WackenSS

Time to crank up the SuperCharger.

After many years of hibernation it's time to take my SuperCharger to the next level.

In a matter of weeks I will receive 3 O2 bungs attached to a header! Thank you so much to the guys responsible for all your hard work making this becoming reality!

I'm going for 2 widebands, one for front and one for rear cylinders.

This is where rapidbike comes in to play.

So some questions to the expert rapidbike guys in her:

Firstly, I'm now running a custom tune pc3.

I don't know yet what file format rapidbike uses, but is there anyway of using my pc3 file on RB?

I'm taking it for granted, if possible to convert, that mytuningbike will be able to make the tweaks necessary without the need for Dyno with the base pc3 file?

If this is a no, will it be able to correct a stock 5th gen RB file to a safe file?

With no detonation detection, other than by ear, how can one make sure this never happens without a Dyno? I'm not even sure it's audible under any of these circumstances... Is it?

We have 98 octane RON with no ethanol available, but also available with 5% ethanol.

Is there a flex-fuel sniffer available for the rapidbike?

Does rapidbike have a MAP sensor option?

Does rapidbike have an IAT sensor option?

I don't yet know if there is another 20hp left in my stock injectors, but this will be apparent after trying.

I know that the 6th gen revs a little higher, and again I am guessing that rods/piston are identical to the 5th gen, but for now, and for comparison before/after header/rapidbike and fear of maxing injectors, I'm going to leave as is for now.

My goal is 210chp, with stock brakes and suspension just to get some excitement back in riding my bike

Wakken,

The man to talk to about Rapid Bike is CandeyRedRC46, he seems to be the one most knowledgeable on it's capabilities. The other person to speak to would be Yaman Turan at Rapid Bike, he was very helpful when I spoke with him when I was looking into the RB. He responds to the general email mailbox: info@rapidbike.us

• Like 1

Wakken,

The man to talk to about Rapid Bike is CandeyRedRC46, he seems to be the one most knowledgeable on it's capabilities. The other person to speak to would be Yaman Turan at Rapid Bike, he was very helpful when I spoke with him when I was looking into the RB. He responds to the general email mailbox: info@rapidbike.us
Let's hope Jo sees this post then

9 hours ago, WackenSS said:

After many years of hibernation it's time to take my SuperCharger to the next level.

In a matter of weeks I will receive 3 O2 bungs attached to a header! Thank you so much to the guys responsible for all your hard work making this becoming reality!

I'm going for 2 widebands, one for front and one for rear cylinders.

This is where rapidbike comes in to play.

So some questions to the expert rapidbike guys in her:

Firstly, I'm now running a custom tune pc3.

I don't know yet what file format rapidbike uses, but is there anyway of using my pc3 file on RB?

I'm taking it for granted, if possible to convert, that mytuningbike will be able to make the tweaks necessary without the need for Dyno with the base pc3 file?

If this is a no, will it be able to correct a stock 5th gen RB file to a safe file?

With no detonation detection, other than by ear, how can one make sure this never happens without a Dyno? I'm not even sure it's audible under any of these circumstances... Is it?

We have 98 octane RON with no ethanol available, but also available with 5% ethanol.

Is there a flex-fuel sniffer available for the rapidbike?

Does rapidbike have a MAP sensor option?

Does rapidbike have an IAT sensor option?

I don't yet know if there is another 20hp left in my stock injectors, but this will be apparent after trying.

I know that the 6th gen revs a little higher, and again I am guessing that rods/piston are identical to the 5th gen, but for now, and for comparison before/after header/rapidbike and fear of maxing injectors, I'm going to leave as is for now.

My goal is 210chp, with stock brakes and suspension just to get some excitement back in riding my bike emoji848.pngemoji12.png

Check in with CornerCarver - he's got his Toro bike tuned using a Rapid Bike setup.   He's got it dialed in - definitely knows what's what with 6th gen forced induction.

Check in with CornerCarver - he's got his Toro bike tuned using a Rapid Bike setup.   He's got it dialed in - definitely knows what's what with 6th gen forced induction.

I'm 5th gen, but I'm sure the difference is minor and with mytunig bike module should be easy enough to translate.

A small update.

