22 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think looks best?

• CBRrr Stock exhaust
    • Honda Gen 6 stock muffler SET IN
    • Honda Gen 6 muffler SET OUT
    • V/H Carbon Fiber
    • Dont do it keep it stock
    • I have a Dual wolf system Ill give you

Nice work! Why not make your own can or modify one to maximize the space and get the growl of the v4 motor and not have to worry about the rear tire hitting the can...which inless you make your rear shock hard as rock it will and see your out fitted to ride two up which will make it worse. Even with a Wolf system with how small the cans are the few that do/did have them all said they do/did hit the rear tire once and while. The Wolf owners also said the rear seat was hot with the limited space to move the cans heat away. Thats partly why the Honda NR 750's tail end has larger vents at the tail end.

I have added a tail riser, 929 shock with heavier spring so I don't think there will be any clearence issues. I just rode 400 mile with full Bag set up and Girl on back and only rubbed a few times. This was due to the fact I did not have the spanner to adjust the preload up. If I come across some pipes Ill be glad to have a different up but for now I used what I had. No heat issues at all with the 1/8 aluminum plate and heat shields I have in place. The r/r is the hottest thing on the whole tail.

Looks really good! That's some very nice fab work on the subframe! To bad there isn't a cleaner way to mount the licence plate and light, but I think it looks really great!

Dave P.

Yeah I will make a plate holder soon for it. I had that off a Triumph and wanted the coppers to see a plate on the way To Laguna smile.gif

Not to confuse or stop your great work, it may be even a better if you tried a F4 rear sub frame or the one you got that can from. If I remember at least one other person has done it or with a same type sub frame and it brings the rear section up.

Then I would have to get different Givi set up.....

Nice work, looks good. Don't suppose it was you that picked these up? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...em=270417906190

Damn YOU! You are suppose to show be that BEFORE the auctions end :P I would have bid those suckers up another $100.00 bucks at least... Ill keep that under my new searches!

Well after a ride to Monterey and back I must say there are pros and cons. The looks of it I love but the sound I will have to work on. Does not have that nice deep growl that a straight pipe has. Im afraid if I try to gut it that it will just worsen the baffled muffler sound. With the under tray done and up pipe finished I can always adapt any muffler there now. I like the Jardine RT Carbon dual outlet muffler but dont like the 500 dollar price.

It may have a bit more buzz feeling under the seat at certain RPMs with the muffler attached to the sub frame so may work on some rubber mounts/dampener for that. Crusing speed you cant feel anything so not too much to worry about. Zero Heat issues with all the precautions I took was probably overkill. How ever I would rather have it too cool than too hot on my rear.

In all it boiled down to a simple list of items although it took alot of trial and error to find the right combination's.

1. Cut off stock pipe collector right after center stand holder

2. 1 3/4 inch pipe then fits in the hole and other end flared out to aprox 2"" for 6th gen gasket to clamp over. about 3 1/2 inches overall

3. 6th gen up pipe cut off below the first top bend

4. 45 degree adapter from local Kragens auto parts with 2" on one end and 2 1/4 on the other. Slight flare on the 2" side to slip over up pipe

5. 2" pipe about 4.5 inches long that was increased to 2.5 inches on one end to take up the space from the CBR muffler whose end I cut off.

The fitting and making sure the muffler points at the right angle is the most important part. If I had a welder to tack things in place it would have made my life easier. I used a maker around the joints that needed welded then took it apart to have a friend tack it then back on to recheck... well you get the picture.

If anyone needs a box of 2" mandrel pipe bends I can hook you up. Also will need to sell this left exit header and these fugly side pipes :P

Archived