• Honda Gen 6 muffler SET OUT
    • V/H Carbon Fiber
    • Dont do it keep it stock
    • I have a Dual wolf system Ill give you

She is all done....almost

IMG_1887.jpg

IMG_1888.jpg

IMG_1889.jpg

Ok I added a Poll as I wanted some opions on which route to go before I get too deep.

Here are My options:

CBR EXHUAST

undertail002.jpg

undertail001.jpg

undertail003.jpg

Honda 6 Gen OUT

undertail014.jpg

undertail013.jpg

undertail015.jpg

6 Gen IN

undertail006.jpg

undertail007.jpg

undertail009.jpg

undertail011.jpg

V/H Carbon Muffler - Will take bent tip off and be straight or just open:

undertail018.jpg

undertail017.jpg

undertail019.jpg

Derstuka votes dont count as he does not like buttholes smile.gif

Remember that 6 Gen muffle brackets will be cut off and unit cleaned up. Im doing this to show off that $250.00 8 Spoke wheel I got :P

I like the CBR, the 6th gen exhaust has a triangle shape that looks odd with the tire there. Might look at a CBR 1000 exhaust, it has a better tip IMO

CBR.

Is that a '68 Mustang in the background? :blink:

1967 GT 390 4spd Fastback to be correct smile.gif My High School car, we have been together since 1981. Stocking up on Shelby GT500 parts to spoil her soon.

• Member Contributer

:blink: I have two neighbors that lost classic Mustangs in the past month. The guy straight across the street also has a 67 GT (white) restored very nicely and now has a custom "gutter" across the right rear corner of the passenger compartment......thanks to a large tree that fell on a windy day. Neighbor #2 the next house to the north of him had his 65 altered yesterday. He did a frame off restoration this past winter. He just got the body back on (silver) and installed the interior in March and has a motor waiting in the garage. Now, thanks to a ruptured gas main along the side of his property, he is missing a privacy fence, two 30 foot evergreens, and all of his new paint is blistered off of the body of the Mustang. It has been a horrible time for the local neighborhood Mustang club. - maybe it would be better described as a Mustang support group now...

And back on topic - I pick the CBR exhaust!

So far its the CBR muffler in the lead. I got my Thurn tail riser plates in today so next is sending the shock to Jamie for a heavier spring. Thanks for your inputs! Brian

i say flip the VFR can so the point is up and you have a smooth bottom. assuming everything would still clear it would be cool cause noone has seen them. maybe its just me but i like "ive never seen that before, what is it?" factor.

• Member Contributer

I say left exit!

I also picked "I have a Wolf dual....". It's a 5th gen though, would need to be adapted.

• Member Contributer
i say flip the VFR can so the point is up and you have a smooth bottom. assuming everything would still clear it would be cool cause noone has seen them. maybe its just me but i like "ive never seen that before, what is it?" factor.

:blink:

But you gotta produce the connector pipes for the rest of us 4th gen owner who want them (and are unable to do it for themselves... wink.gif

+1.gif

But you gotta produce the connector pipes for the rest of us 4th gen owner who want them (and are unable to do it for themselves... wink.gif

Well if it works out you will just need a 6th gen up pipe smile.gif Pics to come... Ill try to flip the 6th gen muffler and see what happens. Brian

• Member Contributer
Well if it works out you will just need a 6th gen up pipe smile.gif Pics to come... Ill try to flip the 6th gen muffler and see what happens. Brian

So are you saying that you can connect the 6th gen up pipe to the stock 4th gen header without modifications?

So are you saying that you can connect the 6th gen up pipe to the stock 4th gen header without modifications?

