Lets see some beauty shots

• Member Contributer

A photo from a year or two ago on the Hertfordshire/ Cambridgeshire border in eastern England.

image.thumb.png.0a0809be32df266a84ddd4b7577c1f70.png

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

Attempted to get the light right to show off the shape better. Not sure how successful .....

IMG_20230821_115936083_HDR(2).jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 8/24/2023 at 1:04 PM, Presson said:

Attempted to get the light right to show off the shape better. Not sure how successful .....

IMG_20230821_115936083_HDR(2).jpg

Hi Presson,
I'm really interested by your tank grips. Do you have any link or brand?
Thank you very much

• Member Contributer
49 minutes ago, Brovilier said:

Hi Presson,
I'm really interested by your tank grips. Do you have any link or brand?
Thank you very much

Those are from Stompgrip.  I had them and pulled them off.  They don't provide much grip and the clear ones are hard to get rid of the air bubbles that are created during install.  I've found universal grips from other manufacturers to work better. 

• Member Contributer

Hi Brolivier. Thanks to Oregonian for stepping in although I don't completely agree.

The pads are Stompgrip and are the 8 Gen specific version. They come in several textures. The Volcano version has quite large conical studs that grip really well on leathers. I've used them on all my bikes and found them excellent for locking on.  The other version called Icon is much less pronounced and lower grip.

As for fitting, it's a case of good prep; warming the pad with a hairdryer before fitting and rolling it on. That way air bubbles are minimised.

I think they are widely available, but I am in the UK. Presumably you can get them in the France. My supplier link is here (ignore that it refers to02-07 as it actually goes to the 8Gen version). Hope that helps 

https://reactiveparts.com/stompgrip-honda-02-07-vfr-streetbike-kit.html

13 hours ago, Oregonian said:

Those are from Stompgrip.  I had them and pulled them off.  They don't provide much grip and the clear ones are hard to get rid of the air bubbles that are created during install.  I've found universal grips from other manufacturers to work better. 

3 hours ago, Presson said:

Hi Brolivier. Thanks to Oregonian for stepping in although I don't completely agree.

The pads are Stompgrip and are the 8 Gen specific version. They come in several textures. The Volcano version has quite large conical studs that grip really well on leathers. I've used them on all my bikes and found them excellent for locking on.  The other version called Icon is much less pronounced and lower grip.

As for fitting, it's a case of good prep; warming the pad with a hairdryer before fitting and rolling it on. That way air bubbles are minimised.

I think they are widely available, but I am in the UK. Presumably you can get them in the France. My supplier link is here (ignore that it refers to02-07 as it actually goes to the 8Gen version). Hope that helps 

https://reactiveparts.com/stompgrip-honda-02-07-vfr-streetbike-kit.html

Thank you so much, I will probably go for it soon
Cheers

• Member Contributer
3 hours ago, Brovilier said:

Thank you so much, I will probably go for it soon
Cheers

I completely forgot about the volcano grip option.  I did the icon ones on my VFR and found them to have zero grip.  I've had volcano on other bikes and they worked great. 

• Like 1

• Member Contributer

I love my TechSpec tank grips on nearly every bike. They're easy on gear and grippy when you need it. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Member Contributer
44 minutes ago, bmart said:

I love my TechSpec tank grips on nearly every bike. They're easy on gear and grippy when you need it. 

Same here, got them on all 3 VFRs. 

• Member Contributer
On 8/26/2023 at 4:55 PM, vfrgiving said:

Did you have to trim the fairing insides to squeeze those fans in?

Just a little where the frames crossed the fold in areas. 

On 7/27/2023 at 7:54 PM, Presson said:

A photo from a year or two ago on the Hertfordshire/ Cambridgeshire border in eastern England.

image.thumb.png.0a0809be32df266a84ddd4b7577c1f70.png

Looks fast in read...even stationary! ha.