Nasty Helmet Graphics

Beck

CruzinAZ, that's a very nice matching paint scheme for the helmet. :warranty:

I like something fairly simple, but not necessarily one color.

I've got an Arai with a checkered flag sort of scheme, getting close to retirement.

And another same model Arai with a more abstract design that's next in line (Thanks HobieDog Marty). :biggrin:

I can't see paying an extra $100 or so just for a race replica paint job.

Although the Rossi helmet with his face on top was too cool. :fing02:

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[

Arai has just released a Phil Read replica that looks classy and not bland.

Phil Read Replica

Yes, that Phil Read helmet does look cool and classy. Maybe it could use just a little bit more color though than mostly just black and white. Maybe a slightly bigger Union Jack would do.

Beck

95 VFR

• Member Contributer
And what's up with the styling on the new bikes?! they all look like insects, what happened to the clean lines of say, a 4th gen VFR?

(we're getting older my friend!) :warranty:

Not to start a flame war, but a friend of mine who was with me when I went test riding a new 6th Gen VFR said to me "That thing looks like an alien love child with buck teeth"... laughed my ass off and had to agree.

on the helmet front, Arai has just released a Phil Read replica that looks classy and not bland.

Phil Read Replica

the phil read is the hottness! i drooled over that helmet when it came out

Shoei just re-released a Lawson replica helmet. I have the original at home. (100% shelf duty only)

2007_Shoei_X-Eleven_Lawson_Replica_Helmet_Lawson.jpg

Thinking about buying this one, or an Icon Airframe, downside of the air frame,,, gotta paint it. sad.gif

I like the elbowz, but more white on the Shoei, and white, in the desert is your friend

Be careful of the Airframe, I was close to buying it till I gat a chance to put it on, when you put it on it can give you what I have found is called a fish bowl effect. Most Icon helmets that I have tried on makes my head look HUGE!!!!! Granted I am really short but I got to measure the circumfrence of the icon and the HJC and there was a huge difference, but on the positive side ICON helmets are very well made and a lot of great features that are hard to find in a helmet.

Now for a lot of you looking fo ra nice plain helmet do not forget about Akuma Helmets www.akumahelmets.com awesome technology and some cool designs!

Thanx, I still haven't gotten to even SEE an Air Frame in person yet, but you are the 2nd person with that opinion of them, I am looking for a good summer helmet, gets a lil toasty here for a couple a months :warranty:

I saw a couple of Airframes the other day, and they did look kinda big. Theres a lot of plastic venting add-ons to the top front and back mostly made out of shiney plastic that actually made it look kinda cheaply made. Graphics on the ones I saw were also had the now typically overdone stuff that I mentioned. One of the better graphics I did find was a actually on a cheaper Scorpion helmet line called the "Burst" It looked nice and clean specially in red and black and also in red and white. Only thing that I did not like on it was the stylized geometric scorpion right at the crown of the helmet. It actually looked more like the face from a transformer robot. Bleh..... :biggrin:

• Member Contributer

I think the Arai in my Avatar is the coolest looking helmet ever. I have one of these in my home but it doesn't belong to me (storing it for a friend). I did find one on ebay this past year but I had just bought a new pair of Anthracite Arais so I couldn't justify $400 for a 5 year old helmet after buying almost a thousand bucks worth of helmets.

Suomy has some pretty cool designs....I especially like this one. Right above the dice is Ratfink, shifting gears and burnin' out, lol.

t_19460.png

Oh yeah....and this one is currently in my possession. :warranty:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

Well I do enjoy a plain helmet as much as the next guy, I also enjoy a nice graphic helmet. Sometimes even your helmet can be a nice conversation starter. It all depends on my mood. I have the Rf1000 and its gorgeous helmet, but so plain. Most of the time I wear this one

1bc8_1.JPG

• 6 months later...

I am not even sure what my helmet looks like...I spend most of my time looking at it from the inside. It's greyish/black in there.

Honestly I don't care what they look like, except the girly pics wouldn't fly with my wife for sure, and again I wouldn't be seeing them so what would be the point. I prefer to spend less, get an off the shelf look, and enjoy the riding instead of the styling.

• Member Contributer

I have yet to see helmet graphics that I wouldn't get tired of by the time I got home from the store with the helmet smile.gif

I prefer solid colors, generally red or black. I just have never been able to bring myself to pay the premium for what amounts to the same helmet...

My current helmet is a Shoei RF1000 in Black...

shoeirf1000.jpg

I just picked up a sparx S07 on closeout...could have gotten one with snakes/dragons/skulls/barbed wire on it for the same price with a free extra dark smoke face shield, but I decided not to look like a retard and give up the free shield

18786_4.jpg

I think it looks decent with my red vfr. I am 21 for the record.

I just picked up a sparx S07 on closeout...could have gotten one with snakes/dragons/skulls/barbed wire on it for the same price with a free extra dark smoke face shield, but I decided not to look like a retard and give up the free shield

18786_4.jpg

I think it looks decent with my red vfr. I am 21 for the record.

Rarely do I see a design I like, that's one though :fing02:

Went with solid red for me

Helmet painting.. Not a big deal, well if you know how to paint I guess :fing02: , you can do it with an airbrush and automotive base/clear paint or a small detail gun.

I plan to add some silver to my flip up to match my VFR better. Also waiting to paint my buddies race plastics. I may start doing some helmet/plastic painting if the race plastics turn out okay.

Whenever I paint my Helmet I'll post pictures.

My current lid:

x11glory.jpg

A little busy, but I've found the X-Eleven is the only helmet that fits me perfectly - this graphic is the only one currently available that did anything for me, and I'm not much for solid colors.

• Member Contributer

I just replaced my old Shoei Z-II with a Lawson X-11 that I picked up from Competition Accessories for $400. I really dig the design...

I am not even sure what my helmet looks like...I spend most of my time looking at it from the inside. It's greyish/black in there.

Honestly I don't care what they look like, except the girly pics wouldn't fly with my wife for sure, and again I wouldn't be seeing them so what would be the point. I prefer to spend less, get an off the shelf look, and enjoy the riding instead of the styling.

Well if "styling" doesn't matter too much, then we sholdn't bother with our cool and sexy looking VFRs and be riding Urals instead! tongue.gif

Beck

95 VFR

Well if "styling" doesn't matter too much, then we sholdn't bother with our cool and sexy looking VFRs and be riding Urals instead! tongue.gif

Beck

95 VFR

But I CAN see my bike while riding it. I wouldn't say no to a Ural (in addition to the VFR), I am not a snob.

• Member Contributer

Timmy,

This is what I wear. I hope you approve. The bike is red though. I have to agree that most of the graphics these days make me think that if I wore one of them I'd need to be riding a Busa with a 12' long chrome swingarm. Oh and by the way I'd also be wearing it just perched on top of my head like a beanie. :fing02: gallery_10930_2912_5109.jpg

helmet.jpg

My advice would be to get the one that fits your lid the best. I have a Shoei but just doesn't seem to fit particularly around the jaws as well as the Arai. I wear a solid bright red Arai so grandma can see me. My new VFR will be white...color neutral.

Archived