Um no I didnt say anything about no mods smile.gif I cut the end off the stock pipe and will be welding a short piece of pipe back on so the stock 6th gen pipe will slip on and use its stock gasket and mount. I have another stock exhaust incase plan A fails and also a left exit I just got for plan C +1.gif

• Member Contributer
Um no I didnt say anything about no mods smile.gif I cut the end off the stock pipe and will be welding a short piece of pipe back on so the stock 6th gen pipe will slip on and use its stock gasket and mount. I have another stock exhaust incase plan A fails and also a left exit I just got for plan C :goofy:

Got it. I understand what you're doing now. +1.gif

Thanks guys for the feedback. If I had the money or could get a deal on a set of smaller dual carbon fiber cans that would be my dream. However Im a poor bastage and figure that if I at least get my under pan, up pipe and a muffler then Ill be ready for a set when I find some.

Yes the CBR muffler does have the heat shield and its in the pic above. Im going to try and use it to help keep temps down under the seat.

Also been looking at some reflecting mat material to line the bottom unit with but I figure it may wind up a mess after some long riding.

not to hijack your thread slo9 but i figure we both could use this info, has anyone pulled a carbon pipe apart to repack or whatever? was there a special lining on the inside of the tube or was it just normal carbon all the way through? then packing then the actual exhaust pipe? if it is just straight carbon all the way through i don't see why we couldn't get a cheap blown out aluminum can and lay our own carbon tube for it. does anyone see any issues with this?

has anyone pulled a carbon pipe apart to repack or whatever? was there a special lining on the inside of the tube or was it just normal carbon all the way through? then packing then the actual exhaust pipe?

The Wolf canisters are a CF tube, no lining on the CF at all. The central perforated tube has caps at each end that locate the CF tube and the whole thing is packed with fibreglass mat.

Those pics I mentioned are on the way later today Knucklehead - have got the Wolf system off and stripped down, subframe and custom inner fender apart etc. Just got the usual domestic duties to get out of the way then it's back to the workshop.

• 1 month later...

Ok just a quick update that the deed is DONE! With the help of Tori I finished her up tonight. Part CBR Part Triumph, and alot of hard work. Here are some pics along the way.

Cut off the stock cross supports and made cardboard templates to maximize the room for the muffler then transfered to aluminium I bought at a metal supply shop. I riveted in the side panels then had the tops welded together. Cut off the battery box portion from a spare fender and kept that stock with its two mounting points.

IMG_1879.jpg

IMG_1876.jpg

]IMG_1877.jpg

IMG_1878.jpg

IMG_1874.jpg

IMG_1885.jpg

Relocated the master cylinder reservoir straight up above the rear brake master

IMG_1880.jpg

Used a 45 bought from Kragen. Used a 6th gen up pipe. Cut off donut flange on header and insert a piece of pipe flared at the end to match 6th gen gasket. Cut off old CBR in pipe on muffler and had pipe expanded to fit in muffler then into 45 pipe.

IMG_1879.jpg

IMG_1873.jpg

Installed a tail riser on bottom of shock for more clearence, welded up the adapter to up pipe and to muffler. Left muffler to 45 unwelded and is a tight slip fit with no leakage. This way it come off alot easier. Welded a rod off header to stop center stand as the factory one was cut off to get up pipe to sit in further for a cleaner / factory look.

Used a Triumph Rear licence plate holder that required a few short tabs welded onto subframe to attach.

IMG_2304-1.jpg

IMG_1887.jpg

IMG_1888.jpg

IMG_1889.jpg

Now I need a drink!

IMG_1189.jpg

• Member Contributer

Slo but steady!

Very well executed sir! +1.gif

Nice work! Why not make your own can or modify one to maximize the space and get the growl of the v4 motor and not have to worry about the rear tire hitting the can...which inless you make your rear shock hard as rock it will and see your out fitted to ride two up which will make it worse. Even with a Wolf system with how small the cans are the few that do/did have them all said they do/did hit the rear tire once and while. The Wolf owners also said the rear seat was hot with the limited space to move the cans heat away. Thats partly why the Honda NR 750's tail end has larger vents at the tail end.

Looks really good! That's some very nice fab work on the subframe! To bad there isn't a cleaner way to mount the licence plate and light, but I think it looks really great!

Dave P.

Archived