Jump to content

2022 VFRD Spring Memorial Ride 5/19-5/22


Recommended Posts

Its official...The Spring Memorial Ride will be May 19th to May 22nd.

Microtel  828-349-9000 (mention VFRD)

Franklin NC

Rooms: $70 weekday

             $100 Friday/Saturday

 

No fees, No food,  No shirts, but there's always plenty!

We mostly don't care what you ride or how unless you are out of control.

 

IMG_6379.thumb.JPG.b88365032db0b863aa6e0ba9320402af.JPG

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Member Contributer

How many folks usually show up? For some reason...I have no track events that weekend. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, bmart said:

How many folks usually show up? For some reason...I have no track events that weekend. 

We've been running about twenty five spring and fall. It's a good group of folks who have been together for close to ten years. We get in some great riding and some great socializing. If you look at some of the Major Events threads, you'll see a lot of the same faces in the pics. We pick up a couple and lose a couple every year. Come join us.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awesome.  I've wanted to join you all the last couple years and it just hasn't worked out.  I was hoping to do a ride to that region this year regardless, and right now that weekend is open for me.  Hopefully it will stay open so I can attend the 2022 ride with all you hooligans!  🙂

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Member Contributer

Although it is too far for my arthrisis ridden 73 yr old body, VFRD get togethers are the best in the world. I wish you all safe riding. Wish I could be there.. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
  • Forum CEO

I spoke with BaileyRock, he sounds like he is interested in doing this with me.  I will be there!  Its been too long! I might drag my local riding buddy along too.  I would be nice to see the old gang back together for another great weekend of riding Appalachia. 

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Member Contributer

This is in my backyard.  I'll be there, just likely not until Friday evening.

Looking forward to seeing some of you and meeting others!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Member Contributer
On 1/10/2022 at 2:48 PM, bmart said:

How many folks usually show up? For some reason...I have no track events that weekend. 

This got solved the other day. I'm coaching for the Aprilia day at my favorite course on Monday. We'll see...

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...

We will be hitting the smokies a bit earlier in the month.  Unfortunately we cant afford the fuel to make 2 trips.  Y'all have a great get together and ride.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, gloryracing said:

We will be hitting the smokies a bit earlier in the month.  Unfortunately we cant afford the fuel to make 2 trips.  Y'all have a great get together and ride.

 

Hate that we will miss you guys but hope you have a great trip. I hope to be up before the ride to get some warmup and break-in miles. Gas prices be damned!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Member Contributer

Its been few years since my last attendance. Im gonna try to make it this year!

065238C6-958C-41C6-B087-2630D25DCF93.jpeg

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, vtecal said:

Its been few years since my last attendance. Im gonna try to make it this year!

065238C6-958C-41C6-B087-2630D25DCF93.jpeg

Glad to hear you might make it. I noticed you also have the new Tiger 660. I picked mine up about a month ago. Loving it and can't wait to get it to the mountains. I also noticed that you no longer live in Alabama. Does that mean we have to stop calling you Al?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Member Contributer
19 minutes ago, Sweeper said:

Glad to hear you might make it. I noticed you also have the new Tiger 660. I picked mine up about a month ago. Loving it and can't wait to get it to the mountains. I also noticed that you no longer live in Alabama. Does that mean we have to stop calling you Al?

Im loving the 660! My previous Triumph, the Explorer 1200, is a great bike and was an excellent long distance steed. I wanted something lighter and better handling-the 660  triple fit the bill.

As far as moving to Tennessee…VTECTN ain't gonna work   🤣

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

It must be just six weeks away as am starting to think about trailer bearings, spares and tools - it's 900 some-odd highway miles for this guy and worth suffering through every minute to ride those fantastic roads.  And yeah, the people aren't bad either :biggrin:.

 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Shaping up to be a good one. Several new folks have spoken up and a good number of folks we haven't seen in a few years. Even if Ken doesn't show up with his flashlight, I think we'll have a good time.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Member Contributer

I put in for the 17th-25th. No one else has requested any time off in all of May, so it should get approved. I told my immediate supervisor, if it didn’t get approved, don’t count on me to show up for those dates to work or return there as an employee after those dates, if they choose to deny me. The place sucks!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, ducnut said:

I put in for the 17th-25th. No one else has requested any time off in all of May, so it should get approved. I told my immediate supervisor, if it didn’t get approved, don’t count on me to show up for those dates to work or return there as an employee after those dates, if they choose to deny me. The place sucks!

DAMN, WAY TO COMMIT! Some of us take attendance pretty serious but this is new levels.😛

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Member Contributer

Reservation made for the 18th thru 23rd. I’m leaving the 17th, from ~700mi away, and have to come through ATL, so not counting to arrive the 17th. 
 

I’m bringing my Tiger 800XCx, as well, and have a buddy coming in from Norfolk who’ll ride that.

 

I can’t wait!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's a month out! Shaping up to be a good year. I've seen a few new people, and a few more we haven't seen in a while, who have replied that they are attending. I think we have been about 25 for the last few years. I know a few of us regulars will be on other than VFR's this year so it will be interesting to see how many are left. A testament to the group that we all still show up after moving on from VFR's. Which reminds me, I need to collect mine and get it ready to sell. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Member Contributer
12 hours ago, Sweeper said:

It's a month out! Shaping up to be a good year. I've seen a few new people, and a few more we haven't seen in a while, who have replied that they are attending. I think we have been about 25 for the last few years. I know a few of us regulars will be on other than VFR's this year so it will be interesting to see how many are left. A testament to the group that we all still show up after moving on from VFR's. Which reminds me, I need to collect mine and get it ready to sell. 

Reservations made. Bringing the Triumph Tiger 660 and the VFR. The VFR is my emotional support motorcycle, never to be sold…😎

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, vtecal said:

Reservations made. Bringing the Triumph Tiger 660 and the VFR. The VFR is my emotional support motorcycle, never to be sold…😎

I know that there will be three Tiger 660's at the ride. What are the odds of that? Might be a few more after the event!😀

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Member Contributer

Well, I’d be lined up for a Tiger 660, if they came with electronic cruise control. I’ve ridden most of Triumph’s lineup and I thoroughly enjoyed the Trident. I just need a more accommodating cockpit and passenger perch than that bike offers. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy.