you're interested in the band. The bus will be here.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey i registered for this event earlier this morning before i signed up here. If you need my user name, here it is. I registered as Jack Hietala

Thanks

PS I paid for a dinner before i saw that the diner might be at a restaurant. Im assuming the restaurant will not be free, just wondering what the $12 is for?

Hi Jack welcome to VFRD! :fing02:

The $12 covers a catered dinner at the Motel Sat. night, don't worry about any tickets, we'll have list of everyone there and paid.

BR

Registered, got a room, and a dinner ticket. Can't wait! This will be my first TMAC and my first VFRD group ride. Looking forward to meeting everyone. See ya Thursday!

I reserved my room for Thursday night. I can't stay the entire weekend but I'm looking forward to meeting everyone and hitting some great roads on Friday.

Welcome!

Lots of guys looking for roommates if you care to go that route!

CU soon!

BR

• Member Contributer

That little breakfast joint across the street is gonna be SWAMPED

Unfortunately, the breakfast place has closed down. The lady who ran the place passed away. If you look in the window, it looks like the place is ready to open the next morning, but she isn't coming back.

That presents another issue: Coffee. The guy who lives in the office appartment is very focused on 'the office doesn't open until 8am.' He may be in the office, full pot ready to go while sitting at the computer playing some game that he's addicted to playing. NO COFFEE FOR YOU, until 8am. I'm interested in seeing how that goes with this group ...a few dozen angry dudes banging on the window because they still haven't had their coffee.

Firstly. I will miss Sharon-Jean, even though she took 2 hours to deliver 3 pancakes.

You're talking about the place that was hidden in the little dead shopping center with all the country-charm and Christian decorations, behind the mess of buildings across from the motel, right? Yeah, she was the slowest gal in the world, but the food was decent.

But the place most guys probably know about is close by, directly across the street and to the right, across from the NAPA behind the motel. The Normandie, they call it. I hate that place and I'll never, ever, neverever eat there again. Never. How any place can ruin breakfast (no flavor, not even the damn bacon!) is beyond me, and they're not open on Sat or Sunday anyway. And people smoke in there. Ugh. So....MacDonalds is a very short ride away, and with a carefully loaded tankbag even small coffeee can quickly be brought back to the motel and you can enjoy your breakfast looking at lots of motorcycles and talking to everyone about what embarassing thing you did the night before. :laughing6-hehe:

Coffee?

You guys don't know what real coffee is until you have a Timmies.

Been there, done that. :biggrin:

Doesn't help us in Franklin though. :mellow: What is the recommended breakfast spot, with the old one closed? Are there any others in walking distance?

There is a nice place close to the main part of town, called the Sunset Restaurant. Good breakfast and good burgers.

Fullscreen%20capture%205132011%2085306%20PM.jpg

• Member Contributer

Hi gang. I was fortunate enough to meet and ride with some of you a couple years ago at Sebastian's Catskills event. Just wanted to let you know that me and the old v4hondabbs gang will be at Blue Ridge Motorcycle Camp the same week. http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q=franklin,+nc&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&wrapid=tlif130539919706410&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hq=&hnear=0x8859251b3c341e5b:0x7d6abd5c00dca225,Franklin,+NC&gl=us&ei=DM_OTePtF6fl0QHJmrWhDg&sa=X&oi=geocode_result&ct=title&resnum=1&ved=0CDEQ8gEwAA

I think we're doing the Moonshiner Run Thursday or Friday so we'll be riding right by your hotel at some point. I know we all pack so much riding and bsing into these events that it makes it tough to visit, but if any of you see old V4 Magnas, Sabres and Interceptors...we're your friends. Have fun and be safe. Especially those of you who have yet to experience the great Smoky Mountains.

Magoo

A little late to chime in, but I should be able to make it for the weekend.... I've still gotta meet up with Seb, been trying for like 6 years now, hahah :tongue:

Anybody got an extra spot in their room for one more??

SHORT..... Eight hours to leaving for the Big T-Mac.............. Will keep my small tank bag and tail bag on and add my panners, Cranked my rear shock pre-load to the top after two test runs in each of the remaining steps, and got my turn-in where I like it. 20 pounds a panner. See you guys here when I get back, I don't have a mobile PC.

Hope all of you that aren't coming will have a nice week of riding where ever you may ride.

I have to cancel. I have a work issue that must be corrected next Saturday. I just messaged YellowVFRider, we were rooming together. So, please contact him ASAP if you need or have a room space.

I photographed a dance school recital dress rehearsal (450 students) over 9 hours this weekend. Due to staffing and organizational errors, I don't have enough (or high enough quality) images to present my client. We were not allowed to use flash during the rehearsal and my second shooter could not handle this at all. My only recourse is to shoot the actual recital next Saturday, so that is what I must do.

I was really looking forward to seeing many of you again and meeting most that I have never ridden with. I will check in here often to look for more rides in the NC/TN area. I love to ride down there.

Everyone be safe and have a great time,

Kenny

Also, it looks like money is pretty tight right now and ill prob not be able to stay overnight. What day would be a good day to be there? I dont see any kind of schedule or anything. Im signed up for the banquet so i guess that would be the best day?

The basics are be feed and gassed up and in the Franklin Motels courtyard by 8:30am for riders meeting and then break-up into ride groups and Pegs up at 9am, probably 9:30 w/this bunch. :blush:

BR

OK, what's up???

I just called they hotel to confirm my reservation...they said some newb was rooming with me...named Kevon Bellyrocker or somesuch...

I call to check on mine room and it took 30 minute to confirm with the NEW help.

Anytime you call ask for Tammy, she seems to be the Only one that knows anything! I emailed her today about issues like these and hopefully it will all be sorted out before the big wave arrives! :fing02:

BR

• Member Contributer

Well day one was fun, cold, rain, rain, sunshine, big rain, flash flood warnings.

So I'm hold up in Harrisonburg VA, wanted to go farther, but the weather is not on my side. Hoping the rain lets up for a run down the BRP tomorrow.

Well with now 76 plus attendees signed up I Don't have enough T-shirts for everyone! :blink:

I'll check on a second production run, but I would like to ask everyone who ordered Extra tee's that you please give them up for either a refund or your extra shirt mailed to you at a later date.

There was no way I could guess that we would have such a Huge serge in sign-ups in the last two weeks of the event to have enough tee's produced!

SORRY!

br

Well with now 76 plus attendees signed up I Don't have enough T-shirts for everyone! :blink:

I'll check on a second production run, but I would like to ask everyone who ordered Extra tee's that you please give them up for either a refund or your extra shirt mailed to you at a later date.

There was no way I could guess that we would have such a Huge serge in sign-ups in the last two weeks of the event to have enough tee's produced!

SORRY!

br

With everyone's cooperation I plan to use most of teh Extra tee's ordered to hand out at the event and then ship any needed after a Second Run at the Printer.

If this does not work for you I can offer a refund of the extra Tee's cost.

I can cover all sizes except Med. doing this, you Med. guys will need to put on some weight real soon! :goofy:

Thx

BR

Archived