Headers showed up one week ago, so
i'm starting my rapidbike research based on the somewhat limited knowledge the Norwegian distributor has. RapidBike is pretty new to all of us, besides one crf1000 africa-twin install with amazing results in driveability!

We discussed the possibility of adding sensors on the rapidbike race module as it seems that the race ECU has the same hardware across all bikes and should be able to handle a better MAP sensor solution than the OEM one. If it's even needed.

They will forward our thoughts to Italy where the experience is at to get definitive answers.

I'm not deep in the sensor set up yet, but I know that the OEM ECU triggers FI light when pressure is detected. This issue was "solved" by inserting a restrictor inside the hose and reversing the one-way valve to let positive pressure escape. This is based upon memory of conversations I had with Dan upon initial installation wich is light-years ago...

Regarding the file system conversion question, it seems to be a definite no-go.

I think my solution will be to print the blocks from the PC3 map and see where and how much is added, and plot it into the RB.
Mytuning module will correct this while im driving on the safe side of detonation, and I'll alter the numbers based on the wideband sensors from time to time to get closer to a base map.

As for the flex fuel, Wich I forgot to talk about, I'm was thinking about the haltec sensor wich elegantly sniffs out what ethanol quantity is present. So there is my answer, it is not able to detect what octane I am running, just how much ethanol is in my fuel.
Our 95 octane Ron fuel has 5% ethanol, and our 98 has nothing.

Been running 95 since day one, except when on Dyno, and with stock ignition advance thus has been hassle free even with insane ambient temperatures.
I'm not going to change the pressure as of now, so I'm going to stick with 95 fuel untill I start playing with advance or going for higher pressure.

That's my thoughts as of now.

a3a045266f530daddaade5ccb94a2adc.jpg

What is it you need to know about RBR ? I have it setup on my 5th gen with MTB & 120hp normally aspirated.

As an FYI, I just changed the throttle bodies to a spare set of 99 ones with a choke lever as the wax unit on my original Y2K set has always shut off to early around 45c & the bike stalls on cool days.  

I’ve taper bored the entry to the TB’s up from 40mm with a step near the throttle plate where the stock intake trumpets rest, to 42mm with no step. I also fitted a set of cleaned secondhand CBR929 4-hole injectors which are almost a straight swap.

Then I started it up, idled it to operating temperature & balanced the starter valves & adjusted the idle speed. Took it for a test run & there were various places it was rubbish & stumbling, slow accelerating etc, the more I rode it the better it got. Now after 45 miles it was almost back to how it was before. I stopped after 20miles & accepted the trims in base map & again at 45 miles. 

It was quite lean between 2000-7000rpm. Now its great again. It will need  my new big airbox to complete it, as it’s running the previous 40mm entry dual stack version. But I’ll get round to that later.

One thing I noticed is with the max/min trim level set to 15%, the MTB adjusts fuel as required for your set point now, where as before it was a max/min deflection number I.e. +15-15 in the table. This is better as it quickly brings the fuelling to a good AFR.

Re your turbo version. If you need higher CC injectors, then the early Suzuki Hayabusa used the same injectors as did Honda Civic & CRV. There are some high quality 12-hole increased CC direct replacement injectors available for the Hayabusa.

The RBR supports up to 4 MTB’s and CR46 has that setup on his. The newer version support the Bosch 4,9 wideband sensor which is a big step up from the old 4.2 that I’m using, it’s more stable & much quicker to react & last longer. Depending on your budget & how much spannering you want to do you can you can do a couple of things. 1. Buy four & let it all be fully automated. Or 2. Buy one & add 5 tap points to the exhaust. Then use the 5th point in the collector to average all 4 cylinders & save that map. Then move the sensor to each header individually & check/tune each cylinder & save each cylinders map. When all 4 are done compare them if there is no major difference then you can just use the 5th point single map. But if there are large enough variations then switch to 1 map per cylinder & manually add the base maps you previously saved. The MTB would now be redundant, but if there were variations in injector flow, you could always match those injectors in the throttle bodies. As in the two richest ones in cyl 1+3 & the leanest ones in 2+4, remember the ECU map will be richer on the rears by default. 

As always YMMV